What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Did Nirvana California Orange Change?

Chomp

I know how you feel LolaGal....I'm waiting on my first harvest in a loooong time...Bubblicious and Schnazzleberry#2 at day 42 in bloom....I sampled a small Schnazz#2 bud quick dried and it was so good I can't wait for it to finish....probably 2 - 3 weeks for the schanzz and at least 3 for the bubblicious so there's light at the end of the tunnel...lol

L

LolaGal

Those buds just keep gettin bigger. I had a horrible uncontrollable urge to pinch a bud yesterday. I fought the compulsion, but in the end had to squeeze a nug.... WOW, what an aroma!

scaramanga

Those buds just keep gettin bigger. I had a horrible uncontrollable urge to pinch a bud yesterday. I fought the compulsion, but in the end had to squeeze a nug.... WOW, what an aroma!

I have the same problem.

That girl looks like shes putting on some size.

L

LolaGal

Interesting Nirvana Cali O pheno here I got. She has a wierd almost spoiled, funky papaya orangey smell coming off her now! Hard to describe the smell. Much more potent now than it was.... Any idea what sorts of different phenos are in this strain?

L

LolaGal

Hey Hansel! (and other Cali O original strain fans)

Good news! Groady-Ho has revealed an old stash of 4 Nirvana Cali O sativa beans.... Just thought ya'll might want to know! Here's your chance to re breed the original seeds!

L

LolaGal

First smoke report on the Cali O:

Rooty tooty fruity orange. Smells like oranges, tastes like oranges on inhale and exhale. Suuper frosty, big fat nugs. Average nug size is 4 inches wide 8-12 inches long.

YUM yum...get U some......

Unfortunate circumstances led to week 7 cutting and this is a report from a toasted bud in the oven method.

Very strong. Very good for pain. Up buzz. But I sleep well with it too. No dreams.

D

deathtosoapbar

nirvanas california orange is a great strain good indica/sativa mix found it to be a lot better than dutch passions cali o , what is the genetics? thai/afghan? Or thai afghan x thai afghan? or not?

L

LolaGal

This is a highly under rated strain! I love it, everybody who smokes it loves it. A friend was toking it yesterday, took a hit, and said, "This tastes like oranges.!!!"

Here's a pic of a nug I'm smoking on.
picture.php

L

LolaGal

Thanks Killa, it were just one I pulled out of the jar. sorta small to average sized for the gal I bloomed.

I have clones of Cora, The Cali O Mom, she is so good that I will never let her go willingly. One day soon, I want to run a sea of green with this strain.

It is my opinion that extra vegging will not yield greater yields indoor with this strain. I supercropped mine, LSTd the tops, and although the tops did great, she did not have many bottom branches to speak of.

The clones are much bushier with this strain, and I feel putting them out to bloom after 30 days veg is sufficient to get the maximum amount of buds inside. Also, the clones tend to run prostrate to the ground, and are of a weeping nature that might be good for stealth. It is excellent for keeping lights low!

Outside may be another story, we will have to see. I put a couple clones outdoors to see if this will improve the yields.

Nirvana Cali Orange seems to be a fave with all. It clones super easily and tolerates cold well. I'm gonna give it 9 stars on my rate a weed scale.....

mr noodles

i cannot believe that nirvana dropped this strain ! and yes its gone from their recent catalog...

yes folks...no more cali orange bud from nirvana . this is a very dumb decision...

nirvana....go figure some logic....

im glad ...i picked a pack just fo that...these gene will be lost and its probably the best nirvana had to offer...now its a bunch of catchy name for very obscure pedigree....in fact they are not attractive at all