What's new

Why doesn't my plant appear frosty ? Week 10 of flowering

H

h^2 O

I recently began growing for myself April 4th 2009, the day my Medical Marijuana Application was mailed to the state.

It's been a rough start, some seeds I purchased produced all males or hermies.
A kind member from another site sent me some seeds he had produced and, I have a lovely female which I've nursed to this point.
I vegged her for two months, took some clones and placed her in to flowering.
It took forever before she began showing flowers, over one month.
Today she is in her tenth week of flowering and while she has big buds, I don't see anything close to some of the buds I've seen at this stage.
Many white pistils, some turning a little brown but, I don't see that frosty, dripping trichs like many pictures show in the various grow logs.
Last week she started a new growth spurt on the tallest buds.

Have I done something wrong after all this time ?
The strain is a private breeding between a Master Kush and Skunk #1

I have her under two 400 HPS inside my closet, grown in dirt.
looks like a dominant sat - I've had Durban Poison from DP that looked just like that, but there was no frost and the smoke was SHEET.
I'd say just let it go until the trichs are ALL red/brown. If you don't the smoke will suck - get you high for 10 mins like resin or something. That way you'll at least get some cannabinoids.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Thanks everyone, your opinions and conversation is much appreciated.

I do have a pair of bifocals '>}
I know this hobby demands we use the proper equipment.
I'll eventually get up to speed.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I took some pictures of the clone I have from this first plant.
She looks more like I imagine she should grow.
Tell me what you think, did I correct the problems allowing this addition to grow proper?

clone1buds.jpg

clone1buds1.jpg

Owl Mirror

Veteran
dam mmmmm she looks real good from here.

Thanks, she is a bit too tall but, that is due to my putting the clone under the same lamps as the older mother. Really made her stretch the first few weeks. The boards on the wall behind the buds are about 5.5 feet level.
It's not going to produce a bumper crop but, I'll take it ;>}

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'll eventually get up to speed.
ROTFLMAO!

The one thing I've learned from all my involvement with cannabis is patience. :D
I'm becoming the king of working without 'proper' equipment and not by choice. LOL

The endeavor of cultivating cannabis is not a quick thing to master and you're doing great. :D Just absorb all the information you can, try to relax a bit so you don't get too wrapped up and miss out on something and above all..... enjoy yourself. It's about increasing your quality of life, so don't mess it up by forcing or chasing anything. :D

Stay safe! :D

M

masterKahn

The zen art of patience is a valuable skill when growing the devil weed. Take your time and the more time you take the more you learn :joint:

Owl Mirror

Veteran
ROTFLMAO!

The one thing I've learned from all my involvement with cannabis is patience. :D
I'm becoming the king of working without 'proper' equipment and not by choice. LOL

The endeavor of cultivating cannabis is not a quick thing to master and you're doing great. :D Just absorb all the information you can, try to relax a bit so you don't get too wrapped up and miss out on something and above all..... enjoy yourself. It's about increasing your quality of life, so don't mess it up by forcing or chasing anything. :D

Stay safe! :D

Excellent advice, thanks !

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Those early buds you sampled do look premature. IMO your plant may need closer to a month to finish properly. Plants often mature from the bottom up
i assume you mean from the top down? ive grown a buncha of weed and seen a lot of grows and not once have i seen the lower buds mature before the cola.

lordbudly

Veteran
dayuM!!!!!!!!!! those plants look delicious! when you harvest both those and put a clone directly under the light adjusted to the clone not another plant she is gonna be fat sticky colas galore!

Owl Mirror

Veteran
dayuM!!!!!!!!!! those plants look delicious! when you harvest both those and put a clone directly under the light adjusted to the clone not another plant she is gonna be fat sticky colas galore!

Thanks, yeah the anticipation is killing me now that I've gotten so close ;>}

This will be my first legal medical marijuana harvest.
I really hope I get enough to last me until the next harvest.
When these two girls get harvested, I have 2 Nepalese, 3 Ethiopian and 1 Mazar all ready to go under the 12/12 lamps. I also have some unknown strain seedlings that should be much shorter flowering times.
I really need a bigger grow room !

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Was taking a few pics today and caught this one of my clone.

MKxS1clone08-11-09.jpg

I bought a scope yesterday and looked at the trich's this morning on both my plants.
The mother is well endowed with trich but they were almost all clear. A few of the lower buds were maybe 5% cloudy with a few amber. Those closest to the top of the plant were plentiful but, clear.
The clone on the other hand is pretty consistent throughout the entire plant. It is just as endowed with trich but, maybe 5-10% cloudy.

By the way, I snapped this pic. A testament to survival instincts in nature.

BonusBud.jpg

Sister Sara

I don't drink alcohol so I've stayed away from this Green Dragon.

Hehe, I don't drink either. The tincture made with this method is taken in doses of only 1 ml each. That is a 28th of an ounce, or a single dropperful. There is probably more alcohol in one dose of cough syrup. :)

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hehe, I don't drink either. The tincture made with this method is taken in doses of only 1 ml each. That is a 28th of an ounce, or a single dropperful. There is probably more alcohol in one dose of cough syrup. :)

LOL, and here I thought folks were sitting around doing shots ;>}

Sister Sara

LOL, and here I thought folks were sitting around doing shots ;>}

:)
You're right, they do. But that is when they make it with the cold method, the warm method, or if they mess up when making it with the hot method. Some folks don't have a real oven, and have to use a toaster oven to decarboxylate their bud. It can be very difficult to get the timing right with a toaster oven, so they end up vaporizing some of their thc, or they don't get it hot enough for long enough. A real oven with a good thermostat is almost a necessity for the hot method.

Pain sux a$$. I hope you get what you need from the weed, brother.
:abduct:

Owl Mirror

Veteran
:)
You're right, they do. But that is when they make it with the cold method, the warm method, or if they mess up when making it with the hot method. Some folks don't have a real oven, and have to use a toaster oven to decarboxylate their bud. It can be very difficult to get the timing right with a toaster oven, so they end up vaporizing some of their thc, or they don't get it hot enough for long enough. A real oven with a good thermostat is almost a necessity for the hot method.

Pain sux a$$. I hope you get what you need from the weed, brother.
:abduct:

Thanks Sara, I think I'll stick with the cannabutter ;>}
I'm not too keen on blowing myself up.

Or maybe I'll try making my very own "Hillbilly Hash Machine"

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hi folks, well I bought a scope and have been examining my frost-less wonder.
Once I started really looking at this plant microscopically, I noticed so many areas that were pure 'leaf-lettuce'. I can imagine I'll harvest much from her and I guess I'll be learning how to make hash, oil, whatever ... :>}

Here are some pictures after I decided it might be advantageous to trim away all that green growth and expose what buds are present to mature.
The lower single buds are OK and, should give me a sack of nuggets but, at least half of this plant is salad.

shaveanahaircut.jpg

lilithshaved.jpg

bud5.jpg

bud3.jpg

bud1.jpg

bud6.jpg

bud4.jpg

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Just keep looking at those glands and wait.

Yes, now that I cleaned away that freakin forest, I can see the buds and look throughout the whole plant. The majority of the glands are going cloudy with about 10% amber.
When I do cut her down, I will have a lot of trimming. Most likely the big cola's will need to have the buds cut out of the veggie material.
Then I'll make something out of the left over trash.
The clone is right behind this plant so I'll have an adequate harvest from both plants to get me through until the next one.

F

flat5th

Owl.

That is looking pretty good! 10% amber eh? when do you think you'll harvest? i usually do it at about 20% amber.

I think your original concerns will be satisfied once you toke on that hefty lady.

peace!
Fifth.