What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse 2011

doublejj

Veteran
Well folks it's about time for a start of the 2011 season. For those who don't remember there is a link to last years grow below.

I have removed all of the trees in my back yard & moved the old Costco carport greenhouse to the other side of the garage, for more sun. I spent the day putting on a new top & mesh walls. Here's a couple of pic's of the new top & new location.

This year I'm gonna give 100 gl smart pots a try. I'll be mixing dirt this weekend, so it can sit.

I have clones started indoors. They will go outside in a month or so. It's great to get started.

I'll post more as things progress. The last picture was from last seasons greenhouse

All comments & questions welcome

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• ladder greenhouse PICT0009.jpg
    ladder greenhouse PICT0009.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 3-30-11 greenhouse 001.jpg
    3-30-11 greenhouse 001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 3-30-11 greenhouse 008.jpg
    3-30-11 greenhouse 008.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 3-30-11 greenhouse 005.jpg
    3-30-11 greenhouse 005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 3-30-11 greenhouse 006.jpg
    3-30-11 greenhouse 006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 32

Endur

Veteran
What's Good doublejj,
Cant wait to see your thread rocking.
I am in the process of trying to get the Mother In law, to let me set up one.
I'm planning on running 3 plants in 100 gal Smart pots...haha

What strains are you going to run this year?
Keep It Green
Peace
Endur

E

Eatatjoes

The upgrades look great jj, I can't wait to see some huge plants this year.

doublejj

Veteran
40 bags of soil

40 bags of soil

I went & picked up 40 bags of potting soil.

Off to the worm farm tomorrow for a yard of fresh worm castings. Will get a yard of organic compost on Monday.

We are trying to hold the line at 1 brick this year, and you can see one of the 100 gl smart pots.

Good luck everyone, let's get started

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 4-1-11 003.jpg
    4-1-11 003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 4-1-11 001.jpg
    4-1-11 001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 26

doublejj

Veteran
PJ's worm farm!

PJ's worm farm!

Here's a shameless plug for PJ's worm farm in Galt, Ca, just south of Sacramento.

Mike,at PJ's was great, he showed us around & loaded the truck with fresh worm castings. The castings look great, black & rich.
I also found out that they make custom soil blends. (Maybe next year)

Here are a couple of pics from our trip to the worm farm, now I have to get them out of the truck

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 4-2-11 worm farm 006.jpg
    4-2-11 worm farm 006.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 4-2-11 worm farm 010.jpg
    4-2-11 worm farm 010.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 4-2-11 worm farm 014.jpg
    4-2-11 worm farm 014.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 22

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Excellent! Nice to see you back at it again this year. One question if you don't mind: Is that roofing material the solexx product you mentioned at the end of your 2010 thread? Looks good whatever it is.

Sorry, I had to chuckle at you wanting to hold the line on one brick. I remember you battling to try to keep the plants from over growing the roof last year. You just kept adding cinder blocks...lol, that was classic.

Anyways, good luck to you, double! Subscribed.

HB

doublejj

Veteran
Thanks guy's.

I found a site 'Fermtek' that sells greenhouse supplies. The have several types of greenhouse films. I bought enough of their 6mil, 4year 92% clear film for $27, to cover the carport. The Solexx was $350-$400 and lasts 6 years.

I also added some reinforced tape to the plastic where the zip-ties are, for strength. I used a lot more zip-ties this year & added clothesline 'rafters' to support the plastic. If this don't work I'll go with Solexx next year.

peace
doublejj

doublejj

Veteran
Thanks everyone, I'll try to keep this entertaining at least.

The castings are $200yd or $20cf, & I'll take a look at those grommets Endur, thanks.

peace
doublejj

reyes9672

you werent worried about smell at all last year with the mesh sides or someone peaking over your fence? thats my situation? i was gonnna copy your design cause i have the same type carport but not sure if i wanna do plastic down the sides also or if the mesh will smell too bad?? any help appreciated

doublejj

Veteran
Smell is the Achilles heel of this design. You get no help with smell, & those things reeked!

But to be honest, I don't think anything is gonna stop a greenhouse from smelling, without spending a lot of money.

This is more to keep the bugs, rain, & eyes off your plants, not gonna help much with the smell.

They do produce low odor strains.

Good luck man, give it a try.

peace
doublejj

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
looking awesome, tagged for this year. cant wait to see what you get outta there.

aod

O

oneeyewilly

sup bros i was wondering how hot a greenhouse like yours gets in full summer? Im in colorado and was thinking bout setting up something similar gets pretty hot later summer lots of 90 degree days thanks