What's new

Why doesn't my plant appear frosty ? Week 10 of flowering

Owl Mirror

Veteran
After a few weeks of curing in jars, here are some pictures of my harvest from his plant and it's clone.
Appearing on a 12" dinner plate, two plates per plant.
The first two are the frostless wonder and the second two plates are it's clone.

Attachments

• harvest5.jpg
    harvest5.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 11
  • harvest4.jpg
    harvest4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 9
  • harvest3.jpg
    harvest3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
  • harvest2.jpg
    harvest2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 9

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Congrats Owl.... that is AWESOME for a first time indoors.

So how is the smoke?

BTW, frosty nugs does not allways = potent pot. It just means that there are a lot of thrichomes.

I have seen and harvested some Sativas that looked the same, with little obvious trichs, but the smoke blew me away.

Give those flowers a good long cure...if you can. The last bag you smoke will be the most potent.

BTW, why are you growing Sativa dominate strains? Is that what medicine works best for you?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Congrats Owl.... that is AWESOME for a first time indoors.

So how is the smoke?

BTW, frosty nugs does not allways = potent pot. It just means that there are a lot of thrichomes.

I have seen and harvested some Sativas that looked the same, with little obvious trichs, but the smoke blew me away.

Give those flowers a good long cure...if you can. The last bag you smoke will be the most potent.

BTW, why are you growing Sativa dominate strains? Is that what medicine works best for you?

Thanks, after about 2 weeks the taste still leave something to desire. There are hits that taste spicy/incense like and there are hits that taste green and a bit harsh.
The potency has increased almost daily. I usually take 3-4 hits and put out the joint.

Sativa's are not the best for my pain relief, it just happened that way.
I was gifted some seeds because the Lapis Mountain Indica I bought was all hermies.
I will have other Indica's growing alongside these long flowering Sativa's.
The Sativa's allow me to function during the daytime so, I wanted to have a little of each on hand.

In fact, I'm about to move two clones from the Mazar in to the flower room.
That way I'll have two Sativa's and three Indica's under the lights going forward towards the end of the year.

pipi taco

hey bud i just read most of this post solid effort dude,but i think i no your problem not a red light or not completly dark or nutes etc.just a throw back a runt,i had the same problem once with one of my plants of many all cut off the same mother, and this one grew mostly 1 finger leafs with the odd 3 fingerd leaf and the rest of its sisters resined hard and the ugly duckling had bigger buds and bugger all thc ,bloody odd but im pretty sure you got the one in a thousand booby prize im sure with your determanation your next grow will b devine

No, the little red light on the power strip will not affect your plant. The light must be brighter than a full moon to cause any damage. Plants must have dark, but no dark in nature is totally black, so low light will not affect them. However, any bright lights, even for a bried period, could affect plants, so be careful. You likley just have genetics that do not produce frosty buds, and I have seen them as well. Some of my plants develop buds but do not get frosty...all in the genes.

Latest posts

Latest posts