What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why cant I puff like I used to?

chomsky

Im 45 and was a heavy pot smoker from 13 or 14 years old till I was at least 35. Over the past 10 years I have smoked less and less and Im to the point now where a one hitter of good smoke sometimes gets me too high. I get anxious and all self reflective in kind of a negative way. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it sometimes, but I want to be able to sit and enjoy a Joint or a bong hit. What the hell happened to me? Does this happen to anyone else?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Perhaps you have to many negative vibe thoughts looming in your sub conscious and the herb just brings them to the fore front.

chomsky

What weed are you smoking?

Good question and that actually makes a little difference. I'm getting ready to harvest a liberty haze. Not sure how that'll be? I also grow DNA Lemon Skunk. That is a pretty up positive strain. Any suggestions?

St. Phatty

When I was younger I often smoked a whole joint.

Now I take one hit off a water pipe, hold it in for a while, and wait before taking another puff.

I could smoke more but I don't like the feeling of being like a human chimney - too much smoke.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
AGE as Aridbud says. pot is better than in our long-lost youth too. i kind of like being able to get ripped on a couple of one hits instead of smoking a couple of logs. not that i wouldn't LIKE to smoke a log or too...:biggrin:

lawlrus

I understand what you mean. I find that exercising regularly and making sure to limit my smoking to the end of the day after all of my work is done negates the anxiety and makes it far more enjoyable. However, when all is said and done, I really do enjoy smoking pot less now than I did a decade ago, and there's always the possibility that you just "grew out of it" and pot isn't for you anymore. There's nothing wrong with that and a lot of people are better off with severely limiting or quitting outright.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just smoke less potent weed. Blueberry is a good option, because the high is almost entirely in the body... No introspection or self reflection... Just a nice body high.

Easy7

Veteran
Maybe you just have more on your mind?

I suggest going camping with some herb. A nice time in nature helps balance the mind.

chomsky

Maybe you just have more on your mind?

I suggest going camping with some herb. A nice time in nature helps balance the mind.
Definitely, there are times I enjoy more than others. Camping is a perfect example of that. I also like the idea if finding high CBD and lower TCH weed... I have back and hip issues too. That'll probably help. Edibles seem to be less intense in the head too...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with HITH. While not as potent as psychedelics, any bad trip I've had can be traced back to an unresolved issue, and I note the same with cannabis.

As you age, getting blottered becomes less attractive. How many people over 30 even use a bong? Dabbing a 1/2 ounce of weed reduced to a pinhead appeals to the twenty something's for the most part.

And then there's prematurely grumpy old men like myself, still in their twenties, that look around and shake their heads. I routinely remove people from IG if all they post are gram sized dabs or giant bong rips.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I agree with HITH and Mike2. I can get a little paranoid, anxious at times. For me I noticed it is mostly early harvest herb that gets me. You will def get that feeling from the Haze. I would recommend going some indica. Blueberry that I am familiar with is potent and a head trip. If going that route I would find an indica expression of the strain.

Sounds like you should grow some Sweet Tooth! Happy giggle weed of the indica variety but not couch locky.

Vibes

b8man

Veteran
I find that if you add just a smidgen of CBD weed to your regular recreational weed that it avoids the anxiety and lets you enjoy it more (and allows you to smoke more). But also agree that early harvested weed can be very tweaky - avoid.

Throw a feminized CBD seed in your next grow and give it a go. Takes a bit of experimenting to find a mix that's just right.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AGE as Aridbud says. pot is better than in our long-lost youth too. i kind of like being able to get ripped on a couple of one hits instead of smoking a couple of logs. not that i wouldn't LIKE to smoke a log or too...:biggrin:

Definitely!! Better on your lungs, too.

S

strandloper

Ive been using a vape pen that last few weeks exclusively .

feel so much healthier, that it makes me never want to smoke again.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been using a vape pen that last few weeks exclusively .

feel so much healthier, that it makes me never want to smoke again.

Some, more and more folks are vaping. Back in the day, I loved joints, passing around or with Saturday morning coffee. However, what I grow is stronger than what was bought/grown years ago.

Now more into edibles and tinctures, or raw leaf/bud juicing. Don't need to be high/stoned like back in the day.

Haven't tried vape pens...just seen with e-cigarettes...the flavors/essential oils are not good in long run for lung function.

The few vapes I've bought or tried, I've not found one that suits my criteria.

Latest posts

Latest posts