What's new

Whos got the best Afghan?

TPFTFW

Veteran
That was meant for ocean grown fwiw

But I'll post updates of my selections I just popped of xmas as well as my 86 skunk x 79 xmas affie (burnt DMT pheno)

I'm expecting roadkill or at least something weird. I have never seen something with so much F1 vigor. tails are popping out of seeds the size of straws damn near.

the skunkdog x OGKB x apple strudel is dumb

Hi guys

Anyone know more about Afghan Kush Special and Pakistan Valley strains from World of Seeds bank? Im very tempted to grow this ones as an indica lover. They also have a landrace strain of indica from Morocco, its called Ketama.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Teaching adjunct this summer, I became a mentor with a student from the Kabul area, migrating to the USA and going to school, earning his Bachelor's. He gifted me some of his area (in Quli Khish, Afghanistan) seeds, yet, I have nothing to compare it to of recent grows. Pretty decent, yet don't have a measuring stick.

Question: With everyone breeding Afghan genetics, what is good or how do you calibrate of what's good? Have grown Mazar years ago...I believe this is better- stocky and short, relaxing and quite stoney.

thejact55

Question: With everyone breeding Afghan genetics, what is good or how do you calibrate of what's good? Have grown Mazar years ago...I believe this is better- stocky and short, relaxing and quite stoney.[/QUOTE]

Im a different duck. I dont measure "good" by thc content, the most stoney high or bag appeal.
To me, is the plant aestetically beautiful or unique? Are the aromas nice or unique? Does the plant represent the geographical area it came from? Is it authentic?
For me personally, if i had a awesome experience in another country and came back with seeds, it wouldnt need to stack up with anything comparitively. The seeds would represent my adventure, and therefore be better than other seeds that i could buy online.
Like i said, im a different duck...but my 2 cents.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I measure "good" by effect and duration. It is priority #1. Growth habits, terps, potency, and all that other stuff is secondary. (Not to say they're not important and considered).

:)

arid,

Tell us more? What are your plans for those genes? Any pics for measuring sticks? :tiphat:

:lurk:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys

Anyone know more about Afghan Kush Special and Pakistan Valley strains from World of Seeds bank? Im very tempted to grow this ones as an indica lover. They also have a landrace strain of indica from Morocco, its called Ketama.

I grew the Afghan and Pakistan. Regular Afghan that is. Both nice. The Pakistan was a bit wild and raw with the phenos. The Afghan was more of a worked line as I remember.

@yesum, thanks for the reply. How did you liked them smoke wise? Body stone, couch lock? I have problems with sleeping and im an agitated person so i like something to really put me down in the evening.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, they were typical indica. Not too sedating, somewhere in between I guess. Nice highs from both. I am growing sativa for now so not gonna do anything with them for a while. I think I still have a few pakistani seeds somewhere.

I smoked Colombian Gold '72 mixed with Michoacan last night. I was falling asleep after a half hour or so. I think it is a myth that you can not sleep on sativa, or at least some of them.

Yeah, i slept on sativa dominant strains too but an indica is gold for me. I had a White Rhino that could put me down very easily, its so enjoyable to take some hits and just to sit and relax then to be able to sleep like a baby.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Yeah, i slept on sativa dominant strains too but an indica is gold for me. I had a White Rhino that could put me down very easily, its so enjoyable to take some hits and just to sit and relax then to be able to sleep like a baby.

Hi HM,

Gold for me too.

I appreciate what you’re saying, I too have been put down by NLD vars. But only WLDs have done it so that it lasts. Longevity is important.

If you like WR, VG has a WR x Pre-98 offering. I grew WR years ago, and was very pleased. Will soon be popping VG’s.

No, it’s not landrace; but when you look at the pedigree of Dr. Atomic’s Atomic Shiva, and recognize how little SK #1 is in there - and that even #1 has the Ghan in it - you can see how easy it would be to select away from, in that line. I don’t see #1 in this AS that’s ready for flower:

picture.php

Bought MJP’s Tahoe OG x Afghani (F3s) because it’s supposedly a knockout artist; and fathered by a pre-Soviet Ghan. Little familiarity with OGs. Looking for Ghan. Which isn’t so much what I see here, but they’re looking pretty good nonetheles:

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m interested in how those turn out for a Shmavis. Other than what I’ve grown, I’ve not seen any others. The few I’ve experienced were indeed knockouts, for me. I do prefer more NLD/hybrid varieties so that may play into my KO as well.
They look gorgeous!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks MJP.

I hope it does the trick for me, but fully understand what knocks one person out doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll do it for another. Time will tell. From what I read, TOG is an ass kicker on its own.

For F3s they have shown respectable vigor. I took a cut of each at the same time I took a lot of other cuts from other plants. Both TOG x Ghan busted roots before anything else. I ended up pitching them though because of needing space for other projects - and I still have ten beans, so if it’s a standout I have those to look through. Or maybe I’ll find something worth revegging.

Did you not preserve the line the pollen donor came from?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received the Tahoe x Affie as F1 seeds.

I’m not sure what the original breeder did as I’ve been out of touch w that crew for a few years now.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks for the info.

#2, on the left, has a better Ghan presence than her sister, I think. (This pic has better lighting.) They are just starting to knot up. Day 13 from flip. The close-up is #2.

I will, “free your budshots”, in that thread, when the time comes. (So as not to pollute here.)

I’m feeling pretty good about the way they’re shaping up. :tiphat:

picture.php
picture.php

igrowone

Veteran
just a small experience with some of the old mazar freebies, which sure aren't going to be called the best
however, the longer the cure, the better it seems to get
i've seen that posted from time to time on afghan
of course i've seen that posted about some sativas

herbgreen

Veteran
The old Afghan that I have experienced was a very leafy, very dark green, and if you cut it with a scissors it left a black hash on your scissors like pipe resin

And this was the Knock out ...Its like wake up and wonder how you even got to bed

It was resin filled and did not burn in a paper...you need a pipe