What's new

Who's adding other stuff with Head/Rez/Lucas 6/9?

Who's adding hygrozyme? Liquid Karma? Root Excelurator? Carbo boost stuff? Other stuff?

I know a lot of you have those favorite products that you're going to keep with you no matter what base you start with...

so what are you adding?

When are you adding it?

How are the results?

Oh and feel free to add a pic to your response if you feel like it!

GREEN CRACK
picture.php

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Honestly I use alot of products because i think they work. If you flush once a month with clearing solution then it works fine. I use Promix HP for soil with a ph of 5.5 to 5.8
Recently added GH FloraBlend and their humic acid blend Diamond Nectar

Most Products are General Hydroponics. I find they are the best and reasonably priced!!
PH at 5.5 to 5.8, Lower is better than higher in the Ph world. Check your run off to see Ph level

Regular Fert’s used through grow and bloom cycles are: Flora Micro & Bloom, SubCulture M&B, Floralicious Plus, FloraNectar, Micro Nut’s, CalMg, Hygrozyme, Epsom Salts
Veg Products: Use SuperThrive once a week until end of Veg. Cycle. Roots Excelurator (til 3rd Bloom Wk)

First Week: Grow, Micro, Bloom, SubCulture M & B, Floralicious +, FloraNectar Micro Nut’s, CalMg, Jumbo Green, Hygrozyme (ALWAYS at Half Strength), Epsom Salts,
Dutch Master Foliar, ph 6 (DAY 8) All at HALF Strength except foliar spray.
2nd Week: Same as above but at full Strength, FloraGrow at half strength

3rd Week: Full Strength but NO Flora Grow at ALL No Jumbo Green No Foliar Spray

4th Week: Last Veg Week No Flora Grow used, No Jumbo Green No Foliar Spray
LAST feeding of VEG cycle Flush with Clearing Solution (GH Flora Kleen)

Bloom Products: You will need in addition to Regular Fert’s: Bat Guano, Super Bloom, Jumbo Bud, KoolBloom, AN carbohydrate, Dutch Master Foliar.
NO FLORAGROW USED AT ALL.

1ST Week: Day 1 add Bat Guano (if Powder use weeks 1 & 5)(if Liquid use Weekly)
Add Big Bud weeks 1 - 5 Super Bloom Weeks 1 & 2 only
End of Week use Dutch Master Foliar Spray ph 6(use Weeks 1, 3, 5)

2nd Week: Day 15 KoolBloom 1 tsp. per gal. Super Bloom
AN carbohydrates beginning of week

3rd Week: Dutch Master Foliar Last week of GH SubCulture M & B, Root Excelerator

4th Week: Flush with GN FloraKleen next feeding use pure water then use Fertilizers
Use AN carbohydrates Feending after Flushing with FloraKleen
Day 29 KoolBloom 1 tsp. per gal.

5 Week: Day 35 KoolBloom 1 tsp. per gal. Dutch Master Foliar ph 6
Use Bat Guano at Beginning of Week if Powder.
6 Week: Use AN carbohydrates beginning of week

7 Week: Day 45 KoolBloom 1 tsp. per gal.

8th Week: Alternate FloraKleen and Pure Water PH 5.5, heavy feeding varieties still feed
9th Week: Alternate Clearing Solution and Pure Water PH 5.5
10th Week: Alternate Clearing Solution and Pure Water PH 5.5

Products Used: General Hydroponics (GN) Flora Grow, Micro and Bloom. GN Floralicious Plus, GN FloraNectar, GH Subculture M&B, GH KoolBloom. GN Flora Kleen is my Clearing Solution product. Advanced Nutrients (AN) Carboload
Hygrozyme, CalMg Solution, Epsom salts,
Micro Nutrient Solution containing Bo, cu... Super Bloom
Dutch Master Foliar Spray Veg & Bloom, Dutch Master Penetrator
Bat Guano Jumbo Bud Jumbo Green
Superthrive Roots Excelurator H2O2,disinfects water, oxygenates
http://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html Calculator for specific Reservoir size

Thanks for the imput guys.I'm specifically looking for people using COCO and using 6/9 as their base...Bigains I've pumped up the bloom a lil myself. You don't use any other additives?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I use FloraNova Bloom at about the same concentration as 6/9 flora... the only additive i use is Floralicious Plus, 1 ml/gallon, all the way until final week.

