What's new

who wants to see a 420 light medical grow?

dmt

Veteran
thanks for posting this thread could i ask you some questions whats the reason for bare bulbs over air cooled hoods and is that 3 phaze power from the power pole and if so how do you turn that into single phase thanks im asking because i found a great deal on a 3 phase generator and was curious if i can convert it to single phase

the bulbs will have reflectors in the veg roo, bare in the bloom rooms.

it is 3 phase power, dont know why you would want to convert to single phase? good luck with the genny, d

https://www.icmag.com/ic/member.php?u=15224@joseywales (great movie btw)

you can wire your equipment using two out of the three wires. or you can use each wire relative to neutral. If you were to go with the first option and say use the 120 and 240 degree phase shifted wires then the voltage your equipment will see is double the individual wire voltage and 90 degrees phase shifted. If your three phase generator put out 120 volts on each wire then you could run 240V equipment using this method.

Wiring Descriptions
1. 1600 amp main breaker 240V/480V with
adjustable trip and 24V DC shunt trip
2. Voltage change over board
3. 50 amp 240V branch breaker
4. 20 amp 240V branch breaker
5. 20 amp 120V branch breaker
6. 15 amp 120V branch breaker
7. 50 amp 240V twistlock receptacle
8. 20 amp 240V twistlock receptacle
9. 20 amp 120V twistlock receptacle (2x)
10. 20 amp 120V ground fault interrupter, (2x)
11. 15 amp 120V ground fault interrupter,
duplex receptacle (2x)
12. 30 amp 120V battery charger/generator
space heater receptacle
13. 30 amp 120V JWH receptacle
14. Remote start/stop contacts
15. 12.7 mm (1⁄2") ground stud
16. Load connection bus board
[6.35 mm  101.6 mm  101.6 mm
(1⁄4"  4"  4") bus bars]

so can it be wired to single phase at 220/240v im no electrician

the bulbs will have reflectors in the veg roo, bare in the bloom rooms.

it is 3 phase power, dont know why you would want to convert to single phase? good luck with the genny, d
so can you wire ballasts at 3 phase with no issues ive only ran single phase 240v thanks for the reply

dmt

Veteran
VagPuncher, I don't see this post where you mention you're a federal employee, in any case what does that have to do with anything? When I was 20 I worked for the Feds doing crop inspection for the CSGA... whoopty doo.

One grow in Alberta was busted years ago. Alberta is different, for example, the police can get a warrant 24/7 with a phone call. They get promotions for busting grows, and they don't have to name sources. My grow made the news for 5 days across the province (not nationally tho) for being the most advanced grow-op they've ever seen, there is nothing about my grow being busted that was embarrassing besides my grow employee ratting me out. I defended myself in court, and escaped with 100 hours community service, which I never did, and received no criminal record.

DMT your faith in BC's police and courts is sad. Saying that people are deported and thrown in jail for ripping grows, BS. The vast majority are NEVER EVER CAUGHT. Second, you can't deport people born here, all the gangs in Vancouver are young east indians, asians, and some blacks, all born in Canada. Even if they weren't born here, it is very hard to get deported in Canada if you came here legally, in fact, you have to get a jail term of 6 months to even be considered for deportion.

In Canada, most only serve 2/3 of their sentence. If you rob a bank, 2 years is average, street mugging sentences are even less.

Only 2/3 of robbery charges stick, 80% of those get jail time.

Recently however mandatory minimums have come into play regarding armed robbery, 4 years min I believe... so things may change.

BC has the lowest incarceration rate in Canada, 66 per 100,000 vs 129 the national average.

In BC it is well known they are soft on theft, robbery and drugs, car theft rarely gets more than a month or two.

http://communities.canada.com/vanco...laid-in-grow-rip-murder-south-of-kelowna.aspx
"So many people have been shot or killed during grow-op rips. And it is often very difficult for charges to be laid as people don't want to cooperate with police for obvious reasons."

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1547842
"Licensed cannabis Patient Derek Pedro had his house robbed of ALL of his plants and every ounce of cannabis they could find in the middle of the night while he was sleeping last nite!"

