What's new

Why do people get irritated when you ask what strain they're selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h^2 O

yeah it's like the opposite of rez's...it's from Soma...it actually smells like diesel fuel

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
This thread points out the fact that knowing strain names can be a security risk. My friends have all been told NOT to know what they are smoking.

Norrath

i once bought for a few years from a guy who carried different strains, but he didnt name them, he called them by their...pedigree.

i suppose he limited himself to carrying only 2 or 3 types at most. he referred to them as triple A, or double A..or cheapo, A. and prices varied - to this day im not sure why, maybe to keep the demand for certain strains high without naming them. I know where he got them, and it was usually pretty heaty. Let's just say the reason i stopped buying from folks like him(not bad people but people who got their cannabis from bad places) because i do not support gangs and TERRORISM!! YARR *rolls eyes

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
This thread points out the fact that knowing strain names can be a security risk. My friends have all been told NOT to know what they are smoking.

Maybe people knowing strain names could mean a security risk. No way you knowing what you are smoking could be a security risk for yourself. :2cents:

H

h^2 O

Maybe people knowing strain names could mean a security risk. No way you knowing what you are smoking could be a security risk for yourself. :2cents:
well they could be using like "precogs" from Minority Report...or the dad from Firestarter I guess...
agatha-precog-550x250.jpg

firestarter-horny.gif

3dDream

Veteran
No way you knowing what you are smoking could be a security risk for yourself.
LOL! I agree... sorta. Lets say you are at a party and people bust out their herbs. Since the vast majority have no clue what variety they are smoking the fact that you know what you have demonstrates a deeper knowledge than most. This will draw attention. That's my only point.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think that goes as "Others knowing that you know what you are smoking." not "you knowing what are you smoking". L:DL :wave:

G

gogoplata420

in southern california everybody thinks they know what their smoking prolly cuz the "pot cards"

VanXant

there are no strains, really. REALLY. Just polyhybrid seedlots of poor reliability.

I bet you "weed strain" guys cant even describe what a real "strain" even is....what qualifies your opinion if you cant even define what a strain is?

A strain is NOT: a seedling you grew, not a clone you were given, not a selfing of a plant, not a feminized cross, not a single cross of 2 unknowns, not a polyhybrid...and not something from a pack of seeds you bought. None of these are "strains". the name for these is 'unstabilized polyhybrid'.

Drug cannabis has NO STRAINS. only hackjobs(unstabilized polys) with names.

Most stoners are misusing the term "strain", putting undue validity on hackjobs with names and they dont even know it, or dont care. no wonder its all fucked up.

KnowBudz

That's fairly accurate. I'd add that, by and large, most sellers are clueless as to what they're peddling. There will always be a bunch of smokers who are impressed by a name. I have heard more than once of folks debating the THC contents of a given strain, as if numbers printed in a seed ad bear any resemblance to whatever lot they may have at hand.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Someone made up the names for all strains so why is it shocking that dealers do it as well lol.

I have asked and many have no clue and others tend to tell me whatever strain is "hot" right now even when you can tell that is NOT what it is.

I care about "price/quality" over brand name.

VanXant

idioja.

not.

Internet cannabis breeders do not know how, or do not have the facility,time and effort to make a drug cannabis "strain". So, they make unstabilized seeds with poor selections and even poorer breeding methods, and call them 'new strains'....

...and of course youre like totally swept up in the fact that youre over 18, youre seeing thousands of "strains" on the Internet, youre smoking domestic pot now, getting really baked and dumb, so you totally agree that a hack cross is a new strain.

like a rolling stone

3dDream

Veteran
VanXant - I've been trying to switch the word "variety" to describe plants. (see fail in post above) Are you ok with that one? I think Chimera had the same rant. BTW do you know that some could find your posts a bit unfriendly.

VanXant

a cross is not a 'variety' either, 3d. Neither is a plant. right?

Im not sure why its so important to some people to call a simple cross -which is nothing-, a variety or strain. ?? its calling a turd a sculpture.

Its nothing. An amateur cross doesnt produce a consistent genotype. It doesnt pass on consistent genotypes..its nothing like 'a strain'. So why call it something its definitely not?

Its genetic erosion to satisfy the whims of ignorant people.

.... destroying the potential of the gene pool is unfriendly, 3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.