What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Low to mid 2's for good indoor (not commercial crap) is approaching 'not worth doing.'

But, If this "2-per light" is a reality, good on ya... That works...

I just took a buttload of real-deal GSCookies and other clones for Indoor season.. The "Squirrel Cage" beckons again.
Maybe just run those Cookie Clones for the first indoor run after the summer circus... Many people I know, even in the Em-Tri, have not tried GSC. If I can grow "Jewels," it usually works out.

Then, run the Gonzos, and the Cheesequakes et al...

Luckily, I do have "People" here and in the Metro. We'll See how it goes.

Buena Suerte, me Brethren & Sistren...!!

Last edited:

gingerale

Veteran
Greed is the only constant these days. Low to mid 2's for good indoor (not commercial crap) is just not worth doing.

I feel sorry for you bro when prices hit 500 an elbow on the way down...I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of folks who just can't hang in this market over the long haul.

What can I say. It is the Dog Days of Summer, nothing but hard work, and fighting off Broad Mites, before flowering makes it exciting...

Unless you're running a perpetual cycle.... :biggrin:

I have been studying a lot, and am inclined to think that it is time to look even harder to discover more about emigration to a lovely State/place/country with friendly petite women. Civil Social interactions, and reasonable 420 laws. These places do exist.

If you find one bro I'm all ears. I have looked at most every state in the union and haven't yet identified one which doesn't have serious drawbacks.

I just took many, many clones of GSCookies and other strains for Indoor season, but the Squirrel Cage beckons again.
One failure in the grow room, or one major problem of any sort, and it is all over.

That's why you gotta be on top of your shit....

"Put all your eggs in one basket, then watch the basket." Warren Buffett

Dog Days of Summer, with a demoralizingly priced market. Sure am glad I have a nice mini-crop of sticky Light-dep Blue Cheese, Grape Romulan, and Chiesel almost done at this juncture.

Yo can you post up pics of your Blue Cheese? I got a cut of that (up here in Michigan) that I'm flowering out now, and I'm curious how it compares to yours. The only specific thing I've noticed about mine so far is that it has very low odor, at least in early flower.

Red Fang

Veteran
When you say 2's you mean 2000's for a pound or 200's for an ounce? I know of people who grow in the east and struggle to get in the 200's for an ounce for good indoor, and less then that it isn't worth doing. Those who always want a deal don't understand the risks and costs these people endure and they deserve to be able to make a living off it. Then the guy who they sell to hums and haws to pay 200 and slipped up and admitted he is getting 20 a gram for some of it and 380+ even by the ounce! My guess is the growers should be getting at least 225 or even 250 or 275 but everyone is too greedy!

stasis

Veteran
Perpetual Cycle Outdoors..? Please explain that..

Cheese of any sort is not low odour. Quite the contrary. Stinkiest piece in the garden.

I am sure there are lots of phenos out there, though. Several Seed companies offer it, and Midwest people seem to favor Barney's seeds more than West Coast Folks. So that may be what you have.

But we are off topic.

Last edited:

gingerale

Veteran
When you say 2's you mean 2000's for a pound or 200's for an ounce? I know of people who grow in the east and struggle to get in the 200's for an ounce for good indoor, and less then that it isn't worth doing.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who "struggles" to make a living growing/selling bud at under $200/o.... those are the exact chumps I am referring to, who will be pushed OUT of this game within the next few years as it's more legalized and the price falls.

Those who always want a deal don't understand the risks and costs these people endure and they deserve to be able to make a living off it.

Sorry, in the world of business your bullshit entitlement mentality doesn't fly. You aren't entitled to shit. If your bud is the right quality and price and you have the right personal qualities to produce it and sell it, you win. If not you lose. It's that simple. It's your job to make it happen, and to worry about making a living for yourself...NOT the customer's.

Then the guy who they sell to hums and haws to pay 200 and slipped up and admitted he is getting 20 a gram for some of it and 380+ even by the ounce!

