What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Did Nirvana California Orange Change?

L

LolaGal

My seeds were dated June 07. Wonder which kind I have? Here's some clone pics to ponder over the leaf structure. I'm currently growing this one out. Will flip my Cali O Mom soon, so I'm interested in this thread. My first batch of Nirvana Cali O.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Nice root system. It looks more on the indica side, but I can't be sure.

I think whichever one it is, it will be very tasty and aromatic. Both versions get really crystally with trichomes, and you will be smoking it for the flavor alone. I know the Northern ladies in our neck of the woods enjoy it. :redface:

I did notice one characteristic of the sativa California Orange, and that was the double serrated leaves like the original Aeric's Cali-O. I remember being really surprised by that.

There was a silly red and black woodpecker on a telephone pole outside of our house. There might have been a bug in it that it was after.

H

Hal

Damn...I can't wait to pop my beans of Cali-O! Need to take the summer off due to the excessive heat that can hit the area...but I know what Ima gonna grow in the Fall.

L

LolaGal

Thanks Hansel! The Mom Cali O is in the background behind the clone...see it?

I had a power outage in January, and left Mom in the cold for 10 days with no heat or light. Knock on wood, no sign of hermie or damage really noted. Seems to be tough as nails. Clones are headed outdoors soon. They should be fine outdoors I assume.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor

This is Nirvana Cal. Orange Bud from 2004.

Very sativa. Sour Orange candy flavor and an uplifting buzz that would be outstanding for those with depression.

I wish I had some seeds or a mama of this one.

Your Cali-O will do fine outside LoLa Gal. It is a skunk variety and will almost take care of itself. Just keep the critters away.

dirkdaddy

Nirvana buy seeds from all over the place, they recently bought a kilo or two from reeferman, god knows what packs they will end up in. They call themselves a collective to cover the fact they will sell any old seeds they can get their hands on!

wtf is up with you and your bashing man? first, you go into a soma grow thread and claim soma buys all of his seeds from some dude in spain and now this? is that you want to talk about? sounds like someone works for the competition...

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Dirk, they sound like they are very disgruntled or jealous. I thought I recognized that person's negative posts in other topics. They used the same line over and over.

I usually don't get angry, but that person is just trying to cause trouble.

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Thanks for your report hansel! I kept away fron cali-o cause they say it was low potency, but your experience changed my mind:joint:! By the way... i love Nirvana strains, i grew with success very nice and powerful NL, White Rhino and KC33xMasterKush:2cents:!

L

LolaGal

Nirvana buy seeds from all over the place, they recently bought a kilo or two from reeferman, god knows what packs they will end up in. They call themselves a collective to cover the fact they will sell any old seeds they can get their hands on!

A kilo or two from Reeferman doesn't sound bad to me. Made me want to buy more Nirvana seeds!:nanana:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirvana has OK genes but all breeders will have some variation. Maybe he had a bad pheno it happens.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor

The smell and taste seem to be getting more intense.

I am thinking of sending some Bubblicious x California Orange seeds in to seedbay for freebies.

Hammerhead, you are correct. It is Mother Nature that we are dealing with. Nice doggy.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Bubblicious male:

California Orange female

Bubblicious x California Orange Bud
Seeds

I am sending some to Seedbay, so keep watching if you are interested in them. I think I would like to give them as freebies because they are untested, but are both excellent parents so you should get something nice, and I have germ tested them with 6 out of 7 germinating.

G

this is the version i made seeds from i need to grow some out and find a good female and a male to back cross.but i have had good results from nirvana. its just i bought these back in 02. and it was the first fruity strain i grew and my brother and i could not believe how wonderful the smell and high was like some one sayed it was like some good old 70s pot .but with the orange taste and smell. i think i have like 200 seeds .this is the only picture i have its the 3 plants around the big kalimist. you can see the plants gave off big yields.

3537DSC01852.JPG

the plants had big out reached fan leafs more sativa then indaca .

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Hey again Dan,

Really super looking plants you have there.

We are both fans of the Cali-O. I sure wish I had the sativa pheno and that should make an outstanding cross with the Bubblegum. The indica is very orangy too and nice buzz and I think people would enjoy it for the flavor, especially in a vaporizer. It literally coats the tongue with an orange flavor. It should go well with the Bubblicious, but I really do not know what to expect from this cross as I have never crossed two strains, only crossed the same strain until now.

Maybe you would be able to request some of mine if they get to seedbay safely, and I will get some of yours. Do you plan on auctioning them or freebies.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran

Here's a citrus male I found in Chimera's C-plus (cali-o x blueberry). I have read that the double-serrated leaves are a good sign.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor

Here's a citrus male I found in Chimera's C-plus (cali-o x blueberry). I have read that the double-serrated leaves are a good sign.

And, you have read correctly my friend. A trait of the original Cali-O, was double serrated leaves. I have had a Nirvana Cali-O with double serrations. Strangly enough, the RKS has them also.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you never know what you get with Nirvana.
Can be all Sativa, All indica/ all green,all purple every time you buy a new pack of seeds of the same strain.

You realy think Nirvana does selections?

Peace

I have never had a problem with Nirvana

O

Oxirous

Could be many things from different phenos to accidental cross pollination, but above all of them it just may not be the strain stated...

-O

Why did Nirvana California Orange Bud change from a really nice fast growing sativa, to what now looks like a pure indica with big fat leaves.

I liked the older version better. I will try to get some photos up.