What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

X15

i think "seedsman" had a great afghani ,,,,,got some affie freebies a while back,,,,,s2
I’ve grown their Afghani #1 s2. Was very mellow and hit the Munchies switch hard. Also, had a really nice height to them (35”-40”) Smell of dog vomit and was damn near over powering for the first two weeks.
I hit one pheno I liked with an og male I had. Grew some out but left them all to someone to finish.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
in ‘79 a dude pulled into Corvallis with 10 pack of what he called the “Mother” …grownin Ozarks……roadkill skank….big ghani flowers ..no hybrid look like so many above….and largest seeds pale sandy cream in color………made you sweat profusely while a mind numbing trash you indica high slammed you about…….
cant remember any other pure indica that was so true to type…..
ganj on…..

acespicoli

I can definitely see GDP/Urkel in there. Those are Mendo Purps x Paktika Afghan

that would mean many people who think they have a medocino purple kush from mendo joe,
at some point or your just searching for "the holy grail" but that is just a story...for children in Christ

Jordan of the Islands' The Purp Description​

The Purp's prized genetics are coveted the world over. Accept no substitutes, Jordan of the Islands retains the original genetics for this reliable strain. It will have amazing purple colours no matter what the temperature.

Height: 3-4 ft
Flowering time: 7 weeks
Harvesting Outdoor: Early September

What do we know about the unknown/legendary Viking?​

Old Dutch Strain by Wernard (Positronics).

Viking is de naam van een kruising van 2 x 10.
De nummers datere van 1982.
We kweekten toen een range zaden, merendeels van Old Ed, maar er waren ook nieuwe soorten bij.
Wat 2 en 10 waren weet ik niet meer uit mijn hiifd maar ik heb het ergens nog op papier.
In 1983 is die kruising gemaakt en naar ik meen in 1984 heb ik in diverse veldjes 2x10 bekeken.
De mooiste exemplaren stonden op een veldje bij ene Klaas in de buurt van Leeuwarden. Zie foto bijgaand
Hij had diverse planten waaronder een aantal 2x10. Van het mmoiste exemplaar heb ik stekken genomen.Dat was toen nogal onzeker want stekken maken was not done in die tijd en succes niet gegarandeerd.
De plant is vij ruig en het effect tamenlijk bot, maar net als bij een vikingzwaard doet de afwerking er niet zoveel toe. Het gaat om jhet effect van de klap, vandaar de naam.

De wiet is sterk, te sterk voor mijn vrouw .bv.
Een typische mannenwiet

Als je Viking kruist met Skunk krijg je hollands Hope.
Ongeveer een kwart van die zaden levert paarse planten op, Purple power.

Van dat veldje en zelfs van de plant in kwestie heb ik nog foto's gemaakt.
Ik nam toen een soort pasfoto's van iedere soort en plant waar ik klonen van nam.
Maar ik neem aan dat je voorlopig voldoende weet?
Anders hoor ik het wel van je.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wernard Bruining

info from Wietforum.nl

translated from above loosely

Viking is the name of a 2 x 10 cross.
The numbers date from 1982.
We then grew a range of seeds, mostly from Old Ed, but there were also new varieties.
I can't remember what 2 and 10 were from my hiifd, but I still have it on paper somewhere.
That crossing was made in 1983 and I believe in 1984 I watched 2x10 in various fields.
The most beautiful specimens were on a field at a certain Klaas near Leeuwarden. See photo attached
He had several plants including some 2x10. I took cuttings from the most beautiful specimen. That was quite uncertain at the time because making cuttings was not done at that time and success was not guaranteed.
The plant is shaggy and the effect rather blunt, but like a Viking sword, the finish doesn't matter that much. It's all about the effect of the blow, hence the name.

The weed is strong, too strong for my wife .eg.
A typical man's weed

If you cross Viking with Skunk you get Hollands Hope.
About a quarter of those seeds yield purple plants, Purple power.

I took pictures of that field and even of the plant in question.
I then took sort of passport photos of every species and plant that I took clones of.
But I take it you know enough for now?
Otherwise I'll hear from you.

Sincerely,
Wernard Bruining

Purple Kush is a mostly indica variety, listed in our database as a clone only strain and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±53 days) and outdoors. .

Strong purple kush strain, originating in British Colombia. Produces very nice plants that are heavy with resin with an acrid hash-like taste. Finish outdoors mid to late September.

Purple Power is a mostly sativa variety from unknown origin and can be cultivated indoors and outdoors. .