Someone negotiating trying to get the best deal he can?? Wow.......unreal. :rolleyes:

My guess is the growers should be getting at least 225 or even 250 or 275 but everyone is too greedy!

Is it their "greed" that's the problem here, or your lack of business sense and unreasonable expectations?

RespectGreen

Veteran
I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who "struggles" to make a living growing/selling bud at under $200/o.... those are the exact chumps I am referring to, who will be pushed OUT of this game within the next few years as it's more legalized and the price falls.

Sorry, in the world of business your bullshit entitlement mentality doesn't fly. You aren't entitled to shit. If your bud is the right quality and price and you have the right personal qualities to produce it and sell it, you win. If not you lose. It's that simple. It's your job to make it happen, and to worry about making a living for yourself...NOT the customer's.

Someone negotiating trying to get the best deal he can?? Wow.......unreal. :rolleyes:

Is it their "greed" that's the problem here, or your lack of business sense and unreasonable expectations?

Not everyone else wants to "broke on a friday night".. ;)

That being said I'm in it until lbs go below 15 lb for a good indoor....

Right now Im paying 2900$ for decent stuff, mostly OGR gear... Its going steady for 34-3600$

I let my indoor go for 3500$

stasis

Veteran
The greed I refer to is peoples' Mad Rush to obtain anything called Cookies possible.. and quickly ruining that market. One (very successful) thread online, and knockoffs are quick-a-comin'. Elites don't stay elite anymore apparently. Just sayin'.. I'll just make sure "mine" can scratch glass, and glitter like the Sun..!

Looking at 28 to 30 for my Light Deps (not cookies, but gorgeous, just the same). No complaints on that...

It's a great lifestyle. I am just a bit burned out from the Dog Days of Summer.

Nothing is perfect. Closest I have seen. Going to surf now, Peace.

Last edited:

NorCal

Veteran
Right now the market is dry so yeah prices are up. Come Oct/nov and things will change. I try my best to stay ahead of the curve by growing strains that tend to always be in high demand and establishing relationships with brokers who have a client base that can never seemingly get enough of these strains (sour,OG, GSC) yeah price will dip a bit but for me it's more a matter of consistency. It always cracks me up all the randoms you'll hear from come summertime....

m4n

Good indoor not commercial what schrew said...24 kush and purple 25-26...buddy in new.jersey and another in new york both said they are payin 3 for good outdoor lol...

warthog

Good indoor not commercial what schrew said...24 kush and purple 25-26...buddy in new.jersey and another in new york both said they are payin 3 for good outdoor lol...

yup that sounds right.. people out east would pay 4 for some killer outdoor all day

TripleDraw27

Veteran
When you say 2's you mean 2000's for a pound or 200's for an ounce? I know of people who grow in the east and struggle to get in the 200's for an ounce for good indoor, and less then that it isn't worth doing. Those who always want a deal don't understand the risks and costs these people endure and they deserve to be able to make a living off it. Then the guy who they sell to hums and haws to pay 200 and slipped up and admitted he is getting 20 a gram for some of it and 380+ even by the ounce! My guess is the growers should be getting at least 225 or even 250 or 275 but everyone is too greedy!

what are ounces and grams?

nomaad

Veteran
its not like the patients are going to evaporate into thin air...

its pretty easy to cop a z "on the street"...

NorCal

Veteran
EDIT: sorry if I ruffled any more feathers. I wasn't trying to solicit anything. Just trying to show people what the market is like right now FOR COMPARISON PURPOSES ONLY. I get the hint though once again my apologies Thanks for the warning.

Nope "do what you want, and you are responsible for your wake (boating term)." You are not however responsible for the feelings of the fish, clowns, or monkeys (with or without boats). Feel as you want you great school of fish!

:joint:

I'm sorry for snapping at you Hydro. Thanks for the comment on the pic. I have a love/hate thing with you libertarians. lol