Mr.Bitti

i use rezdog's recipe with 6/9 mirco/bloom and koolbloom powder 3-4 times during flowering. works great, i ph around 5.9-6.0. go look at resevoir forum he has the recipe posted as a sticky

i was thinking about using liquid karma but not sure if its worth it for coco

Thanks Schrews and Mr B. I'm familiar with the recipe, and use it myself. I guess I should chime in w/ my own additions....

I've used whatever pk boost i have around, has been mostly 0/13/14 stuff but have Kool Bloom on the way.

I've also added hygrozyme and Liquid Karma and do think I've seen positive effects of Liquid Karma especially.....( I wonder how similar the LK is to the Floralicious Plus)

I've added some blackstrap molasses here and there which my plants seem to like...but it nasties my res and would clog my drip system if I made it a regular addition.....Might have to invest in one of the hydro store substitutes that isn't as thick

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
My question to anyone adding additives is this: what exactly are the differences in your results with/without said additive?

*mistress*

Veteran
My question to anyone adding additives is this: what exactly are the differences in your results with/without said additive?
posted long listy of this/that nute used...

the regime *mistress* prefer is not Grat3fulh3ad, REZDOG, or Lucas/pH formulas...

bottle instructions work well... full strength for 'rapidly growing plants'... or, keep ec over 1.0... then increase to 2.0+ steadily during flower...

in any event,

base fertilizers:
gh flora nova bloom
gh maxi grow & bloom
gh bio thrive grow & bloom

1) pro-tekt 0-0-3 (potassium silicate)...
silica not found in many fertilizers, not on list of required elements, but if make trees, will strengthen stem, limbs & shoots, to support heavy flower weight...
also used for ph-up... if use, place in res prior to add other nutes & ph-down after...

2) calcium nitrate 15.5-0-0-19
correct calcium deficiencies much faster than any 'cal-mag' product. maybe part due to no magnesium included... if have cal deficiency (yellow & top of plant), foliar spray & feed of cal-nit usualy coorect quick...

3) floralicious bloom 1-1-1 (not floralicious plus)
flavor, aroma, texture enhancing... vs. non-floralicious plant.
wider terrior & comes thru on palate... does not disrupt standard nute regime...

4) blackstrap molasses 1-0-5 (sweeteners wholesome+feed grade)
mostly, makes fruit solid thru & thru... seems to create firmer, denser fruit...also, enhances taste & flavor & aromas...

5) gh (general organics) bio-thrive grow &/or bloom 4-3-3/2-4-4
even @ full strength they dont get get over 1.0 ec... but that ok;)...
the alfalfa meal (tria), kierserite (magnesium) & other nicely merged ingredients definetly add to health of plant... & gave most significant visual display of effectiveness...

6) surfacants & stickers...
if foliar feed plant, maybe good to include surfacant + sticker to solution... maybe increase ph to 6.2-7.0... as leaves prefer less acid.
tween 20 work well, but generic detergent (1-3 drops) also work, for surfacant (reduces surface tension & permits elements thru).
sticker keeps solution on leaves & not roll off onto media/floor, etc... in imagination, use 1-3 drops unscented baby oil for sticker...

7) ph up & ph down...
ph-up: pro-tekt... considerably raises ph, w/ >1 tsp...
ph down: erth juice bloom 0-3-1 (if ec low)... distilled white vinegar (if ec already stable) as vinegar adds to minerals to solution...

