What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why cant I puff like I used to?

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
I completely relate to this post. I started down that road in my mid to late 30's. I was hiking the Appalachian Trail well over 10 years ago I had a similar experience. I was receiving schwag and [not so] sexy mexy in supply drops from my peeps and I found it zapped my enthusiasm and energy so I threw it in the woods somewhere along the southern border of Virginia and vowed never again would I touch anything but kind or else go without.

...then along came this long haired scraggly bearded freak from New Jersey, just ditty bopping with a purpose headed to Maine. Full steam. We stayed at a well known super chill hostel near Dragon's Tooth and McAfees Knob. That evening he shared some of his stash with me. I believe it was the GWS. I torqued down on it and within 15 minutes I had to go outside and lay in the grass [early spring]. Panic, anxiety, dick in the dirt. Bad.

I realized I was 1.) Slightly to moderately dehydrated and 2.) I had major muscle tension and the toke of the shark amplified the symptoms. I crushed a couple of nalgenes of water as I started to stretch [some folks call it Yoga, I call it stretching]

Like magic I slowly started to feel great [the shark/water/stretching] and I did that for nearly a half hour. I am not saying this is the magic bullet, just what works for me.

I have recommended this to others who get a panic attacks/ anxiety while burning and it works every time whether psychosomatic or true results.

....anyhoo he was connecting up the trail [an order coming in from a student at Jerry Falwells Liberty University lol] and he would be glad to order me some as well and leave it at a predetermined spot some 20 miles up the trail. I forked over the dough and and he was off like a shot. [he finished the trail start to finish in around 90 days].

When I got to the drop spot on the trail near one of the AT shelters I found my stash of Fire and by properly hydrating and stretching I was golden.

Still works today.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

chomsky

New experiment. Im still growing great buds and loving it however, Im still only taking a small puff like once or twice a month. I have pain issues all over so I really want to be able to smoke and enjoy it not only in my body but in my fucked up head as well. I just invested in some real medicinal seeds from CBD Crew. They claim 12%CBD and 14% TCH. Im hoping the lower THC content will allow me to smoke more regularly and enjoy being high again. We shall see???

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
if youre getting too high, stop smoking haze.. if you're gonna insist on smoking strains that get most people too high, make sure you let them over ripen slightly (15-20% amber) for some brain protecting CBD :D

personally I have the opposite problem... why can't I get high like I used to?

EDIT: my apologies, I commented before I read your most recent post... yes bro, I believe you are on the right track now ... that CBD is hugely important for some people ;)

R

Rubber Chicken

I think because Cannabis is generally an introspective type of herb/drug, Maybe you are just getting naturally more introspective as you get older as well and you don't need as much of the drug anymore to feel content, and it just makes you uncomfortably TOO introspective to relax and enjoy other things in life.

That's what i feel like happened to me a bit.

chomsky

I think because Cannabis is generally an introspective type of herb/drug, Maybe you are just getting naturally more introspective as you get older as well and you don't need as much of the drug anymore to feel content, and it just makes you uncomfortably TOO introspective to relax and enjoy other things in life.

That's what i feel like happened to me a bit.

EXACTLY!!!

St. Phatty

When I was younger I would smoke 2 or 3 grams a day, of high quality NorCal descended bud with a little Seed Bank (Haze x NL) thrown in.

Now I take one hit off a joint and wait an hour before taking another hit.

When I smoke more I feel like a human chimney.

I tell my friends I'm a lightweight and if they're smoking I just ask for a glass of water and ask them to exhale in my general direction if they're smoking cannabis.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ur a pussy that's why lol...yeehaw ..only kiddin,,, maybe try a diff kind of weed man..i am even older than you and have zero issues..

chomsky

ur a pussy that's why lol...yeehaw ..only kiddin,,, maybe try a diff kind of weed man..i am even older than you and have zero issues..

No No No need to justify your comment Trout. Im the first to admit Ive turned into a little whiny pussy... I have no idea WTF.... Although you are right on the other hand about strains too. Im gettin ready to grow some CBD Crew Skunk Haze its supposed to get around 12%CBD and 12% THC instead of that 20+% shit I grow... Hopefully, I ll love it. Also someone messaged me and suggested a strain called Santa Maria. Well, I managed to find it and am planning to order some seeds and see how that goes too... I got nuthin but time man. Might as well use it growing and experimanting....

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will second the hydrate thing. I drink some water at work when I start feeling stressed and it seems to work for that too. Soda works for a lot of people, the sugar does something along with the hydration. Yoga is not something I have tried but you never know?

Over in the smoke report section, I have a smoke report on Strawberry Blue you might want to look at. Hard to freak out on that and not a lot of the 'draggin your ass' indica effect, which is nice for older people with limited energy anyways.

With any strain that has some sativa in it, I let it go a little longer. I did that with the SB and waited on the amber trichs that never arrived. Some strains will not produce ambers so you go on the leaves dying off.

Latest posts

Latest posts