Its ancestors are a Thai/Columbian influenced haze and a very early Dutch Skunk.

Derg Corra Collectives Viking Description​

Viking is an old Dutch strain probably made from an Afghan landrace. She shows purple hues in flower and brings on a sweet hashy taste with earthy undertones. She's very easy to grow out- and indoor aswell. This strain is very muscle relaxing, and is very good for insomnia too. Couchlock effect. The reproduction of this strain was made by Bald Man Lala for the Derg Corra Collective.
1668104577131.png

Indica/sativa 90/10% (probably)
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Smell: Hashy/earthy
Taste: Sweet/Hashy
Buzz: Stoned/Relaxed/Munchies

Respond very well to organic growstyles

1668099082053.png

nspecta mendo

The Original Mendo Purps seed was sprouted nearly 25 years ago by my good friend @nsd... This amazing plant is only one of many plants that Notso... has held and preserved over the last few decades. Anyone that knows Notso knows he hasn’t ever really wanted to jump into the seed game…but with his passion for the plant and breeding it makes sense that he should throw his proverbial hat in the ring…if only to help facilitate him doing what he loves. Let’s do a Poll…everyone who thinks he should start a seed company say Yay and share why ya think so…if it’s not a good idea say Nay and explain why. I’m very curious what y’all think. On a final note…the Mendo Purps pic above was grown indoors by me 8 or so years ago…and photographed by an old friend. 🍇🍇🍇

#Mendo Purps #love the one you got
so unless your running a clone from Wernard Bruining or mendo joe its probally a hybrid or s1
mine are s1's of the above

Attachments

• 1668096441427.png
    1668096441427.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

acespicoli

BCOs Purple Kush #1 Description (for nostalgic purposes)​

apologies for this being a afghan kush hybrid in a best affie thread

Logo Breeder Choice Organisation
Purple Kush #1 is a new introduction to the BCO lineup for 2009 seasons and beyond, it as wonderful combination of two of our most proven breeding lines. For a number of years we have worked with the Pure Purple Haze mother, a true Purple that combines a simply incredible quality of high with divine deep, aged burgundy wine flavours. The Purple Haze mothers have been combined with our Pure Purple Chitrali #1 males, themselves proven in multiple BCO hybrids to date.
1668105233813.png

purple haze pheno type crossed to
1668105272817.png

purple chitral kush pheno type

just adding this to keep things transparent on the purple lines
you can probably imagine the progeny..

One last note: There was a old man up in the hills the grew a old purple indica
never releasing the strain, as far as I know... people used to be pretty tight with the good heirloom weed.
Apparently some of it at one point was seeded whether it was the ibl heirloom seed or errant pollen from another grow is pure speculation and legend. What we do know is there are purple afghans or mostly purple indicas about....pure or hybrid is the question and afghan or indica you decide.

Last advice I would offer before I say good day to you is, Balki Hash Plant
1668112112748.png

and Black Domina
1668112071632.png

LA Affie is a whole other conversation...
1668111871437.png

LA Affie from CV

Stop back after awhile and see if you found the afhgani for you :)
Nice thread

enjoy!

acespicoli

@acespicoli what did you mean by LA Affie is another conversation?

I have a pack of those from CV I got as freebies but know nothing about them.
I think its more of a OG bubba conversation, OG LA Affie aka Bombay Kush
Gifted to DNA from a friend
I cant say thats a pure Afghan although it looks nice
I know there is a member here on IC that knows ...more

What got me is the caramel sweet flavors like butter scotch I always like the nutty ones
Like the P91 was called the peanut and smelled just like peanut butter
Let me know when you get around to running them I want to compare notes on conformity to indica type
we both got the CV so will see, good stash !

Like someone else said Deep Chunk is the atypical afghani as described by botanists as indica wayback!
1668118695227.png

To me the one on his right looks Deep Chunkish maybe even closer to black kandahar ? the one on his left looks lebanese to me
as a landrace diverse as it should be, the picture says its a male and female so.... the male is shorter and bushy the female is taller and more columnar ? Any way we all have our preconceptions...of standard
1668126953441.png

1668127087454.png

StRa
Apr 18, 2013 #3
thanks man.... he was for sure one of the greatest ethnobotanists........but it's hard to classify!!!!!!ahhahaha

I'd like to quote him:

"Plants are not made to be catalogued and classified. They can never easily and with complete satisfaction be put into tight compartiments. This simple and basic truth, usually not appreciated by non-scientist and sometimes overlooked by zealous taxonomists, should be borne in mind much more strongly for groups such as cannabis, where an historical perspective is imperative. from CANNABIS AN EXAMPLE OF TAXONOMIC NEGLECT

http://wlbcenter.org/Schultes Publications/Schultes_1975.pdf
But if you want a high yielding couch locking easy indica dominant of today there are many choices

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I still havent gotten around to running MLI again its getting difficult to find. I kept re reading the quotes from Nevil about AfgT and AfgS....I am trying to decide on Nordle and The Nordle x Afg Haze cross. I'd prefer to keep haze out of the equation though. Not that I don't like a fine Haze you know. Just the principle.

