What's new

Who painted the pigeons...

M

mossy

Most consistantly poten. KO'd everyone that smoked it. SOC says it is now hallucinagenic...
Nirvana Afgan :canabis:
Biggest yield. Nirvana Afgan :canabis:
Best value for money. Nirvana Afgan. :canabis:
Biggest end bud. Haze x LR. NWS. Indy. :canabis:
Best tasting bud. Mazar x LR NWS..I could die smelling her... :canabis:
Rich, Round and Spicey.. :yummy:
Best smelling bud. DITTO.. :canabis:
Best Medical bud. Lownranger. NWS :canabis:

PERSONAL FAVOURITE bud. Mazar x LR INDY. NWS.. :canabis: :canabis: :canabis: :canabis: :canabis:
right from the start..
Happy, trippy, mind racing high..where everything in the world is rosey..and you love everyone...it stopped the pain..and I could work through it. Most MMJ tends to be total couch-lock.. :joint:

G

Great report mossy. Not to mention the nice stash!! Can't believe its almost Christmas again. Time to chow down all of that lovely fruit cake :woohoo: (Not without a ton of butter slapped on it :yummy: ) Happy Holidays :wave:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread Mossy! Lots of great shots! I love your transplanting method! I've done that before and they were fine with a nice rain.

Vermiculite is a compressed clay mineral that has been steam treated to expand.
It has large nutrient holding (CEC-Cation Exchange Capacity) and water holding capacities as well as adding to drainage.

With adding sugars to the soil, to tell you the truth, I think its a bad idea. The plant's obviously not able to use the sugar its self. Some of the bacteria that eat it could be disease causing. I don't know what kind of bacteria benefit the plant that eats sugars in the soil. Nitrogen fixing bacteria that add N to the soil feed on organic humus and ammonium. I've yet to hear the targeted bacteria that would benefit the plant and get energy from molasis/sugars.

Mycorrhizae fungus (root fungus) which forms symbiosis with plant by growing into and around root cells feeds from the plant's sugars. It helps by shielding the roots from infection of disease causing organisms and grows out into the soil, increasing the absorbing area of the roots for water and some nutrients.

I'll do some searching and see if I find anything......

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.wormdigest.org/content/view/311/2/
----------------------

"CAUTIONS AND POSSIBLE PROBLEMS

There may be potential human or environmental hazards from vermicompost teas, particularly those prepared from animal wastes, due to the human pathogens such as coliform bacteria, Salmonella, human enteric viruses, and helminth ova that they could contain. This hazard could be multiplied if carbon substrates such as molasses or sugars were added during their preparation. Such teas applied to soils as plant growth stimulants or to suppress root dis eases would probably present few human hazards, but they certainly would if used as foliar sprays on edible crops. As such, this should be avoided at all costs, as has been recommended by the Compost Tea Task Force Report to the National Organic Standards Board."
-------------------------------------------------

http://www.txplant-soillab.com/page28.htm
http://www.txplant-soillab.com/page29.htm

"Sugars relating to plant functions for Maximum Economic Production

ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS that affect when and how much sugar to use:
a. How much nitrate is in the soil, and plant sap (petiole test).
b. Soil moisture conditions. e. Wind
c. Sunlight intensity. f. Fruiting stage / load
d. Temperature. g. Growth / vigor [shade lower leaves]
The right amount at the right time can improve fruiting and produce normal plant growth with less attraction for disease and insects.
Needed for healthy plants - fruit production - plant development & maturity.

Roots take nutrients from the soil and transport them up the stalk thru the petiole (stem) to the leaves where the sunlight aids the production of photosynthates (sugars are not the ONLY product of photosynthesis) carbohydrates (C, H & O), principally glucose (C6H12O6) and then other sugars and photosynthates are formed.
Plant Sugars and other photosynthates are first translocated (boron is essential to the translocation) to a fruiting site. If fruit is not available, the sugars, along with excess nitrates, spur the rapid vegetative growth of the plant at the expense of creating fruiting bodies (first sink) for the storage of the sugars. Once the proper balance of environmental factors (heat units, light intensity, soil moisture, nutrient balance, etc) are met the fruiting buds form and then fruit formation gets the first crack at the sugar supply.
Any excess sugars are then translocated to the number two sink, (growing
terminals,) to speed their growth. The left-over sugars, etc then go to the
number 3 sink, (the roots,) to aid their growth. Here the new root hairs take up
nutrients to help continue the cycle of sugar and other photosynthate
production, fruiting, growth of terminals and roots.

