What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

C

CaliGabe

I can tell you in mendo water will be an issue still, both a current lack there of, as well as potential El Niño. While we have had significant rain, ground water levels are still low and the rivers still have their dams up from last summer and will be off limits for water delivery trucks, there will be some municipal water up for delivery though not much. I doubt prices will go up, probly stay about the same, but it definitely won't be 'big' year.
A few months ago looked at commercializing my friends new well up in NorCal. It's like 100 gpm+ and the well drillers equipment maxed out. After all said and done too expensive per gallon for anything but local. Cost/time to transport wouldn't make it worthwhile for the company actually making the deliveries. We're sitting on a mountain of water lol.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its the socal farmers out in apple valley and riverside/san bernadino that are going to have the major issues. they will have to pay municipal rate for water and will be hard running 99 plant gardens in the central valley now that they got their water deliveries cut to shit.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
outdoor gardens in the areas of so cal that you mentioned are nothing in comparison to what you guys do up north, there are a few people here and there that pop something off every year but thats where a lot of the attention goes and I read about a bunch of em in the paper. water is/has been expensive down here for a while some cities are more expensive than others but that doesn't stop people from keeping huge lawns lookin awesome in a desert.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
outdoor gardens in the areas of so cal that you mentioned are nothing in comparison to what you guys do up north, there are a few people here and there that pop something off every year but thats where a lot of the attention goes and I read about a bunch of em in the paper. water is/has been expensive down here for a while some cities are more expensive than others but that doesn't stop people from keeping huge lawns lookin awesome in a desert.
this is true from my experience.. i am setting up a garden in riverside co and its kinda sketchy area for growing, both climatewise and the population. Also water is high demand and mediocre quality for the most part. Still doable though, and good outdoor fetches decent prices in the Inland Empire

I am sitting on my stuff. Cant get 2000 for my indoor sour d. Guess I dont have the right connections from reading other posts.
If your sour is good then you should have no problem getting 2k for it in most parts of cali. If not then try renaming it ;)

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
this is true from my experience.. i am setting up a garden in riverside co and its kinda sketchy area for growing, both climatewise and the population. Also water is high demand and mediocre quality
not to mention if they catch you with numbers they'll try and stretch you most likely...I've dealt with Riversides system I try and keep my ass outta Riverside

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
not to mention if they catch you with numbers they'll try and stretch you most likely...I've dealt with Riversides system I try and keep my ass outta Riverside co. not a kinda sketchy area a very sketchy area for growing.
in my case it's not my property, not my problem... just helping out a friend who wants to run 99 cuz he's struggling and just had a kid. but i agree with ya that growers should avoid that area if possible. mostly gangsters running indoor down there anyway.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran

But the snowbirds need those beautiful golf courses to stay beautiful all summer just for their winter visits LOL :ying: (Coachella Valley)

The high desert has way to high of winds and sand for a good outdoor grow imo...

And all the outdoor weed I see come from the San Jacinto Valley is dirt :/

So Cal is way behind you Nor Cal guys from what I have seen. But thats not to say nobody's doing it, just working on catching up... Plus there is still alot of fear/confusion about law enforcement here... And lets not forget about all the thieves and gangs who like to push us potheads around a bit :ying:

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
The land is so cheap in the desert i'm trying to figure it out Acton isn't too shady decent area...The dust storms only happen every 10 years or so people say in the Antelope valley and the climate isn't that different from here in LA its going to be 89 today its going to be 82 in Acton. There was a guy who did some large tree grow in Lancaster it can be done http://theavtimes.com/2012/09/12/multimillion-dollar-pot-grow-seized-in-lancaster/

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
The land is so cheap in the desert i'm trying to figure it out Acton isn't too shady decent area...The dust storms only happen every 10 years or so people say in the Antelope valley and the climate isn't that different from here in LA its going to be 89 today its going to be 82 in Acton. There was a guy who did some large tree grow in Lancaster it can be done http://theavtimes.com/2012/09/12/multimillion-dollar-pot-grow-seized-in-lancaster/

I cant speak for the Los Angeles County portion I only know the San Bernardino County side 8^)

Prices are low for a reason... I HATED it up there!!!!! LOL :comfort:

Can be done is ok but for a person doing it for a living the weather needs to be more consistent... A greenhouse setup would work... That's what I did.

