What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
too bad the cheap price is only at the wholesale level the end users are still paying top dollar its just the growers that are getting price squeezed and that sucks

This is not possible in a free market (which this green market is closest too).

There is no magical fairyland where anyone in the chain gets paid for doing nothing. Decades of consuming cannabis has thought me that good growers never get squeezed, good product never sits around, and those that complain aren't good growers and don't have access to good product.

Sure price to the grower had decreased over the last decade, and cost to produce has doubled if not more in that same time; but that doesn't mean there is some evil force at work in the market. As more and more people overgrow the world supply will naturally increase. As supply increases price decreases simple Econ 1.

Small growers are more than able to sell 100% of their crop to close friends and relatives. The game is who as well as what you know.

:joint:

C

chase

Producing quality weed is something that requires hours of intensive labour, effort, knowledge, and money. If you want to enjoy the fruits of such labour, you've gotta be willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

Sure, cheap weed sounds great. But most growers are not "rich elitists," and thus need to be able to make some money to make it worth all the effort. You pay for what you get.

lol... in NM people call that shit "dirt weed." Really, it doesn't even look like weed.

Medical Marijuana just started up in this state, so the growers aren't really producing that good of smoke (inexperience?). Still prefer importing from the PNW - you guys know what's up! : )
Im not saying that there is anything wrong with charging a reasonable price.

I had a good hook up in N.M ,yes it looked shitty but it was better than most medical marijuana , just not purple.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
I'm now convinced that anyone who thinks prices should be lower is NOT A GROWER...
Nobody gives a dicks shake about someone buying 1/8's and shit every day to blaze 4 joints.............I paid out the ass for bud when I was just a toker buying 1-4oz at a time...why shouldn't anyone else? Tokers can't control the price....the people who buy the pounds control the prices by causing price competition amongst growers...
Asians will set up a bunch of locations in your city and sell GDP
(probably cut at 40 days beaster style) for extra low prices to cut everyone's hustle....it happens everywhere.:dueling:

If you knew what it took to have lbs for sale (indoor or outdoor) you would realize that prices are are already too low if anything....
People think they're entitled to a great bargain just because they smoke bud?
I mean WTF outdoors for 12-1400? Indoors for 22-25?....you gotta be shitting me.
It's already way too cheap.

For the motherfucking win,

:tiphat:

C

chase

I might have goten upset , & caried away. But let me restate what I meant to say . Weed is to expensive for the medical patient.
I dont expect growers to ask for less than what they can get .I am urging patients to influence the market , by trying to go to clubs with price caps , by od . Buy off of the small time farmer when ever you can.

I havent seen much AAA out there , & the most expensive isnt always the best.

I have in fact seen lower prices.

I am not growing or selling at the moment .I am at the buying end of the market.

Mostly im saying woohoo cheap weed Lets see these prices keep droping.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Im not saying that there is anything wrong with charging a reasonable price.

I had a good hook up in N.M ,yes it looked shitty but it was better than most medical marijuana , just not purple.

You just reminded me of the following scene below, glad you are getting the good beer.

Short Bartender: What do you want?

Buscemi: Beer.

Short Bartender: All I got is piss-warm Chango.

Buscemi: That's my brand. Oh, this is damn good! Say, this is the best beer I've ever had. Actually...

Short Bartender: [ignoring him] You need anything over there?

Buscemi: I'm just glad to be alive right now. I was up a few towns away- you know Saragosa? I was visiting a bar there, not unlike this one. They serve beer, not quite as good as this, but close. And I saw something you wouldn't believe. I'm sitting there, see, small table all by myself. Now this bar, it's full of real low-lives. I mean, not like this place here. No, I mean bad. Like they were up to no good, know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, I'm all by myself, I like it that way. Meanwhile, things are going on... under the table kinds of things. Not too obvious, but, not too secret, either. So, I'm sitting there, and in walks the biggest Mexican I have ever seen. Big as shit. Just walks right in like he owns the place. Now, nobody knew quite what to make of him, or quite what to think. There he was and in he walked. He was dark, too. I don't mean dark-skinned. No, this was different. It was as if he was always walking in a shadow. I mean every step he took towards the light, just when you thought his face was about to be revealed, it wasn't. It was as if the lights dimmed, just for him.

Last edited:

Jon 54

I,ll be back tomorow ,let the hatefull posts pile up .They are encouraging , like im striking a nerve.

The only problem is that you're speaking the truth and it hurts the greedy people who have made Prop 215 into a underground economy based on keeping prices high so the real medical patient's can't afford quality medicine at reasonable prices. Just ignore the posts by that ignorant idiot who has to depend on vulgarities to try to harass you off the thread. There are more people that are fed up with the outrageous prices being charged that just don't speak up the way you have. Keep it up :yay::yay::yay: . Jon 54

TripleDraw27

Veteran
The only problem is that you're speaking the truth and it hurts the greedy people who have made Prop 215 into a underground economy based on keeping prices high so the real medical patient's can't afford quality medicine at reasonable prices. Just ignore the posts by that ignorant idiot who has to depend on vulgarities to try to harass you off the thread. There are more people that are fed up with the outrageous prices being charged that just don't speak up the way you have. Keep it up :yay::yay::yay: . Jon 54

LOL

btw this world has been alive way before 215.

And your mental friend, he can't even put together a coherent response to my questions. How does one grow cheap weed? Your boy is all over the place with his 30minute interval rants. To be frank Jon Jon, his pity parade is fucking pathetic. And for you to be like some monkey and say " keep it up", only tells me, you read and see only what you want. Cause im not sure Jon Jon, if you actually understand any of this. Stick with poppers and anal on HWY 111.