ADDED SUGARS CAN AID THE PLANT IN SEVERAL WAYS:
- MOLASSES is probably the best outside source of many sugars, such as table
sugar, corn syrup and several more complex sugars such as polysaccharides
found in humus products.
- Sugar can be added to the soil in irrigation water, drip & pivot being the most
effective.
* In the soil it can:
- Feed microbes to stimulate the conversion of nitrates to the
more efficient NH2 form of N to synthesize protein more directly by the
plants.
- The roots can directly absorb some of the sugars into the sap stream to
supplement the leaf supply to fruit where it is most needed, and ALSO
directly feed the roots for continued productive growth.
- This ADDED sugar can also help initiate fruiting buds in a steady-slow
fashion while maintaining normal growth.
-EXCESSIVE amounts of ADDED SUGARS applied foliarly can shock the
plant resulting in shortened growth internodes, increased leaf maturity &
initiation of excess fruiting sites. This can be a short term effect lasting only
a few days. Pollination, soil moisture, nutrient balance and sufficiency as
well as adequate light for photosynthate production decide how much of
the induced fruit can mature."
--------------

"Sugars relating to plant functions for Maximum Economic Production

* ADDED SUGARS can be beneficial when:
# Nitrates are excessively high in the soil and plants
- SOIL - The NO3 form of N must be converted to the NH2 form for the
development of protein N for the plant to properly assimilate. The conversion
requires energy so the plant's supply natural of carbohydrates (sugars) is
utilized at the expense of better fruit development. Adding extra sugars to the
soil supplies energy for the soil microbes to convert the nitrate so that the
naturally produced sugars in the leaves do not have to be wasted supplying
energy for the photosynthesis processes in the leaves, but then can directly
support producing fruit.
- Also, roots can utilize the extra sugars for their normal growth and plant
functions, especially when the leaves are not producing adequate sugars for
fruit, root and shoot growth, which causes plant cut-out.
- Sugars can be added to the soil in water and fertilizers.

- PLANT - Sugars applied foliarly to the plant are utilized much faster than soil
applied, and there can be a shock effect if overdosing occurs. Sugars can be
directly assimilated into the photosynthesis process occurring in the leaf,
speeding maturity and producing more natural sugars. This reaction occurs
within hours of application and fades in a 5-10 day window. It supplements
the Naturally produced sugars and excess is transported to the fruit
producing areas to initiate fruiting buds or supply fruit development: excess
then goes to the growth terminals to sustain new growth and future fruiting
sites: the remaining sugars go to the roots to sustain their new growth. (Young
root hairs take up most of the phosphate which show up in the sap with the
petiole phosphate tests thus predicting plant cut-out).

# Cloudy days and low sunlight intensity - reduces natural sugar production causing
less fruit set or sloughing young fruit, longer space between nodes and fewer
fruiting buds.

# Source of energy food for beneficial soil microbes. Microbes existing on soil
organic matter can multiply faster when there is an abundant energy supply.
Sugars supply energy for rapid microbial decomposition of raw organic matter
and thereby release plant nutrients, and conversion of nitrates to the organic
form amine nitrogen (NH2) that can be directly and efficiently assimilated.

# Prevent leaf burn from repeated foliar sprays - Carbon (carbohydrates) buffers the
caustic effect of many chemical nutrients and pesticides. Sugars, humus
compounds, Urea and other carbon-containing compounds can protect leaf
surfaces from damage and increase efficacy; must use proper amounts!