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&languageId=1&contentId=12769
"The dangers of grow-operations were highlighted with the story of a an attempted robbery of a marihuana grow-operation that was viewed in plain sight by undercover Surrey RCMP members."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Vancouver_gang_war
"Jan 22, 2009: Forty-two-year-old man wounded in an apparent robbery at Abbotsford marijuana grow-operation."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/07/23/bc-medicinal-pot-grow-rip.html
"Those who have the legal authority to grow and possess medical marijuana should be selective about who they share that information with," warned Cpl. Lea-Anne Dunlop.

That is all I'm getting at, even the police are trying to warn the co-ops. With enough information, anyone can find you.

With that aside, I'd love to grow legally... are most co-ops using high-labour, low efficiency growing methods like you? Or is it because of the sheer size you've gone with simplicity? I just expected co-ops to be using the Omega garden for example.

so based on what you are saying, so i get this right, cuz i wanna make sure :

"hydropnics is high labour and low yielding", "health canada medical growers arent protected by police or laws", "police tip off growers and rippers', "bc doesnt have the stricktest fire arm laws in canada", "u dont pay your employees and the turn there backs on you" " health canadagives out medical information to anybody upon request without the permission of the respected patient" "home invasion isnt taken seriously by police officers in bc" lol is this the point of view that you are sticking with? d

Last edited:

dmt

Veteran
the kcc is setting up a warehouse right now. and the 600w digi ballasts being used in one room pick up 70v-240v. they run off a 100 amp 208v 3 phase panel.

downstairs are 1000 w bulbs at 240v and they fire off 200 amp 208v panel. never really had any issues? d

dmt

Veteran
im not an electrician. hit up a forum on the net for wiring, there are a ton. i can only consult on grows and or my experience, and wouldnt recommend wiring something without a professional and permits, d

im not an electrician. hit up a forum on the net for wiring, there are a ton. i can only consult on grows and or my experience, and wouldnt recommend wiring something without a professional and permits, d

ya i wouldnt try it myself and the electricians i know only know about residential stuff its like im speaking chinese asking about this stuff around here thanks for the info sorry for the thread hijack

dmt

Veteran
theres an electrician thread on ic im sure. they sell jolly rodgers at green planet wholesale. they have 10 mh or hps in them. very safe and convenient for a 100 or 125 amp subpanel. d

dmt

Veteran
there are certified trade son the job doing the building, electrical and plumbing. i take over when they finish. i can consult on growing and all the components, not wiring anything illegal, we hire professionals and pull permits, d

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Most of my equipment I buy now is from rippers... altho my paranoia makes me inspect everything for tracking devices that I get from them.

Dealing with the Viets wouldn't be so bad if they were just one group, and not dozens of fiefdoms growing and ripping grows while armed to the teeth. All I'm saying is stay the F out of BC if you want to succeed, Ontario needs big co-ops more anyhow, and the Hells Angels are pussycats.

By purchasing equipment from rippers you are actively supporting them and no better.
No wonder you live in fear, buying equip from gangs and knockin HA's wow! sorry but you are being a prick...

dmt

Veteran
Ya they may cost less to run but we already sent back 6 out of 50 dual 600 digi ballasts.
Our power supply steered out choice tho. I have never found a source for magnetic growlight ballasts in 208v around here Any one know a source. also do you have a link to the Chinese company y

i cant give you my source, but i can tell you that if you need and eletrical supplies that commercial lighting caters to alot of canada, and are located in richmond bc, d

Liam

"hydropnics is high labour and low yielding"
Trees are high labour, low light efficiency... as opposed to say a Coliseum, which requires very little veg time and has some of the highest yields per watt. The Coliseum was invented for medical growers afterall.

"health canada medical growers arent protected by police or laws",
The fact people die protecting their grow-ops is proof that the police can't protect your life, the laws don't protect us because the violent aren't discouraged by either police or Canada's light sentences.

"police tip off growers and rippers'
RCMP have been infiltrated by a lot of gangs, that isn't news.

"u dont pay your employees and the turn there backs on you"
Lol, no I got majorly screwed. It was 50/50 profit sharing, but all my money and my property. I didn't discover the only reason I was charged was because he ratted me out, until months after paying our lawyers $10,000 retainer and getting a copy of his confession. The irony is that he taught me how to grow, and he told me to never say a word to police.