8) technaflora mag-i-cal 2-0-0 (magnesium nitrate; cal chloride)
not many hydro formulas w/ magnesium nitrate, or that include chloride in mix... much more use of these ingredients in greenhouse crop production... also, usually starts w/ lower ph (5.7-6.0) than the gh camg+, which gets to 6.5 ph easily...

general note
after run same cultivars over/over/over, maybe see when this/that chemical, or organic compound effective by the fan leaves...

look @ fan leaves... most have small, under-developed outer blades... usually, when a feed is getting thru, those outer blades sweel & grow to the size of the other, inner, blades...

plant usually get darker, more lush green, & nodal development decreases distence between shoot formation...

can really see by look of outer blades, turgor pressure of leaves (amount of water transpired [they stand up]), etc...

canopy formation & exuberence is generally sign of root health, as fruit y*eld is directly proportionate to root mass.

if use supplement, & no response from plant w/in 3-5 days, maybe non-effective... usually the response for some plant... others may differ...

conclusion
while plant can go entire season on only molasses (already done in future imagination;)... & certainly on only 1-3 tsp/gal gh base nutes (flora, flora nova, maxi, bio thrive...) they seem to also like additional sources of nutrition, prevention input & fruit enhancement...

however, these amendments seem most effective if actually familiar w/ cultivar/genotype/phenotype... & run same plant(s) over & over... then know ehen to add this/that, or know that certain plants only want 700ppm thru out! when others may take 2500 ppm @ wk 6...

if 1st garden..., maxi-grow/bloom (thx member dongle69!) seem very difficult to make mistake. or, gh fnb, @ 1-3 tsp/gal...
if dont shake flora nova bottle well, maybe precipitation occurs, or dont get same solution every mix... gh also changes nt wt. on flora nova occasionally (batch), so different ec/ppms can occur w/ same tsp, or tbsp dosage...

if 2nd-xxx garden, w/ same cuts, maybe if use 1-2 amendments/supplements, maybe would have to narrow to floralicious bloom & blackstrap molasses. consider calcium nitrate & potassium nitrate (used, but not listed above) as regular nutes, not supps/amends... they only accentuate doses of standard nutes that already contain these compounds...

timing of application & clear desired effect definite+... otherwise, just adding more chemicals to solution... the timing & rate of application of any non-standard nute is based on that particular cuts ability to use it.
not all plants alike... even from same mum... find this if have seed mum & several cuts of mum... some branches perform better, are healthier over periods, etc... select the best cuts, eliminate the rest, & make regime & stay w/ that -after find what works for your garden!

hope this helps. enjo your garden!

whodi

Veteran
i was running water only (20 ppm tap) for a bit in coco with 7 pH (just testing/messing around).. took a week or more to show cal/mag problems... added 6/9 around 5.9 pH and it fixed my cal/mag problem overnight.

silica blast
Kool bloom (liquid)
floralicious plus

and sm-90 if i run into root problems or pests which is rare

whodi

Veteran
silica makes my stems very thick and strong (be careful using it in veg; lighter doses lil bit higher dosage in flower)

floralicious plus improves taste (noticeable) compared to without it

Kool bloom .. well i've always used it so can't comment but it def makes my buds really dense; and my plants take it with ease so i'm all for it.

Darth Fader

I was wondering the same Q. I'm @ 6/9 + Hygrozyme & was using CalMag for a couple wks but left it out starting 3 days ago. pH 5-5 to 5.8. The guy at the hydro store was really pushing Liquid Karma so I thought I'd look into it. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the KoolBloom either. The Casey Jones & Chem 4 have slowed down while my Master Kush seems to be taking off. They all look healthy though. My tap water is 372ppm so may be best to KISS.

GratefulH3ad, have you done a side-by side comparision w/ & w/o the KoolBloom boost?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I was wondering the same Q. I'm @ 6/9 + Hygrozyme & was using CalMag for a couple wks but left it out starting 3 days ago. pH 5-5 to 5.8. The guy at the hydro store was really pushing Liquid Karma so I thought I'd look into it. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the KoolBloom either. The Casey Jones & Chem 4 have slowed down while my Master Kush seems to be taking off. They all look healthy though. My tap water is 372ppm so may be best to KISS.

GratefulH3ad, have you done a side-by side comparision w/ & w/o the KoolBloom boost?

I have not. I should I guess, but can achieve a similar state simply by increasing bloom. Once i get some other business sorted I may do that test.