* This is an oversimplification of very complex biological plant functions based on many published articles and on many trial & error crop-log petiole programs on hundreds of fields across thousands of acres."

M

mossy

Phew Pipeline, Thanks for the information. :yes:
That will give me something to read today...
Cheers Friend.

HKSkyline

Good read on sugars Pipe :yes:
Looks like you have a nice wake n bake there Wamen :bongsmi:
How is everyone this morning?

Last edited:

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
hey HKS.. i got a mothafuggin bad ass cold these days.. staight beer , marijuana and aspirin is my recipie..lool

M

mossy

Yeah, I got the flaming thing as well..
The Only thing that would stop the night coughing..was the brown sugar.. :D
believe it or not.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
mossy i may be making some nirvana order's. i know for sure i want their version of jack herrer aka jock horror. look's damn frosty and potent. but im torn on what i should ask for a freebie. ive really been considering ak48 but a strain that finishes in september would be awesome.

Good info pipeline. i strongly support the use of molasis but ive heard of people over using it. a table spoon per gallon of water every couple week's seems like a good amount to use.

Wamen suck to hear you got a cold man. i'd switch to orange juice and vodka. :chin:

M

mossy

Yeah smOke. I have heard nothing but good reports about Jock Horror, opinion says that it is Better than Jack Herrer..I was just reading about it recently. I have also read a lot of threads questioning the Nirvana genetics..but I have to say..they get 100% off me. Both the Afgan and the Bubbleicious were excellent.
I was going to ask Zerves if he had any Afgan seed still kicking about...but..
the Friend that gave you some 500 gramme super yielders..thinks that he has a couple spare for me...so we could both be running the same genetics next year :woohoo:
Actually..on more than 1 type..if you consider what is in the post...
:listen2: Aggghhh, smOke, think of the second cross I mentioned..biggest end bud...crossed with best tasting..and personal favourite bud.. :canabis:
That has to be included in your schedule..it should be Da Bomb.. :yummy:
2 x LR grandparents..good for stealth..haze and maz..good for getting bombed :canabis:
The Indy Haze had a 69g end bud..and weighed in at just under 1 Kilo wet...and because of the lows..it is a fast finisher.

Last edited:
M

mossy

SEE what I bought my Girls for christmas....
20 Euros at Lidl..
it weighs up to 3 Kilos in grammes..I am ambitious.. :D
Meaty..SOC ordered a christmas cake yesterday..and managed to beg some Wensleydale cheese to go with it..
Unfortunately..although I have a cast-iron stomach..christmas cake/pudding is too rich for me and gives me acid..After Eight Mints don't though :yummy:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I went to a head shop after looking at scales online, a certain brand was $20 online and $80 in the store! I bought this one online, quite accurate as you can see (a nicle weighs 5.0 grams I read somwhere), it cant weigh a lot at a time though, 150g max.

Last edited:
M

mossy

Smart scales..and damn good for the price.
I hate being ripped off on price. Like you I tend to check on-line first.
Do you have anything nice to smoke for christmas Deft?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Just the half of the micro grow (left jar) and most of what I got from a failed outdoor plant (right jar). Wondering now if I have enough time to do a micro grow inside before I need to start seed for outside. I want another micro beacuse I wont have enough to tide me through summer on what is left and to make some seed with the durban seeds I have left.

Edit: theyre both from mix packs like 007 and MMM.

Last edited:
M

mossy

WAMEN..I had a word with our Missing Friend..see if he had an update for you after you enquired.
He sounds like Crap..he has this bug too..
He has his next court appearance V shortly..and he is not looking forward to it as you can imagine. He is trying hard to get a job..he has been told that it may help his sentence...but no-one seems to be taking on this side of christmas.
Part of his probation is that he has to take pee tests every week..so he cannot even take anything to ease the fear.
His legal guy has quoted him V frightening estimates on the time he may have to serve..so things are not looking good :badday:
Do you know..and this still makes me SPIT..the courts let a RAPIST out..on LESS bail than Our Friend..a bloody Rapist..the US system should hang it's head in SHAME.