Fruit trees are one thing, with a strong trunk and being able to go dormant. Pot is a tender lil thing comparatively... :ying:

If you want to see some Killer Hash Plant growing/Hash Making spots look at the south facing foothills of some of the mountain ranges down here :) Just like Afghanistan with all the eroded minerals you could ever dream of feeding your plants ;) Dry and perfect! Something Nor Cal has problems with LOL ;)

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
You can grow year round down here outdoors but getting away with it is the issue ....that's what we're trying to figure out urban carports could work especially in east la region every other yard has a enclosed carport used for storage or workshop but then theres the smell issue believe me I'm working on it. On hiding in plain sight.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You can grow year round down here outdoors but getting away with it is the issue ....that's what we're trying to figure out urban carports could work especially in east la region every other yard has a enclosed carport used for storage or workshop but then theres the smell issue believe me I'm working on it. On hiding in plain sight.

hiding in plain sight is a good plan

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I have to say I love the attention the IE is getting now :)

I just hope more and more people will push the limits here, like people have been doing for so long in Nor Cal.

So it will become a normal thing to see 25 or more large plants in almost every yard!!!!!!!

A boy can dream :moon: LOL

whatthe215

Veteran
^^ agreed. i'd love a few 20' tall solid wall 50'x100' greenhouses out there. on a huge property with 10' barbed wire fences and 20kw in security flood lighting. and turrets.... :)

soon....

great climate for whole plant hash production too i'd guess, hopefully we can follow Colorado in terms of solvent extraction laws.

Drue Bleam

^^ agreed. i'd love a few 20' tall solid wall 50'x100' greenhouses out there. on a huge property with 10' barbed wire fences and 20kw in security flood lighting. and turrets.... :)

soon....

great climate for whole plant hash production too i'd guess, hopefully we can follow Colorado in terms of solvent extraction laws.

After spending time in the woods and hills, a flat desert feels super exposed. Climate is probably perfect for some Afghani landraces though...

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
After spending time in the woods and hills, a flat desert feels super exposed. Climate is probably perfect for some Afghani landraces though...

Dont forget about our mild winters and our ability to finish long flowering sativas with little to no worries about frost :) This year the only frost we got was for 2 days last month, I have been flowering cuttings outside in a continuous rotation since October (I started a little late this year) :biggrin:

Thats not to say every winter is great... But more than not :tiphat:

Drue Bleam

Dont forget about our mild winters and our ability to finish long flowering sativas with little to no worries about frost :) This year the only frost we got was for 2 days last month, I have been flowering cuttings outside in a continuous rotation since October (I started a little late this year) :biggrin:

Thats not to say every winter is great... But more than not :tiphat:

I can dig it.:respect:

try an ozone generator for that

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
try an ozone generator for that

Will that work outdoors? Shade cloth sides like the double jj carports https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=208421 I have a couple unused ona ozone units that have been collecting dust since 08 worth a try. I don't think smell will be that big of an issue where I'm planning An illegal immigrant haven in the forgotten part of LA co I know well ,hardest part is finding a home to rent with a decent sized backyard as they go quickly (cheap rent) I have a duplex indoor going in the area.

Last edited:

ceosam

IGROWMYOWN: rippers man. they will surely come if you don't control the smell 100%... trust me --- i made a huge investment of money and time and learned the hard way

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ ditto.

look at all the indoor strains and what we got for od runs? BLUEDREAM.

i've been posting on the landrace threads the absence of commercial od strains.

customer's desires (pronounced cash crop):

bright green
frosty and/or colorful
bag smell
bud structure
potency

customers at the street level don't know jack squat about the special high effects available from landrace sativas.

they basically want dirt cheap quality hydro looking buds.

outdoors you can grow hydro looking buds. with outdoor runs in weight you can offer lower prices than the cost to produce quality indoor hydro.

outdoor strains with indoor hydro look has a tremendous future.

once growers can go direct to customers the middleman fees will be split between the growers and customers. this day is approaching and already somewhat in place in more canna progressive areas.

I think a lot of growers grow the blue dream because it is a solid all around plant. Good yields and works out doors we, gets frosty. Once that is common knowledge a lot of growers will do that strain for peace of mind.

I saw some really nice out door blue dream and cherry pie this year. I can see why they chose those strains.

Sometimes I would very much like to have my own store front to sell my stuff at the eight level but so would everyone. Then reality sets in. Then at that point it is a retail business. Gotta pay employees. Gotta deal with more bs. It's nice just to dump off on one guy and be done with it. Let the broker do the work. I did enough work growing it.