Affie and Nutty Butterscotch sounds divine. I had some airborne that was peanutty and the butterscotch sounds maple'esque somewhat.

revegeta666

I still havent gotten around to running MLI again its getting difficult to find. I kept re reading the quotes from Nevil about AfgT and AfgS....I am trying to decide on Nordle and The Nordle x Afg Haze cross. I'd prefer to keep haze out of the equation though. Not that I don't like a fine Haze you know. Just the principle.

Affie and Nutty Butterscotch sounds divine. I had some airborne that was peanutty and the butterscotch sounds maple'esque somewhat.
MLI is available and the price went down, why do you say it's difficult to find? Do you mean resellers in the US? I would think sensi ship to the US don't they?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
early 80’s was runnin’ wt. from southern humby to the Cruz …..had a source in Panther Gap that had what I first saw as the Purple Kush…..great looking flowers varying hues of violet/purple…..floral perfume with slight hint of skank…..wasn’t couch lock by any means but unusual for the times and the Cruz ate it up…..
Mr Kushman had a nice cut of PK that from looking at very much same…..
the best variety I got from that camp was the Chilean Indica…..huge f1 hybs that produced “brain weed” in looks and stone……took one on a ride from its lineage…..and one I wish had today…..

ganj on…..

revegeta666

Love this quote by the way. How often do we forget this and insist on categorizing everything, when nature can be so random and chaotic.

for sure one of the greatest ethnobotanists said:
"Plants are not made to be catalogued and classified. They can never easily and with complete satisfaction be put into tight compartiments. This simple and basic truth, usually not appreciated by non-scientist and sometimes overlooked by zealous taxonomists, should be borne in mind much more strongly for groups such as cannabis, where an historical perspective is imperative.

gypsyeyes

early 80’s was runnin’ wt. from southern humby to the Cruz …..had a source in Panther Gap that had what I first saw as the Purple Kush…..great looking flowers varying hues of violet/purple…..floral perfume with slight hint of skank…..wasn’t couch lock by any means but unusual for the times and the Cruz ate it up…..
Mr Kushman had a nice cut of PK that from looking at very much same…..
the best variety I got from that camp was the Chilean Indica…..huge f1 hybs that produced “brain weed” in looks and stone……took one on a ride from its lineage…..and one I wish had today…..

ganj on…..
Panther Gap, I know it well lol. Used to be my destination for tripping liberty caps. Great source for Coprinus comatus- shaggy manes.

Circa 1980's
humboldt bag - Copy.jpg

need4weed

Veteran
I think its more of a OG bubba conversation, OG LA Affie aka Bombay Kush
Gifted to DNA from a friend
I cant say thats a pure Afghan although it looks nice
I know there is a member here on IC that knows ...more

What got me is the caramel sweet flavors like butter scotch I always like the nutty ones
Like the P91 was called the peanut and smelled just like peanut butter
Let me know when you get around to running them I want to compare notes on conformity to indica type
we both got the CV so will see, good stash !

Like someone else said Deep Chunk is the atypical afghani as described by botanists as indica wayback!
View attachment 18780044
To me the one on his right looks Deep Chunkish maybe even closer to black kandahar ? the one on his left looks lebanese to me
as a landrace diverse as it should be, the picture says its a male and female so.... the male is shorter and bushy the female is taller and more columnar ? Any way we all have our preconceptions...of standard
View attachment 18780067
View attachment 18780068

StRa
Apr 18, 2013 #3
thanks man.... he was for sure one of the greatest ethnobotanists........but it's hard to classify!!!!!!ahhahaha

I'd like to quote him:

But if you want a high yielding couch locking easy indica dominant of today there are many choices
I'd like to know more about the la affie, if anyone has info on the clone as I grew the cv S1s, well 1 plant to be exact. Ot grew like a stretch indica. Resembled nothing like a bubba kush. Can anyone chime on with knowledge about this cultivar

Latest posts

Latest posts