What's new

Whos got the best Afghan?

need4weed

Veteran
Todd sold Heime's "Road Kill Skunk", that didn't smell like skunk. Seeds that Todd himself said were less acrid and aromatic than the Skunk #1 via Mel, from 96'.

That is the definition of selling fake seeds, no matter how it is justified.
I've not read good things about his skunk, mediocre at best. Tbh it's hard to find much info on his lines other than what Todd says

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info guys! The way Tom Hill talked in his interview on The Potcast, he thought Northern lights was alright, but not anything really special in his opinion.

Maybe he didn't try flower from some of the best individuals. Its a moving target he says trying to preserve the best plants in a cultivar.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Todd sold Heime's "Road Kill Skunk", that didn't smell like skunk. Seeds that Todd himself said were less acrid and aromatic than the Skunk #1 via Mel, from 96'.

That is the definition of selling fake seeds, no matter how it is justified.
He told me the opposite.. He said his SK#1 seeds were selected for more acrid archetypes. Sam made his sk#1 for fewer Acrid archetypes. The same old he said she said BS lmao.. It doesn't matter whos seeds have Skunk in their name.. I've grown so many I've lost count.. None have anything like 1980 skunk did.. I have some of Todds sk#1 and PI in veg.. I'm not one to sugarcoat anything. As always, I will report what I find.

Last edited:

Plookerkingjon

Afghan x kush/pride of Afghanistan
197712-kosher-time-005-cleaned.JPG
197710-kosher-time-004-cleaned.JPG
197711-kosher-time-007-cleaned.JPG
IMG_20220913_090547_634.jpg

need4weed

Veteran
I was gifted some Mazar-i-sharif seeds around 2008. One plant from there was kept as it was VERY VERY special. I will always remember that plant. Gave off a sweet burnt rubber hash smell and taste.

It would knock anyone out who smoked it. If you were at a friends place you would try go home and end up sleeping in the car or on the couch.

I gave my friend a cut and he said he had to get rid of it because he did not leave his couch except to go to the toilet or get food ... for three weeks until the stash was finished.

Some brownies were made from some stash and made people freak out. Fainting, white face, terror, unable to coordinate motor functions. One of the people got taken to hospital. Another person quit cannabis for life.

For me I have high tolerance and it used to get me really really stoned to the bone and then sleep.

EDIT: I found some crappy pics of the cut i was talking about
maz21.JPG

maz11.JPG

maz2.JPG

maz1.JPG

mazaryellow.jpg
I love hearing stories like this, had similar experiences myself many years ago

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Description​

1979 Xmas Bud IBL
Open pollinated reproduction of the pure ’79 Xmas Bud from the east coast. A pure Indica style plant that grows like a Christmas Tree and smells of Pinene & Terpinolene. Extremely Stable phenotypically. Always keep an eye out for the occasional hermaphrodite as these are open pollinated for preservation purposes and not selected seeds. Originally shared by NdNguy.

8-9 week flowering times.

21 Regular seeds per pack

Brother Nature

I've been noticing a real resurgence in old school and land-race strains recently too and not just in legal countries either. I think we'll be seeing some real interesting strains in the near future..

Old Piney

Description​

1979 Xmas Bud IBL
Open pollinated reproduction of the pure ’79 Xmas Bud from the east coast. A pure Indica style plant that grows like a Christmas Tree and smells of Pinene & Terpinolene. Extremely Stable phenotypically. Always keep an eye out for the occasional hermaphrodite as these are open pollinated for preservation purposes and not selected seeds. Originally shared by NdNguy.

8-9 week flowering times.

21 Regular seeds per pack
Not Afghani but just about (Talibanistan) my post in landrace indica thread. like a Christmas tree or as my friend said a man in ghillie suit lol.
This is The real seed co. Cider kush described as “This is a Spanish continuation of the original Tom Hill X18, a renowned true-breeding Indica-type strain with roots in the Pakistani Hindu Kush. The original landrace from which X18 was inbred is said to have been introduced to Northern California in the 1980s. Crucially, it’s believed this strain has never been outcrossed. “ Apple and pear phenos , no problems with anything
1666997604193.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts