What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

melty

Nothing is better than finding out for yourself! Vision Creator is the man, but his experience should not be conclusive for the subject. Keep on keepin' on with ya bad self GP. I am interested in the results for sure.

D

Dalaihempy

Ganja Pasha said:
so I'm going to find out for myself.

Only way mate i my self think you will see some veration tho as sk1 the cheese came from showed veration and that cut was selected from a few plants so its not as stable as some say sk1 is or was back then.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so much hype about this cheese strain if you ask me cheese is 2 the UK like g-13 is to america all these strains have had parents 2 make these strains and im sure some one out there has found a pheno just like cheese from skunk1 seeds its like northern lights 5# dont realy no what to beleive these days?

G

It is hard to know what to believe, but that has pretty much always been the case in this quasi-legal seed(y) biz! Hiya hempy, you are right, the Cheese isn't truebreedign for it's unique qualities, but my supposition is that it comes from a less stable Skunk #1 line than what's available now and selfing the Cheese may produce a fair bit of variation in the offspring, but if the variation is mostly in taste and smell and the offspring are pretty consistent in structure, potency and effect, then what they would actually represent is a range of classic Skunk phenos, and that sounds worth having to me. On the other hand, they may not be as good as the Cheese in potency, taste and effect, who knows, but I'm hoping to find out with some practical work rather than just theorising as everyone seems to have their own theory about Cheese, it's become a contentious subject just like the Kush crap last year, so time to do my lil bit to dispel some of this BS.

lovelightpower

Veteran
i made my colloid silver generator,
what colour was your water after its treatment Ganja Pasha?

i'm just wondering if my silver spoon is pure siver.

my first project will be reversing and pollinating my psychosis,
then when i get the cheese that will be next.

G

Silver spoons won't be anywhere near pure silver as pure silver is very soft and maleable.

The water is brown with a silver tint and little flecks of silver floating on the surface.

One of my Purple Afghan clones that I've been spraying with CS has fully reverted, the Cheese is being sprayed daily, so fingers crossed.

K

Karma Genetics

How long could you save the CS ? I got a botle standing there for a long time already. Maybe i should give it a try on one ore two mom's

lovelightpower

Veteran
cheers Ganja Pasha,
i will look at getting some more silver....

the silver spoon i used did have a hall mark, and in a presentation box from a jewellers,
this spoon was very old found in a squat, it was very maleable, very bendy.
i was just worried the water wasn't meant to look so brown or with actual flecks of metal in it. as the colloid silver i bought for health benefits was clear.

but i think i would like to use some known pure silver, for peace of mind

this is colloid silver Jenny so far!

Last edited:
G

I bought some 99% pure silver wire online, do a google, lots of places sell it, jewellery places and such.

Only way to know if the cs you made with that spoon is any good is to try it.

CS keeps a long time I think, after all it's just silver particles in suspension in water.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is there nothing else you can buy that will work the same....i was in somas house once and he was talking about soap spray mutating plants

lovelightpower

Veteran
this as far as i can tell the safest and healthiest way to revert the sex of your female to a male. i have taken colloid silver as a health supplement before, so i feel totally safe giving it to my plants.

i will spray my test plant today, and i will place it in the flower room in about a week.

how often did you spray Ganja Pasha?

Elahrji,

The Cheese cut selfed produced no plants like the cheese in any way.I grew out 50 of the S1's and it was a waste of space and time.Lots of thin stalked,low bud count,hempy looking shwag.

I looked at the Big Buddah Blue cheese and that got no where near the original.

My next try is a pack of 1985 Skunk#1 seeds I was gifted.I got 7/10 to germinate with one indica looking male and 6 nice fems.2 sativa looking 4 Indica looking so far.
I will put the '85 male onto the cheese and try some backcrossing if needed.

I have found that some plants just cannot get any better than the state that they are already in...

V

G

Bob, who made the S1s? Are you talking about S1s of the actual cut of the GHS fems?

I find it hard to believe that you got hempy looking schwag from S1s of Cheese as Cheese is Skunk #1 and selfing it should produce more skunk #1, the only question is how many of the S1s will have the terpenoid profile of the Cheese cut.

Ganja Pasha

I selfed the Cheese cut with STS.

I was anticipating some great results but got nothing more than described above.It fell apart in the reversal for some reason.I have found that ,sometimes, the parents are not as good as the offspring they create, specially in reversals.This was done some years ago just after the clone was shipped over from the UK to me.It is the Exodus cut and the same one as Chimera and most of the west coast has.I know because I handed it out to everyone.I think it was the first copy to make it over.The Cheese is a great plant and I love it's flavor although the SK#1 high is a bit mild,Up for half an hour then down for half an hour.You can smoke it to the end and it just gets better as you go.Great for outcrossing but not good for selfing.

If you want to make it better I suggest you use a "Sweet Blue" male (SweetSkunk x blueberry)onto the Cheese.The Sweet Blue Cheese is one of the finest breeds I have done, lengthens the high, triples the strength and adds even more amazing tastes.Reeferman suggested that I should have entered it in the HTCC....LOL.It's Just fun for me.

Selfing is not all it is cracked up to be

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bobthegrower said:
Ganja Pasha

Selfing is not all it is cracked up to be

Yeah mon,, s1 anything adds very little to the underground gene-pool that we are all working towards :no:

K

Karma Genetics

bobthegrower said:
Elahrji,

The Cheese cut selfed produced no plants like the cheese in any way.I grew out 50 of the S1's and it was a waste of space and time.Lots of thin stalked,low bud count,hempy looking shwag.

My next try is a pack of 1985 Skunk#1 seeds I was gifted.I got 7/10 to germinate with one indica looking male and 6 nice fems.2 sativa looking 4 Indica looking so far.

I have found that some plants just cannot get any better than the state that they are already in...

V

Hi Bob

I like your project with the old SK#1 male to use as pollen donnor for the BX. That will make it verry different from BBcheese.

Whising you good luck.

And i think this cut should be in a goood seed form for the generations that will follow.

mauiwowie

Hi guys,

I have been reading this thread with some interest and because of it I met up with an old grower friend I know last night who I hadn't seen for years. K+ to this thread.

Anyway the reason I contacted him is that I remembered around 97 he was doing some selfing/ back crossing experiments with the exodus cheese cut, I am a plant scientist and at the time I was giving him some advice on the science behind plant breeding but I couldn't really remember what had happened. I thought some of you might be interested so I invited him round. Good move as he brought his own hazey breed round called infinity....wow :rasta: and something else :jump:

So here is his story as I remember it from last night.

Selfing cheese is a long and arduous process. As others have said the S1 generation is all throwbacks to the plants used to breed the parents of the SK #1 (cheese). Alot of landrace pheno's as he put it and a few choice indica or sativa doms but nothing like cheese. He then selected plants with cheese like traits (smell, bud structure, colour etc) and grew up 2 sets of clones and placed each in a seperate grow chamber. He then selfed one set to produce S2s but he also collected pollen from each of the S1's and then used that to fertilise a series of S1 crosses in the 2nd chamber to produce aload of F1(s) seed.

He then grew out the S2's and the F1(s). The S2's were much of the same, nothing special but the F1(s) crosses were where it got interesting. He found several S1 crosses that yeilded plants that were either very cheese like or resembled other SK #1 pheno's. So he grew up those S1 clones and redid the crosses to get more seed numbers. This is where it stopped on this experiment as he lost all his clones but he still has some of the seeds.

He gave me 3 of the best (most cheesey) F1(s) seeds he had. He reckons they should be fairly cheesey. He also gave me 3 supercheese seeds that are the end product of a Cheese x super skunk cubing project he was messing around with. He reckons they are pretty cheesey as well. I will be starting up indoors again at some point later in the year so they may well be 1st on the list alongside some grapefruit and Nev's Haze.

ElAhrJi

bobthegrower said:
Elahrji,

V
Thanks for the knowledge dude...you the man...