What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

packerfan79

Veteran
Seems like indoor prices are going down. Picked up a pack of white angel for 28. Last pack was 3. Things seem to be working out, business is booming for me.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been able to maintain 28-3 with no expectation of it dropping. The fires are fucking it up bad up in nor cal. Quality and quantity will be limited. Come december prices will rise again.

...Toxic ash on your plants isn't good, I wouldn't think.

Ash from wood/brush/forest fires isn't "toxic" to plants & soil in small amounts...Ash is loaded with potassium and minerals.

If the ash is from a city burning down & houses burning, then yea there's def some nasty stuff in it.

My plants got dusted with ash a couple times during early flowering, I just gave them a gentle rinse down with water from the hose.

Are there still dudes in NorCal running the Snowcap cut from a few years back?

How long is a "few years back"?

I remember seeing snocap a lot back around 2007-ish to 2010-ish, but I haven't come across or heard about it in a long time.

Tho I did come across some Snocap shatter/sugar 2 or 3 years ago, it's been a very long time since I've seen or smoked the flower.

It is a favorite of mine for sure.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't rinse ash off your plants turns it into a sticky mess. Its best to Use a leaf blower to get most of it off.

JetLife175

Veteran
Seems like indoor prices are going down. Picked up a pack of white angel for 28. Last pack was 3. Things seem to be working out, business is booming for me.

Had a really bad run, we let a guy take over a room and fried it completely. Pulled early, polished turds pretty much and still went for 28. Demand is insane. Still getting 3-32 for the prime ones though.

packerfan79

Veteran
Had a really bad run, we let a guy take over a room and fried it completely. Pulled early, polished turds pretty much and still went for 28. Demand is insane. Still getting 3-32 for the prime ones though.

Better strike while the iron is hot. I have a bunch of equipment clutering up my garage, just waiting to do something bigger. I have a small closet grow now. That harvest is gone in days. So, I am stuck buying weed. I hate that!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread used to be a lively discussion about wholesale prices in California.

Sorry it doesnt meet your standards anymore i guess.

Ins - 27-3450 on most recent flavors
Deps - 18-2200
Outs - 15-1600

calisun

Cooked8 is that in norcal or socal. I'm in norcal and been hearing 12ish for outs but haven't brought to market yet hoping to see higher numbers

musigny23

Sorry it doesnt meet your standards anymore i guess.

Ins - 27-3450 on most recent flavors
Deps - 18-2200
Outs - 15-1600

At this point deps are still going? And if they are, why would they bring more than full season outdoor? That makes no sense at all. Yes, as of today not all full season outdoor is ready but some is, and if it was done reasonably well it should match or exceed deps for quality.

I still absolutely do not get why indoor is considered to be worth essentially double of soil/sun full season grown. Some of the worlds greatest narrow leaf types (what most people call sativa) aren't or are very rarely grown indoors. And when they are done inside, they don't match the best of the ones grown masterfully outdoors. Those types have aromas and flavors and effects not found in the super mutt hybrids. They also require some skills to grow and take longer but can deliver highs the hybrids can't touch. This pricing makes no sense.

packerfan79

Veteran
At this point deps are still going? And if they are, why would they bring more than full season outdoor? That makes no sense at all. Yes, as of today not all full season outdoor is ready but some is, and if it was done reasonably well it should match or exceed deps for quality.

I still absolutely do not get why indoor is considered to be worth essentially double of soil/sun full season grown. Some of the worlds greatest narrow leaf types (what most people call sativa) aren't or are very rarely grown indoors. And when they are done inside, they don't match the best of the ones grown masterfully outdoors. Those types have aromas and flavors and effects not found in the super mutt hybrids. They also require some skills to grow and take longer but can deliver highs the hybrids can't touch. This pricing makes no sense.

I am in so cal, I have bought great outdoor only to have it sit until I sold it at a higher price, and called it indoor. We rarely see outdoor here.

Sativa is a non starter, no one buys it.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You seem unfamiliar with the market in California. You also seem very opinionated about outdoor being the best so we can just leave it there. The top shelf stuff for the highest price is always indoor because it required more bills along the way, there is way more quality control and higher quality to be had because of the control of the environment. All of that control costs money.

Latest posts

Latest posts