Sensibowl

Thanks Schrews and Mr B. I'm familiar with the recipe, and use it myself. I guess I should chime in w/ my own additions....

I've used whatever pk boost i have around, has been mostly 0/13/14 stuff but have Kool Bloom on the way.

I've also added hygrozyme and Liquid Karma and do think I've seen positive effects of Liquid Karma especially.....( I wonder how similar the LK is to the Floralicious Plus)

I've added some blackstrap molasses here and there which my plants seem to like...but it nasties my res and would clog my drip system if I made it a regular addition.....Might have to invest in one of the hydro store substitutes that isn't as thick

Yeah, that happens when you use molasses.

I'd go with something like Bud Candy from Advanced Nutrients. It just seems to work better in setups, while also adding to the harvest weight in the end.

And since it's made to work in grow setups, you're not going to get the stickiness in teh res and drip system.

Which, to me, makes it worth the extra money and time of heading to the hydro store instead of the grocery store. Never did seem right to me to buy something to grow a plant in the grocery store.

LOL.

I don't have it in my mix right now, but generally, you shouldn't go a grow without Bud Candy.

TGIF folks...:dance013:

the additivie thing is a huge waste of money, once u start with it u never stop, and has anybody proven any diffeance yet? try more light in perlite in your medium then will talk

whodi

Veteran
go put some silica blast in your system and watch how hard your stems become and thick... so they can hold all that bud weight from 'buying more lights instead' And pests don't like plants that have silica...

While i believe a lot of additives are a waste.. certain ones can actually be beneficial

bluebublelove

Yeah, that happens when you use molasses.

I'd go with something like Bud Candy from Advanced Nutrients. It just seems to work better in setups, while also adding to the harvest weight in the end.

And since it's made to work in grow setups, you're not going to get the stickiness in teh res and drip system.

Which, to me, makes it worth the extra money and time of heading to the hydro store instead of the grocery store. Never did seem right to me to buy something to grow a plant in the grocery store.

LOL.

I don't have it in my mix right now, but generally, you shouldn't go a grow without Bud Candy.

TGIF folks...:dance013:

another shameless advertisement brought to you from the guys at advanced nutrients.

your gear is all hype. the only people online talking about how good it is, is you, and maybe a few of the uninformed.

G

Ganja D

the additivie thing is a huge waste of money, once u start with it u never stop, and has anybody proven any diffeance yet? try more light in perlite in your medium then will talk

What do you base this statement on?
I've done a few tests with the products I use by switching additives around and there are very noticeable differences.
For instance on crop I left out two products I use for sugars and carbs during flowering. There was a huge difference in a lack of resin production, crystals and smell compared to what I normally see. Also my buds never got as dense as I'm used to and were slower to mature.

Another crop I left out an enzyme product I normally use. Again, very noticeable difference. Growth was slower and less robust. Plants weren't as sturdy as normal and seemed to need more staking as buds got heavy. Buds didn't have the same density I'm used to also.

Another crop I left out my favorite bloom enhancement product and the difference was amazing. My yield was seriously compromised with out it. Now I use it every time and my buds get huge and denser then anything I've really seen that I didn't grow.

My last crop I ran a few plants of each strain with guano's and minimal additives. I admit the smell was more natural, but plants had way more leaf to bud ratio then usually and yield was way smaller as well. They were pretty but not as good in every way as plants grown with a full nutrient line and additives. Had I grown the entire crop that way I would have lost out on lot of weed and had significantly lower quality herb as well.

What do you use Castelvetro?

To me a good grower should be obsessed with their plants and put the plants well being above or equal to their own. To really understand your plants you have to pay attention to them and learn to communicate with them the way you would with a dog or human baby. Observe carefully and they will tell you everything they need and what they don't. If I'm teaching someone to grow I tell them, if you don't visit your grow room 10 times a day and you live in the house your not doing your job. Any spare time you get is wasted if your not observing and paying attention to your plants. Do this obsevivly and it will become natural instinct to know what your plants need. Additives can be just one helpful step towards perfection.
And Bluebublelove, I use Advanced nutrients and don't considder myself uniformed at all! Quite the opposite is true.

Last edited: