What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

acespicoli

I have no clue where BOG got his original breeding stock from.. There's def Afgh genetics in his crosses. This came from a 2014 mix pack I think could be LSD or SLS.. Terps are hash earthy gas.
View attachment 18785379 View attachment 18785380 View attachment 18785381
BOG's Bubble Gum
His lines started with a highly worked BG snotty booger buds that stick to windows :)

1669432381633.png

Sensi's generic line White Label BG x NL

1669432942566.png

1669433037340.png

Logo White Label

White Label Double Gum
WL Double Gum from the Indiana Bubble Gum (some HT greats in Illinois Steve Hagar Chef Ra) One of the most interesting qualities of this plant is the sweetness in taste and smell. This plant also performs well under all conditions. A compact Indica growth pattern makes this an easy plant to grow and work with. The more branches your seedling mother will produce, the higher the yield that can be expected.

Flowering: 45-50 days.

Imagine it still fits the old Afghani lines prolly from old 60's 70's hash imports
Is this the one your thinking of?

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great! Thank you for the information on Sour Bubble! Definitely looks like it has common afghan morphology (traits). So there is the Northern lights #5 in the background with the Giant Boggle. I guess that adds a little variation to the genetic to keep the line from getting too bottlenecked.

I was asking because thats one of the components of the hybrid line I've been working on. I think the bubblegum is showing in the selections i have been making, and now most of the plants are exhibiting some interesting sharp, fruity refreshing terpene hues with afghan hash background and has upped the potency. I was thinking the other day the smell is very similar to actual bubblegum! Looking forward to the future of the line weeding out the overly fruity plants! They are definitely sticky well before I over-dried them. Its cool because I'm "near" Indiana so its only right to be working with bubblegum in the mix. It just worked out that way, God's grace!

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
BOG's Bubble Gum
His lines started with a highly worked BG snotty booger buds that stick to windows :)

View attachment 18785411
Sensi's generic line White Label BG x NL

View attachment 18785412
View attachment 18785413
Logo White Label

White Label Double Gum
WL Double Gum from the Indiana Bubble Gum (some HT greats in Illinois Steve Hagar Chef Ra) One of the most interesting qualities of this plant is the sweetness in taste and smell. This plant also performs well under all conditions. A compact Indica growth pattern makes this an easy plant to grow and work with. The more branches your seedling mother will produce, the higher the yield that can be expected.

Flowering: 45-50 days.

Imagine it still fits the old Afghani lines prolly from old 60's 70's hash imports
Is this the one your thinking of?
Can't find much info on BogBubble, I've got an old pack I wouldn't mind running but want to get the lowdown on it before I do

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm thinking BOG's line is pretty homozygous, and its a stable true-breeding line. I think thats why its worked out so well in keeping the line going for so long. Starting out with heterozygous poly-hybrids, it sounds like the line would get more and more undesirables, or more variation anyway in the progeny.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I edited that first post a little after you liked it. I planted out way to many early on, because I did a backup flat which I didn;t need., Which was kind of nice to select strong desirable plants. At the end, had right at about 50 females to harvest. I figure the garden forming a cannopy chokes out weeds and helps blend the plot in. Turns out, having more plants in a breeding program helps increase your chance of success.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its in the lineage on that picture. White label Bubblegum x Bubble Gum crossed to another Bubblegum x Bubble Gum. Its bubblegum. Thats all we have ever known pretty sure.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats the misinformation, correct it then. You can't just say that and walk away, help us out! We are in a discussion thread. :smoke:

I remember reading the info about the BOG Bogglegum-sour bubble from the past.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Yes, ML is from Sensi.. Sensi is who got all of Neville's work after he passed away ..Ortega is pure ML..

"The Maple Leaf line provided Neville with 2 plants he labeled Afghan T/S" .
Yea Sensi didn't get jack after Nevil passed away, I don't know where you got that from.

Sensi got most of his genetics after Nevil sold the seed bank, Shanti got some too years after. Nevil was working on different lines before he passed away, some people received a few of them but the rest are still tightly held.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
That's fine, I was just hoping you maybe had it at hand. Also I was told a while back that the original NL1 is what they later sold as the Hindu Kush, the NL2 became the actual northern lights, and so on. If I understood correctly the NL crosses went form 1 to 11, from the most "indica" to the most "sativa". Does this fit what you read from Neville?
NL1 was NL1
Kush x Kush (aka Kush4 x NL2) was later renamed "Hindu Kush" by Sensi.

I believe someone from sensi said NL1 was the first version of NL they released, they later added the NL5x2 to the mix.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea Sensi didn't get jack after Nevil passed away, I don't know where you got that from.

Sensi got most of his genetics after Nevil sold the seed bank, Shanti got some too years after. Nevil was working on different lines before he passed away, some people received a few of them but the rest are still tightly held.

I thought I read that posted here somewhere. So Sensi got most of his work before he died. I appreciate the clarification.

foazegyensuly

has anyone tried this?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
About Mazari lines here's JGLs report :

for comparison, this that I got with the seeds of RSC directly
longer flowering, head slender, more sativa, less hardwood
also less powerful :biggrin:

vermontman

Hey all
Not a huge Indi fan here, but my favorite to grow was
Williams Wonder. She is supposed to be pre Soviet invasion into Afghanistan IBL. These came from sick meds seeds. several years ago. Nice citrus smell and for the indi lovers said to be the only Indica need be grown, not my words.

WILLIAMS WONDER #2 READY FOR CURE 019.JPG

WILLIAMS WONDER #2 007.JPG

WILLIAMS WONDER #2 009.JPG
Williams-Wonder[1].jpg

Attachments

• Williams-Wonder[1].jpg
    Williams-Wonder[1].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Latest posts