What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's up for a Kiddie Pool Contest ?

Who's up for a Kiddie Pool Contest ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mikenite69

Veteran
Now AD is that setup you have considered flood to waste? Also I like your idea of keeping things simple with the jacks hydro cheap and effective and has every plant nutrient available. I use to do the same thing with great results but I used peters 20-20-20 and peters blossom boost think it was 10-50-10 if I am not mistaken loved that method cheap simple never had any deficiencys but I cant find that shit anymore. I think after this run and I use up some of these synthetics I am going with the k.i.s.s method can't get more simple than that. Then who knows maybe I'll toss my air cooled hood next and go vert. How much difference do u notice your yields going vert.

Alien_Dawg

The pool on the left(Pool 1) had a Turface (calcined clay) & perlite mix.
Pool #2 had a coco & perlite mix...

Here you can see the pulse manifold I used...
Basically 3 rings connected to one line with holes every 3"-4"

Here you can get an Idea of the root system that formed....

Alien_Dawg

Now AD is that setup you have considered flood to waste?

Sup Mike....
The ppk is a top fed wicking recirculating hydro system.

Also I like your idea of keeping things simple with the jacks hydro cheap and effective and has every plant nutrient available.
Got to love it...

I use to do the same thing with great results but I used peters 20-20-20 and peters blossom boost think it was 10-50-10 if I am not mistaken loved that method cheap simple never had any deficiencys but I cant find that shit anymore.

The best place to find Jacks is at Jacks...

Jacks Hydro link

I think after this run and I use up some of these synthetics I am going with the k.i.s.s method can't get more simple than that.

Simple is better.... Till it's not.... Then again... Difficult becomes simple once learned... Stoner thoughts.... :biggrin:

Then who knows maybe I'll toss my air cooled hood next and go vert.

They make for killer target practice at the gun range...
:woohoo:

How much difference do u notice your yields going vert.

Ive only been at this a couple years and most of what ive done is in vert so I couldn't really say....

I will say this... I don't think ~I~ would be pulling 2lbs + seeds growing multiple strains with 2 600 w bulbs any other way than vert...

Edit... Though I must say... Kong had a lot to do with my pull this run...

Mikenite69

Veteran
That is pretty good yield that's what a little more than 3/4 of a gram per watt. Not bad I see tons of people that rave about vert never really tried it. Although I did kinda grow vert a few times unknowingly back in the day now that I think about it I used to have 2 1k verticle bulb mount parabolic reflectors. So I guess I can kinda say I grew vert. Lmao

Alien_Dawg

That is pretty good yield that's what a little more than 3/4 of a gram per watt. Not bad I see tons of people that rave about vert never really tried it.

That's kinda what this contest is about..

If I can do it....

Trust me...

You can too...

Vert or Horizontal
I want to see someone who really knows their shit to just blow it up and take Kiddie pools to another level....

Everything has it's place though... Kinda hard to do a killer flat SCROG using vert bulbs...lol

I really want to run a full KP SCROG...

I have the veg time and Feminized seeds.... Just not sure my single 300W LED would be enough to cover 45" canopy...

Although I did kinda grow vert a few times unknowingly back in the day now that I think about it I used to have 2 1k verticle bulb mount parabolic reflectors. So I guess I can kinda say I grew vert. Lmao

:laughing: Kinda....

I

im me

Well my construction is coming along i finally finished painting the walls it took 7 gallons to do! I had no idea how thick waterproofing paint for basements is its like softserve ice cream. Now all i have to do is the floor and build the framework im putting around the pool for lighting & ventilation. And i also just got a big dehumidifier to ensure mold dont get me. Im starting to think i bit off more than i can chew, but i started so im gonna finish.

O

otis33

I am having the electric done on a third spot this month, im mapping out how I will build my kiddie pool right now

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well my construction is coming along i finally finished painting the walls it took 7 gallons to do! I had no idea how thick waterproofing paint for basements is its like softserve ice cream. Now all i have to do is the floor and build the framework im putting around the pool for lighting & ventilation. And i also just got a big dehumidifier to ensure mold dont get me. Im starting to think i bit off more than i can chew, but i started so im gonna finish.

Well on ya way to a kick ass grow room.... Nice!!!
Soft serve paint... Thats a funny mental picture... Ewww....

Built in pool spot... Solid....

It can feel a little over whelming when your in the middle of it...
I just smoke 2 joints then I smoke 2 more and move forward....:biggrin:

Wait...What...?...:tongue:

You can do it......:groupwave:

I

im me

I just went down to snap this pic and can see grey cinderblock through the paint so im gonna hit it with another coat.what i like best is the pic is where the pool is going the rest of the room is gonna be my man cave! So i need to make sure the walls.and floor are properly sealed it'll all be worth it when its done.
picture.php

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am having the electric done on a third spot this month, im mapping out how I will build my kiddie pool right now

:friends:

I just picked up my 4th and last KP needed....

Im going to turn one into a big ass smart pot... :biggrin:

Same Idea of what I did to the Yogi cup... Only much bigger....

This should help keep the roots growing by air pruning them and perhaps increase the plants growth....

Looks like im running Dj short F13 f2s by Green Path in pool 1 and my Feminized GSC with Girl scout thunder fuck,in pool 2...:blowbubbles:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just went down to snap this pic and can see grey cinderblock through the paint so im gonna hit it with another coat.what i like best is the pic is where the pool is going the rest of the room is gonna be my man cave! So i need to make sure the walls.and floor are properly sealed it'll all be worth it when its done.View Image

Pics or it never happened...lol

Thats a great looking space bro...

So it's taking 2 or 3 coats to water proof ? I was thinking I might door the floor of my Veg closet....

I

im me

Pics or it never happened...lol

Thats a great looking space bro...

So it's taking 2 or 3 coats to water proof ? I was thinking I might door the floor of my Veg closet....

Yeah i think one more should do its already had two coats. The floor is gonna need a shitload. that pic is just where the grow is gonna go the rest of the room is 21.7 feet long 14.5 feet wide and 9 feet high ceilings i was also thinking when i get more cash to seal the grow area behind a cinder block wall with some kind of garage.door opening device to swing the wall open wide enough for me to get in but i dont think i could pull it off a wall of cinderblock is probally super heavy.

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i think one more should do its already had two coats. The floor is gonna need a shitload. that pic is just where the grow is gonna go the rest of the room is 21.7 feet long 14.5 feet wide and 9 feet high ceilings i was also thinking when i get more cash to seal the grow area behind a cinder block wall with some kind of garage.door opening device to swing the wall open wide enough for me to get in but i dont think i could pull it off a wall of cinderblock is probally super heavy.

I would pay to see a cinder block wall move like a garage door....

Up and down... Up and down... Wheee.... I would think a bunker or safe door hinge would work... Try Ebay... lol

Wouldn't that e funny if one were there... haha Loves me some Ebay action...

I really need me some more grow space... I could be doing a lot more if I could just get the girlfriend to listen to logic.... :biggrin:

She dont smoke much though.... Booo....

I

im me

I would pay to see a cinder block wall move like a garage door....

Up and down... Up and down... Wheee.... I would think a bunker or safe door hinge would work... Try Ebay... lol

Wouldn't that e funny if one were there... haha Loves me some Ebay action...

I really need me some more grow space... I could be doing a lot more if I could just get the girlfriend to listen to logic.... :biggrin:

She dont smoke much though.... Booo....

i was thinking it would open and close like a.normal door and just using the garage door motor to swing it open because of how heavy it would be. And i can relate my girl just thinks its gonna be a man cave i kinda failed to fill her in on me making another grow space.:tumbleweed:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Kiddie pool 1st run hindsight....

These blue tote worked perfect as lower reservoirs giving
the pools enough surface to sit on and not cave in or dis-form...

There is a crush factor that needs to be taken into account though...

I dont think the totes would make it through another run without issue.

A frame of some sort for the pool to rest on would be wise...

You could either simply place a small PVC frame inside each of the
4 tote in order to support the weight of the pool or build a frame
for the pool to sit on and place the tote under it...

If you went with a frame you could use either
3.5 or 5 gallon buckets rather than totes...

My 1st pool
simply had holes cut for the wicks and once I started
to fill the pool it became obvious that this was allowing
medium to fall into the lower totes....

Cutting up fabric pots into patches and gluing these
onto the pool I cut a x and pushed the wicks through...

This worked great...
Pool 2 had much less medium
in the lowers using these patches...

No pot VS Air pots VS Smart pot in the pools...

Smart pots

seemed to limited the root growth to within
the pot and therefore saw no improvement
due to being in a pool...

Air pots

Did better than smarts in the they allowed the
root under the the surface to grow
into the medium and these ladies did quite well...

No pot

Straight into the medium did by far the best...
The trunks were noticeably thicker and the growth
was more what I was hoping to see...

Mediums...

Coco/perlite

This mix did a good job with pulse feeding and most likely
would have done better with less than what I did...

Perhaps once a day or even every 2 days
as the wicks kept the medium wet through out the grow....

I could see not even watering the pools and instead
raise and lower the PWT in order to soak and dry the pools....

At least in Veg but possibly even flowering...

This would be a hard mix to flood pulse though...

The perlite would separate and float to the top.
leaving the pure coco at the bottom and over saturated
without proper draining due to the wicks quickly clogging with coco...

I dont think the roots would want to grow into this space either.

Hand fed of pulse fed would be the way to play....

Calcined clay with perlite...

This worked great with pulse feeding and I think is the best
combo if using hand feedings or pulse .

Once you get into flooding the pools though the perlite
is no longer useful and will simply float to the surface..

Roots...

The root system in pool 1 using the CC was the clear winner.
This could be due to either the medium or the fact
that I had some plants directly into the medium....
Either way this pool had a great root system
going on the bottom of the pool...

Wicks had more roots in pool one as well...
But then again...
Pool 2 had ladies stuck into pots
so I cant really say the coco/perlite
would not have done a great job as well...

Just some things I ponder... :ying:

Last edited:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I get the feeling we have some awesome builds coming...

Party starts in 8 days... :woohoo:

Just add some air stones and let the roots grow into the pool....
Some type of lid to block the lite...

Bet this would do great....

(Nothing to do with the picture)
Im looking into adding a layer of 5 gallon buckets
so I can go 2 levels and get some more in ladies per pool...

Lots of little upgrades going on here....:beat-dead

I

im me

Eight days huh? I better kick into high gear and get this construction done
:beat-dead

I

im me

Just finished the framework i just might make the deadline. Now im gonna smoke up and watch hangover3.

Latest posts

Latest posts