"health canadagives out medical information to anybody upon request without the permission of the respected patient"
The problem is our privacy laws aren't enforced, computers vulnerable etc. You know that medical marijuana delivered via Purolator has the destination and patients name visible on the package? The rippers I buy off of started that way, robbing medical patients homes, then they moved onto training dogs to find grows, and then friends in BC hydro tip them off. Police have so many grow op tips that they can't get around to investigating, so crooked police sell the info off to rippers... this is all common knowledge in Vancouver and area.

"home invasion isn't taken seriously by police officers in bc"
Actually I didn't mention home invasion, which BC is actually more strict about than the rest of Canada, still tame sentences though... however grow-ops aren't homes, they are agriculture... you should know that.

Clearly your youth hasn't faded yet... oh it will... it will. Don't be so defensive, I grow illegally, that is way more risk, but I don't advertise the size of mine and give away enough that can easily make me a target.

dmt

Veteran
Oh I had an alarm system, unfortunately when they cut the power to your house, they don't work. Although power-loss alarm and backup power isn't such a bad idea, it really never occurred to me since BC Hyrdo is quite stable. Hell, I didn't even imagine that waking up with half a dozen Viets with guns in my bedroom was possible. Honestly, telling them where my grow was saved my life, I'm pretty sure blowing a whistle is only going to piss them off.

Ripping grows is an INDUSTRY, they routinely do it, doesn't matter how much security they have, this is their PROFESSION, and the BC courts do not prosecute rippers. Most of my equipment I buy now is from rippers... altho my paranoia makes me inspect everything for tracking devices that I get from them.

Dealing with the Viets wouldn't be so bad if they were just one group, and not dozens of fiefdoms growing and ripping grows while armed to the teeth. All I'm saying is stay the F out of BC if you want to succeed, Ontario needs big co-ops more anyhow, and the Hells Angels are pussycats.

theyve never cut any power to my house, most if not all alarms that pros install always run, if you didnt tell them where your grow was, they never would have been in your bedroom, if they know cops are coming, they run, bc courts do prosecute rippers, it would be nice to keep all your gangsterish comments to yourself please, have some respect for yourself and others, and dont say anything that you wouldnt to someones face, peace d

dmt

Veteran
"hydropnics is high labour and low yielding"
Trees are high labour, low light efficiency... as opposed to say a Coliseum, which requires very little veg time and has some of the highest yields per watt. The Coliseum was invented for medical growers afterall.

"health canada medical growers arent protected by police or laws",
The fact people die protecting their grow-ops is proof that the police can't protect your life, the laws don't protect us because the violent aren't discouraged by either police or Canada's light sentences.

"police tip off growers and rippers'
RCMP have been infiltrated by a lot of gangs, that isn't news.

"u dont pay your employees and the turn there backs on you"
Lol, no I got majorly screwed. It was 50/50 profit sharing, but all my money and my property. I didn't discover the only reason I was charged was because he ratted me out, until months after paying our lawyers $10,000 retainer and getting a copy of his confession. The irony is that he taught me how to grow, and he told me to never say a word to police.

"health canadagives out medical information to anybody upon request without the permission of the respected patient"
The problem is our privacy laws aren't enforced, computers vulnerable etc. You know that medical marijuana delivered via Purolator has the destination and patients name visible on the package? The rippers I buy off of started that way, robbing medical patients homes, then they moved onto training dogs to find grows, and then friends in BC hydro tip them off. Police have so many grow op tips that they can't get around to investigating, so crooked police sell the info off to rippers... this is all common knowledge in Vancouver and area.

"home invasion isn't taken seriously by police officers in bc"
Actually I didn't mention home invasion, which BC is actually more strict about than the rest of Canada, still tame sentences though... however grow-ops aren't homes, they are agriculture... you should know that.

Clearly your youth hasn't faded yet... oh it will... it will. Don't be so defensive, I grow illegally, that is way more risk, but I don't advertise the size of mine and give away enough that can easily make me a target.

so, you still didnt answer my question "is that your point of view" lol?