WTF> ? weed is way cheaper now, than what is was 10 years ago! Chase what are u talking about. A gram of some "FIRE" 10 years ago would cost u $20. Shit now u can get top shelf FIRE for $10 a gram. You sound like someone who thinks they are entitled to cheap weed. Like I said in my post a few pages back. It's all about who you know. If you dont know the right people your gonna pay more and if you sale your gonna get paid less. FACT. Another FACT I have not paid for weed in over 5 years. With all the growers out there now. A few of my friends grow and if I need some smoke they give me some no questions asked and Vice Versa. Its all about who you know. If you want cheap free weed grow the shit yourself!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I am disabled , & I have nothing to do but grow my humble little home grown , lookn for libs , & cyans or sitting on the internet.
Ya homebound ,

I dont have the time to read your long string of profanity,s
C64.png

TripleDraw27

Veteran
WTF> ? weed is way cheaper now, than what is was 10 years ago! Chase what are u talking about. A gram of some "FIRE" 10 years ago would cost u $20. Shit now u can get top shelf FIRE for $10 a gram. You sound like someone who thinks they are entitled to cheap weed. Like I said in my post a few pages back. It's all about who you know. If you dont know the right people your gonna pay more and if you sale your gonna get paid less. FACT. Another FACT I have not paid for weed in over 5 years. With all the growers out there now. A few of my friends grow and if I need some smoke they give me some no questions asked and Vice Versa. Its all about who you know. If you want cheap free weed grow the shit yourself!

Entitled for sure

Trolling for sure

lets not forget he used the ole " my wife is having seizures cause they took her meds away" line. You know, ive seen that line from the same types many times on here, they are usually gutless and use a loved one to try and prove a point, its pathetic.

He was also crying about paying for overpriced weed, but one of his last posts he claims he grows it.
BRB reaching in my orange home depot bucket full of buds for a quick smoke.

nomaad

Veteran
chase, your argument is valid- but you're just plain shit at making it. its tough when you are just whining. Next time, try something like:

"Hey there. Seems like many of you are doing well for yourselves out there. I urge you to remember that while this industry is booming, the economy at large is in bad shape and a lot of needy people cannot afford their medicine. I would like to start a FREE dispensary for patients with serious disabilities... Here are my ideas and a plan for success..."

You just whine and bring nothing of any consequence to the table. Out here, we take care of the sickest and neediest amongst us. Maybe not everybody, but enough of us so that I have not had to witness a sick person being unable to get their medicine. Granted, its the country. Its a little kinder out here by way of population density.

There is also plenty of cheap crappy B grade herb out there.

The price to the grower has shrunk by half in three years. For every ONE million dolla cropper or gang/mob affiliated warehouse grow, or latinogrown in the national forest, there are TEN regular dudes, 6 of whom are failing, 5 of whom have families, probably the same pay their taxes in some way or another...(one of whom is a woman)-

your problem is with what happens between the grower and the smoker. and that is a very interesting problem because its comprised of thousands of isolated black and grey markets.

the only way to affect any change is to make some yourself. please stop whining about it and do something. there will be some risk and hard work involved. you may find that your position at the helm of the "free weed for sick and poor" association is taking up a lot of your time and you'd like to be compensated for it.

un:rant

please return to the technical nature of this thread. i also like how its like the prices in the back of high times. please unfuck my entertainment. thanks.

Last edited:
C

chase

People sell cheaper indoor in nonmedical states .
The economy belongs to the coustomer . Spend your $ at places that sell cheaper meds , skip the more expensive places.Especialy try to go to places that have price caps.

Just , an idea some of you could donate your popcorn buds , & trim , on the condition that it only goes to canser patients .I havent looked into this , but I would be willing to do this in the futer .This could affect the prices.

And trippledraw I tried to read your nonsense ,2 pages of bitching , & swearing .Your insults are stupid , im not reading your bitchy little crap.
If your question is about cheaper weed , then I have mentioned a couple of ideas to lower the cost.
The reason that prices droped is probably because of all the new growers , Theres so much weed that they dont need to spend top $ for your crap.

C

chase

As for trolling , I made one coment , & havent had a spare second , to stop defeending myself from the anti liberty crew.

Im aloud to stick up for myself , & my beliefs.Other people shouldent have to be worried about speaking .

nomaad

Veteran
this article isn't about your social ethics. its about information. you're ruining it. that's trolling. can you stop?

you are a loud something, but you are not allowed to swamp a thread with off-topic posts.

C

chase

I,ve made my point about the wholesale of pot ,I,ll leave it alone , as long as someone doesnt sleaze in one more insult ,

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I,ve made my point about the wholesale of pot ,I,ll leave it alone , as long as someone doesnt sleaze in one more insult ,

How about a question??
How much weed do you pay to grow, then give away??
I pull 100# twice a year...and give away a shit ton...and I sell the rest--
So just curious if you are a Player...or just a Complainer?? :tiphat:

C

chase

How about a question??
How much weed do you pay to grow, then give away??
I pull 100# twice a year...and give away a shit ton...and I sell the rest--
So just curious if you are a Player...or just a Complainer?? :tiphat:
Im not a big grower ,im about to move my equiptment here from so cal .1000watt I share my weed.
When I have done out door grows I have given weed away.

I would definatly donate my trim + little popcorn nugs to a dispensory if they promised to get it to the right people.

I dont have the $ for a big grow right now , I might need to pick up another 1000 watt , then a nother ac I just spent almost everything relocating here , & now need to pick up my equiptment from socal.

I will be growing again soon , & then I will be in more of a posistion to help................But a 1000watt to start my new grow , will baerly suply us .