What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

therevverend

Veteran
It's been a couple weeks so I got some new pictures of the Pot of Gold Hashplant. She's producing tons of resin, very sweet not skunky. She's growing huge leafy colas as the smaller flowers merge together. The top is getting huge.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So far no mold but a little mildew. I hope she finishes soon there's only another week or so of good weather. It's going to be close.

wasgedn

i had some sensi afg1 weed from a guy which was grown this year...i think he growed just one plant of it...
it was exactly smelling,tasting and kicking like bubblegum from rqs which i have grown on one of my first grows...
medium potent...bit over medium yield
so i thouht to myself is bubblegum a affie pheno?

i would try the hp not the maple leaf from sensi but way to high price for gamble...

medicann afg 76 is on my list ....

therevverend

Veteran
The old Indiana Bubblegum was probably an Affie or at least mostly Indica. The versions of it I've seen lately have become hopelessly hybridized to the point that it's indistinguishable from all the other modern hybrids. Don't know if Serious Seeds still has the original.
All my hashplants are down, very happy with how they turned out. The Old School Hashplant was the real thing, same hashplant I grew in the 90s. Has typical Hindu Kush type growth pattern, low calyx to leaf ratio, and acrid smell. Pics of the later pheno.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74258&pictureid=1790367\
picture.php

I have my copy of Marijuana Botany in front of me and Robert Connell Clarke's drawing of Hindu Kush Cannabis floral clusters looks very similar to the above picture. What hybrid sativa influences there are in this plant appear to be minimal. Very sticky resin, the glands are smaller and shorter compared to other strains. Very easy to sift.
I'm biased because it was one of my favorite highs from my youth, the way 70s smokers feel about the old sativas. And I have a low tolerance right now. When I smoked some of this new stuff it was potent to the point of almost being overstimulated and anxious from the body high. But it's got a mellow kick that detaches the brain from the body. Good medical strain.
Pot of Gold Hashplant was a monster. Here's a photo of a top cola.

picture.php

Huge. When I was harvesting the other plants I was annoyed by some general stickiness but nothing too bad. With PoG Hashplant my hands felt like they were covered in glue. They started to turn black and I'm very very careful when handling fresh material. Hardly touched it and I was gooped up. Had to use rubbing alcohol and paper towels to get it off, soap and water didn't touch it. While pissing I almost tore out a couple pubes.

picture.php

picture.php

I got some tragic news, the original breeder lost his house, his crop, and his entire seed collection in the California fires. So I may be the only one left with seeds of this cultivar. I had an 8 foot tall male with the widest leaves I've ever seen in a cannabis plant. I didn't want to mess with digging it up and moving it to preserve pollen and I was busy with other males. Now I wish I had. Have a few seeds I made from other males but a hybrid isn't the same.
Next year I'll do a seed batch hopefully helping to preserve this heirloom strain. I don't have many seeds left but hopefully it's enough. A good lesson to remember, can't always count on breeders to maintain the special cannabis lines out there.

Last edited:

wasgedn

thx rev for the great posts....
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vintage PNW Hashplant x (88g13 x Hashplant)...fck yeah
[/FONT]

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Looks like a great Hindu line with potential, hope you will be able to preserve it next year for sure, would be sad if this one is lost. That's heavy weight on your shoulders now haha. How many seeds do you have left for repro? I'm sending you many good vibes for the future preservation !

PS: Your description of the oldschool hasplant sounds really great, glad I grabed two packs of this line when the seeds droped last year, it's the underdog, people are still sleeping on it.

:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
The seeds are buried in my seed stash, I'm afraid to check. I'm hoping over 20 but could be as few as 10. My plan is to grow as many as possible, select the best males and females and cross them together. Then give half the seeds back to the original breeder. I'd like to get between 100-1000 seeds depending on how it goes. It's rough with plant counts, limited space, and the other strains I want to grow but 8-12 seems like a good count. They're huge plants which is a problem but the kind of problem I like.
This stuff is potent. Knockout night time Indica. So tasty it's been a long time since I've had a real Afghan almost forgot what it was like. Stayed up late with the music cranked up, letting the psychedelic thoughts float around until I remembered to go to bed.
The Old School Hashplant is more of the same, powerful wide leaf Hindu Kush. Not as potent as the Pot of Gold Hashplant but strong enough. Super dense rock hard. Skunky rich and nutty. Relaxing and laid back high. I harvested it over a week and a half because of powdery mildew issues. Glad I did, I always did it that way in the past when I grew it. The first nugs taken are psychedelic day time smoke, the later harvested stuff develops the Indica punch. Real Afghans are difficult to find everything's so hybridized. Maybe I'll post a couple dried finished pictures if I can take a couple good ones.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The old Indiana Bubblegum was probably an Affie or at least mostly Indica. The versions of it I've seen lately have become hopelessly hybridized to the point that it's indistinguishable from all the other modern hybrids. Don't know if Serious Seeds still has the original...///...

I spotted a Bubblegum recreation thread in the Serious forum that made me wonder..

MoscaNegra has it I believe, made some very nice crosses with it. I have not seen him here of late, but he is around and doing new things

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job bro ! Are these Lashkar from a recent grow or an older one?

Those are pics from an older grow close to 2 years back. I grew out the rest of my beans over the summer I only got 2 to grow and they were both females I didn't take any pics though I ended up with powdery mildew in the grow room and dropped them outside however the Lashkar never showed any signs of powdery mildew and I ended up crossing lapis mtn indica to them. I still have them outside going to attempt keeping them alive through the winter so I can try to reveg them to do a bx next summer. :dance013:

Last edited:
Bagseed Afghani From Old Seeds

Bagseed Afghani From Old Seeds

picture.php

These seeds were gifted to me from friend who recovered them from a album jacket. Seeds came to Norcal from NY city.

picture.php

These plants are f2s. The original plants looked more sativa but the flowers were something different. The f2 was more wide leafed and Afghan dominant.

picture.php

Plants smelled hashy and acrid out of 6 females 2 smelled skunk y especially when pinched.

picture.php

Happy Halloweed

picture.php

rmkking

I got some freebie Peshawar Afghan from greenhouse seeds. Supposed to be a 13 week strain. Anyone has experience with these? Popped 2 seeds and they were both male's. Saved some pollen for some future crosses with a G13 haze. And maybe a couple indica crosses for shits and gigs

oldbootz

Veteran
I was gifted some Mazar-i-sharif seeds around 2008. One plant from there was kept as it was VERY VERY special. I will always remember that plant. Gave off a sweet burnt rubber hash smell and taste.

It would knock anyone out who smoked it. If you were at a friends place you would try go home and end up sleeping in the car or on the couch.

I gave my friend a cut and he said he had to get rid of it because he did not leave his couch except to go to the toilet or get food ... for three weeks until the stash was finished.

Some brownies were made from some stash and made people freak out. Fainting, white face, terror, unable to coordinate motor functions. One of the people got taken to hospital. Another person quit cannabis for life.

For me I have high tolerance and it used to get me really really stoned to the bone and then sleep.

EDIT: I found some crappy pics of the cut i was talking about
maz21.JPG

maz11.JPG

maz2.JPG

maz1.JPG

mazaryellow.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts