What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

Stonerbudz

After reading through the thread here I’m surprised no one has mentioned Bohdis Cherry Queen?? Anyone have any experience with it??

I’ve got a pack of that held back, also a pack of the USCs Black Afghani and a bunch of deep chunk F2’s also.

ACE put out a Hashplant S1 which is supposedly an old hashplant from the 90’s. Have those stashed too along with there PCK. Really need to break these old ghani lines out in the next few years and at least let them OP to refresh them.

If I ever get to a point where I’ve got a hiatus in my flower tent Ivecwsnted to do a big OP on all those Deep Chunks and just do a freebie giveaway to spread them far and wide. It’s one of the originals it needs to be preserved. The more hands you can get it in the better imo
I got true afghani kush seeds picked from Afghanistan in 09

gypsyeyes

Did someone say MrNice Ortega? Considered an IBL, smelling of berries and great muscle relaxer. She will knock you out if you are not careful lol.

ortegab 7_21 - Copy.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Plants^^ My Maple Leaf Indica plants looked similar in structure. Not sure how related they are but looks are quite close.

acespicoli

Nice Plants^^ My Maple Leaf Indica plants looked similar in structure. Not sure how related they are but looks are quite close.
Have you read the Neville Posts, he talks about the seed bank and how he got 2 kilos of seeds from a mujadeen rebel leader who called him a bandit, :ROFLMAO: supposedly they sent a unit into mazar and that was the origin of "maple leaf" pre soviet invasion. Not sure who Maple Leaf Wilson was...

mexweed

Veteran
the mention of ortega being gingerbread/hashy/sour is spot on to the LUI plant I had a long time ago, the hash from it was very tangy sour fruit

need4weed

Veteran
I love my 1980s Kandahar ('Black Afghani' from Underground Seeds Co). It is as pure an indica as can be found since this is the region in which Schults described Cannabis sativa indica. Honestly some of the finest buds out theis it a heavy smoke? Medicinal? Euphoric? How would you describe her?

JayWilly

Have you read the Neville Posts, he talks about the seed bank and how he got 2 kilos of seeds from a mujadeen rebel leader who called him a bandit, :ROFLMAO: supposedly they sent a unit into mazar and that was the origin of "maple leaf" pre soviet invasion. Not sure who Maple Leaf Wilson was...
Pretty sure dogless was the one who gave the maple leaf to neville along with garlic bud and a few others

Hempy McNoodle

Regarding Black Afghani (80s Kandahar) @need4weed asked: "Medicinal? Euphoric? How would you describe her?"

Different phenos give different effects. The one I liked the most was trippy and super pleasurable both physically and mentally. It felt like I was being luxuriously pampered. Hard to describe. Some of the other phenos are just all around good indica bud. Most are not too narcotic. Very stony.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have yet to see a post or message where dogless or neville confirmed this. Now maple leaf Wilson could be him but it could someone he got it from or just a made up name to keep identity secret at the time who knows

Maybe, I made a mistake. Maybe, Jim Ortega is Maple Leaf Wilson?

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega.

It''s him alright, he's probably not interested in attracting the same kind of attention I get from trolls. Who can blame him.

Last edited:

JayWilly

Maybe, I made a mistake. Maybe, Jim Ortega is Maple Leaf Wilson?

Dogless and Jim ortega same guy . Dogless was just a user name he used

acespicoli

Dogless and Jim ortega same guy . Dogless was just a user name he used
maybe ndnguy knows ?
if you ever have the chance to talk indicas with a man that goes by the handle dogless
Neville suggested you pull up a chair and listen

from some defunct old long gone forgotten forum....
with all this cake and cookies who can blame em,
hope someone is willing to continue old school lines that got us here
got some bella ortega from cannabella seed club

Bella Ortega is a 100% pure Indica from Afghanistan, Mazar i Sharif. The variety was given to Nevil Schoenmakers (The Seed Bank) who refined and selected this. It is a pure Maple Leaf Indica Afghani selection and is not related to Northern Lights. She is over 40 years old and still preserved in her original vitality. Ortega / Maple Leaf Indica genes are found in many known crosses such as Black Domina or Super Skunk.
The plants are dark green with broad leafs reminding of maple leafs, have a stable main trunk and grow when they have space in a Christmas tree shape. Tightly composed, only one main blossom forms and almost no lateral shoots.
The aroma is sweet-fruity towards grape / grapefruit with distinct hashish and hops touch in the finish.
Very resinous plants, producing excellent hashish, dry sifted a true flavor experience.
Can be used for medical purposes like: sleep disorders, ADHD, tourette, appetite, tinitus and nerve pain.'
1667872801459.png

Strain: Bella Ortega
Breeder: Cannabella Seed Club
Upload date: 04.10.2016
Picture from: Cannabella Seed Club

This is one of those project strains

The story of this adventure was first reported in Regardies Magazine and written by former HIGH TIMES reporter A. Craig Copetas. “After being smuggled into a refugee camp near Peshawar while lying on the floor of a car, Nevil made contact with a 30-year-old Muslim fanatic who had a throbbing vein that ran from between his eyes straight up his forehead,” wrote Copetas. “The man took a lump of black hash out of his pocket and told Nevil that it had been processed by his uncle, a man known as Mr. Hashish. Surrounded by four men who were pointing machine-guns at him, Nevil set about negotiating with Mr. Hashish, a Mujahedin commander, and finally persuaded him to send a squad of his men 280 miles into Soviet-occupied territory and come back with two kilos of healthy Mazari seeds.”

1667873669903.png

“He thought I was ridiculous because I didn’t want to buy hash or opium.” recalls Nevil. “Nobody had ever come there before to buy seeds, and at first he had no idea what I was talking about.I stood there trying to explain genetics to this tribal hash leader in sign language. When he finally figured out what I wanted, he asked for too much money. I took a zero off his price and gave him ten percent up front. He called me a bandit, but I had the seeds four days later.”

The seeds are beautiful tiger striped specimens of giant grapefruit and hops flavored indicas

Sensi Seeds' Maple Leaf Indica Description​

Logo Sensi Seeds Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica
A relatively new release as a seed, this fat, sticky hash-makers’ plant has long been prized for its sparkling coating of resin glands and syrupy sweet citrus bouquet. Maple Leaf Indica is bred from precious, vintage Afghanica gene-stock – parent plants that have formed part of several important Sensi Seeds hybrids and which represent one of the surviving strains behind original Mazar-i-Sharif hashish.

The direct forebears of Maple Leaf Indica were brought out of Afghanistan just before the Soviet invasion and older smokers lucky enough to have visited the region in its peaceful era may find this variety to be a taste – and a blast – from the past. Some of the earliest western references to the Maple Leaf parent strain describe both the plant and the hashish produced from it as “renowned throughout the Hindu Kush and the whole of the Middle East as the best there is.”

Even by the high standards of the region, Mazar-i-Sharif is a celebrated centre of cannabis and hashish culture, and prior to the Eighties its reputation was greater still. Situated just inside Afghanistan’s northern border, the town’s proximity to the territory of the former USSR made it one of the very first areas to be affected by the invasion. This threat was perhaps the only reason that the traditional cultivators of the Maple Leaf parent strain allowed it to leave their possession, and the collector who received the original seeds made it a personal mission to preserve this unique Indica.

The exodus of sublime Afghani genotypes during that period changed the face of ganja cultivation around the world and western growers have literally reaped the benefits ever since. Maple Leaf represents one of the finest Afghanica varieties ever seen outside the region, back-crossed to express the purity of her ancestors. This strain quickly and easily produces solid buds that drip with crystal and sugary orange-grapefruit flavours. While not the biggest-yielding Afghani in the Sensi collection, Maple Leaf Indica tops the list for resin production and has always been one of our personal favourites.

Short flowering period (45 - 50 days)
100% Indica

Last edited:

JayWilly

maybe ndnguy knows ?
if you ever have the chance to talk indicas with a man that goes by the handle dogless
Neville suggested you pull up a chair and listen

from some defunct old long gone forgotten forum....
with all this cake and cookies who can blame em,
hope someone is willing to continue old school lines that got us here
got some bella ortega from cannabella seed club

Bella Ortega is a 100% pure Indica from Afghanistan, Mazar i Sharif. The variety was given to Nevil Schoenmakers (The Seed Bank) who refined and selected this. It is a pure Maple Leaf Indica Afghani selection and is not related to Northern Lights. She is over 40 years old and still preserved in her original vitality. Ortega / Maple Leaf Indica genes are found in many known crosses such as Black Domina or Super Skunk.
The plants are dark green with broad leafs reminding of maple leafs, have a stable main trunk and grow when they have space in a Christmas tree shape. Tightly composed, only one main blossom forms and almost no lateral shoots.
The aroma is sweet-fruity towards grape / grapefruit with distinct hashish and hops touch in the finish.
Very resinous plants, producing excellent hashish, dry sifted a true flavor experience.
Can be used for medical purposes like: sleep disorders, ADHD, tourette, appetite, tinitus and nerve pain.'
View attachment 18779142
Strain: Bella Ortega
Breeder: Cannabella Seed Club
Upload date: 04.10.2016
Picture from: Cannabella Seed Club

This is one of those project strains

The story of this adventure was first reported in Regardies Magazine and written by former HIGH TIMES reporter A. Craig Copetas. “After being smuggled into a refugee camp near Peshawar while lying on the floor of a car, Nevil made contact with a 30-year-old Muslim fanatic who had a throbbing vein that ran from between his eyes straight up his forehead,” wrote Copetas. “The man took a lump of black hash out of his pocket and told Nevil that it had been processed by his uncle, a man known as Mr. Hashish. Surrounded by four men who were pointing machine-guns at him, Nevil set about negotiating with Mr. Hashish, a Mujahedin commander, and finally persuaded him to send a squad of his men 280 miles into Soviet-occupied territory and come back with two kilos of healthy Mazari seeds.”

View attachment 18779144
“He thought I was ridiculous because I didn’t want to buy hash or opium.” recalls Nevil. “Nobody had ever come there before to buy seeds, and at first he had no idea what I was talking about.I stood there trying to explain genetics to this tribal hash leader in sign language. When he finally figured out what I wanted, he asked for too much money. I took a zero off his price and gave him ten percent up front. He called me a bandit, but I had the seeds four days later.”

The seeds are beautiful tiger striped specimens of giant grapefruit and hops flavored indicas

Sensi Seeds' Maple Leaf Indica Description​

Logo Sensi Seeds Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica
A relatively new release as a seed, this fat, sticky hash-makers’ plant has long been prized for its sparkling coating of resin glands and syrupy sweet citrus bouquet. Maple Leaf Indica is bred from precious, vintage Afghanica gene-stock – parent plants that have formed part of several important Sensi Seeds hybrids and which represent one of the surviving strains behind original Mazar-i-Sharif hashish.

The direct forebears of Maple Leaf Indica were brought out of Afghanistan just before the Soviet invasion and older smokers lucky enough to have visited the region in its peaceful era may find this variety to be a taste – and a blast – from the past. Some of the earliest western references to the Maple Leaf parent strain describe both the plant and the hashish produced from it as “renowned throughout the Hindu Kush and the whole of the Middle East as the best there is.”

Even by the high standards of the region, Mazar-i-Sharif is a celebrated centre of cannabis and hashish culture, and prior to the Eighties its reputation was greater still. Situated just inside Afghanistan’s northern border, the town’s proximity to the territory of the former USSR made it one of the very first areas to be affected by the invasion. This threat was perhaps the only reason that the traditional cultivators of the Maple Leaf parent strain allowed it to leave their possession, and the collector who received the original seeds made it a personal mission to preserve this unique Indica.

The exodus of sublime Afghani genotypes during that period changed the face of ganja cultivation around the world and western growers have literally reaped the benefits ever since. Maple Leaf represents one of the finest Afghanica varieties ever seen outside the region, back-crossed to express the purity of her ancestors. This strain quickly and easily produces solid buds that drip with crystal and sugary orange-grapefruit flavours. While not the biggest-yielding Afghani in the Sensi collection, Maple Leaf Indica tops the list for resin production and has always been one of our personal favourites.

Short flowering period (45 - 50 days)
100% Indica
I heard that strain in Regardies Magazine is differnt than the maple leaf line . I also beleive I heard nevil say there wasn't anything worth keeping or working in that line

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-003530_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-003530_Gallery.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 78

acespicoli

1668050426066.png

1668050458318.png

1668050372879.png

maybe this ?
1668050769365.png

Last edited:

Thcvhunter