What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do the most popular varieties come from American breeders?

It's a kind of model of many ex colonial countries, nederlands one of them, which had the chance to bring in many seeds and consequently work on the selections..
yes but ironically the dutch colonies never produced high quality hemp wich still had its indian origin, for the dutch it was all bout spices and sugar, french and british went into china/india/middle east

I agree with most of what you say Koondense & maybe the sheep situation comment being the same in every country was not as accurate as it could be. It is certainly the same for most western countries though. The media is used in Europe & America in pretty much the same way. To sell things & steer the heard towards supporting the next war or some other horrendous train of thought. It’s also quite effective unfortunately.
what war is europe supporting? i dont watch much news

kushedy

None at the moment fortunately. That was just an example. Before we all decided to invade Iraq the media was doing its best to get the public on side. Yeah Saddam was a tosser but the bulk of the country did not want the British army involved. As such the media campaign was rolled out to change people’s view.
Same thing happened when we got involved in the bombing Syria. There were huge protest in this country about us getting involved but the media carried on portraying this image of the UK being united behind its decision to step in, when that was far from the case.

I doubt it will be log before there will be another conflict that our Government want to be involved in!

insomniac_AU

Well in Australia we usually just support whatever war the US is involved in like a lot of European countries.

picture.php

kushedy

Well in Australia we usually just support whatever war the US is involved in like a lot of European countries.

View Image

Yeah that’s how the UK used to behave. America heads in & we follow suite. It’s getting harder for our Government to get away with that though. The Iraq weapons of mass destruction debacle sort of put a kink in that. Doh

kushedy

Back on subject & possibly poking the sleeping bear……..maybe Europe can learn from America’s work into flavour & terp profile & maybe America can learn from Europe’s work on stabilization.

mr.brunch

Veteran
We in Europe ( if the uk still is in Europe, I forget... ) only really had the ability to grow proper weed from the late 70s onwards when they invented hid light, and it took a good few years for anyone to catch up.
USA has and has always had a big advantage in being able to grow most strains outdoor.

Now ship them good clones over here :tiphat:

kushedy

I thought it was the banks that contol who goes to war and the sheeple that believe it helps anything.

Maybe in a lot of countries. I don’t think so in the UK anymore. Could be wrong but most of them nearly collapsed not that long abo & had to be propped up by the tax payer.
If you want to go full illuminati though you could argue the federal reserve & various other well-known figures, ahem Rockefeller etc push the pieces around the chess board.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It is a war on all people. Some lose their life, some lose their loved ones, some lose freedom and some lose the ability to see we are one species tricked into opposing each other by less than 1% of the population.

Right, left, republican, democrat, straight, gay and whatever else people claim to be part of or against are all ways of keeping us as ignorant of the truth as possible. Most people hate half their own species because of a word.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
the European genetics is lack in terp profile,
and the plant structure is the same, bigbud colas,
high thc but not good flavor, only weed flavor generic

the white widow is the only good one balanced,
and for me wwidow is the best European because is original old school,
amnesia very high thc but not terp

the USA genetics have a lot of terp profile&high THC,
flavor, strawberry, cookies, glue, modern hybrid, etc

and this in concentrated times is prevalent,
and for end,
the PNW genetic and others arrives to Amsterdam for legal scene in the 80' so all most European genetics have American genes, critical, sshaze, hashplant g13, etc,

What is your definition for high terps?All American genes are landrace genes from Colombia, Mexico, Afghanistan, Jamaican,Nepal,India etc, but Cannabis is not indigenous in America.Everything was import during the 60-70s in the US.
Amnesia is oldskool incense btw.

REALPOTency

Veteran
im talk modern hybrid seedmakers,
is only my opinion personal for taste,
im buying, growing and test european seed from 2005,
i dont grow the clon only, sorry, i think the clon only amnesia have amazing flavor....
but i prefer the usa seedmaker for plant structures, yield, terp, i dont matter is from hermi or whatever,
but wait hermi? sensi, greenhouse, Dutch passion,
all around the world have hermi traits right now,
why some people dont like have different taste or opinions,

i dont like mix the weed with tobaco or anything
for taste colors. my friend

not landrace discutions you have 100% la. razon
peace

and alot of usa seedmaker are based in Europe right now,
so wherever flag people...

Last edited:

REALPOTency

Veteran
sorry is a personal opinion
different people
different taste,

I do not like it,
I do not say it's bad,
if you like good for you not problem,
blueberry Dutch passion and blueberry from dj short dont like too, but meybe for other people is amazing

the world is shitty right now for no sense and no respect difference in alot of terms,
a minimum tolerance...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think every person has there own personal standard. It is a mix of what is the best they have ever smoked and a combo of how many different growers and strains they have sampled and how inflated their ego is. Plus a bit of preference. Every clone grows different for each grower. Everybody pheno hunts different and pops a different seed.

Around here I have seen alot of people that were used to really crappy weed get a med card and assume their first round with a bag seed is the best strain on earth. And it probably is in their little world. Some people are world travelers and have been growing for 50 years. And know they might not have the best.

I keep hearing people say there is no good weed in colorado. I do not see how they managed to sample some of every growers product?

X

xavier7995

They just mean the stuff in the stores. There isnt really a good way for growers to get their product into the legal market.

MedResearcher

Veteran
A piece of the puzzle that maybe hasn't been brought up yet.

The US, for some odd reason sets many global trends. Madonna, TuPac, Lowrider culture, Hollywood, Marilyn Monroe, to many to list.

The US is a very young country. In a large part it is a huge melting pot, borrowing culture from all over the world and mixing it together. Then sending it back out into the world to become globally popular.

The lowrider culture is pretty interesting. It has become giant in parts of Asia. Why...? No idea, lol. Once a car is lowered, it typically doesn't perform very well.

Mr^^

Som 2

The US, and especially the legal states are a cornucopia of cannabis these days, and it is nice to have access to that, but for some reason I find that most of the strains that I really covet are sativas from the Spanish breeders. It seems like most of what is coming out of the west coast these days is hybrids that taste great but have a boring high.

Latest posts

Latest posts