What's new

White Widow Grow

Mibri

imnotcrazy said:
I don't know if you read the post I made in your othe thread, but you should take more than one cut from each plant to insure survival.
Yes i read it, m8. I'm gonna wait just 2 days or so. Think it'll very difficult to bend them down right now. I'll do it one of these day, and then take 2 clones from each from the bottom instead.
Today i'm gonna make the trays ready in the flowering room. (just need the black paint, and some mylar.
Then it wont be long till im ready to go flowering.
By the way. The reason why i have 8 plants and only 6 White Widow is some bonus seeds i got from White Label. I'm pretty sure it'll be some good plants - just hate that i don't know what strain they are. I figured i could recognize them from the catalogue once they flower.
:wave:

Mibri

Here's the 27 day's update. The plants are growing nicely, and i tied them down as recommended.

I'm having some def. Here. Getting help from infirmery:

The Ebb&Flow system for the flowering is going to be even better than i dared hoping :woohoo:

I got more pictures of this on the Eb&Flow thread

What u think guys? It's really nice with some feedback - keeps me going

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Tie down looks good, what is that a veg/mom cab they're in? If so start to "bonsai train sooner and I don't fill the pot to the brim with rocks right away that way the bend is below the medium and the first set of branches that form my mums are within 1/2" or so of the top of the medium saving much vertical space.

Mibri

Sounds like a great idea, Imnotcrazy. I'll remember that for my Jackbabies. It's a room outside in an outside building. I just put a couple of walls up for a flowering room. I actually have a lot of space for veg. but only use this 4xlamp for now. I'll put one more of these lamps under the rag these plants are on. This is for the future mothers of my different strains and maybe for the clones before going upstairs.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Yeah, but I meant where you are vegging, looks like there is not much distance from top of pot to light fixture.

Mibri

oh yes, i didn't describe that very well. The Veg. room is also in same room of flowering. I just put the table for the tray in a nice hight of a meter, and got yet another meter to grow the plants. I can just raise that lamp

Mibri

Hi again, guys
Little update on the Widows. I tied them down a bit further today after tying them down yesterday;

I like this one. It's the one with the thickest stem.

Is this one too stretchy to be a keeper? It'll go to the flowerroom, but think that'll be that for this baby.

Here's a couple of pics from the room to make you an idea of the size and design:

Here's from todays feeding. Just put in some more h2o2 to the water

Oh - and i put the Jack Herer seeds in water today. Can't wait anymore now. Really like their new seed packets. Makes it hard to copy, right?:

Nice looking. Makes it a bit more delightfull to pay that much for seeds, right?
Have fun u happy growers!

Mibri

Hi guys
My Widows are really starting to put out more sidebranches after training them.
Is watering them once a day too much u think. They don't get completely dry, but are in rockwool.
Would these buckets be too small for finishing flowering in'em? Should i get them something bigger? If i'm gonna sog the plants, these should be okay, right?
c'mon give me some feedback! I need your opinions for my first grow

The flowering room is getting ready, just need to buy mylar. (for some reason i didn't get a salary the last months, maybe it'll be better if i start working again) just like this better.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mibri

Does anybody know if it would be good to veg. my widows in the flowerroom for a couple of weeks (untill taking clones) I mean.. will the plants veg. okay under the 600w hps that is bought for flowering, or am i better of letting them stay under the fluors until they're ready?
Also, does the water in the Ebb&Flow need to get up and soak the rockwool or is it okay to just soak the roots and leca? The rockwool is just somewhat high in the buckets, so i need to floooooood before reaching it.

Mibri

Wooooaw!!! Never seen a 600w hps before. This is like being on the beach. I can understand why plants like this light, phew!

Tokabowl

Hi Mibri,
Yes the plants will veg just fine under the 600 hps, just make sure the light is far enough from the tops (40cm min) as it is much more powerful than those fluoros. In fact if your transferring them from the fluoros to the 600, you should put the light 1 metre above the tops and bring it down gradually everyday so they get used to the intensity of the light...
As for the watering schedule/amount and pot size, I'm afraid I cant really help since Ive never grown in hydro or ebb&flow, but imo, take this with a grain of salt, I'd say the rockwool doesnt need to be soaked. In fact I believe the rockwool musnt be soaked constantly, or at least have time to dry out between the floods, otherwise it could end up rotting the stalk thats inside it...
Again thats only my soil grower opinion, Im sure someone with the appropriate ebb&flow/hydro knowledge will pop in and point you in the right direction...

Hope this helps,
keep up the good work and good luck,

Peace

:joint:

Mibri

Hi Tokabowl.
Thank u very much. I just put them under there, and i think they like it. There's at least 1m20cm now. I'll lower the lamp a bit every day -like sunshine, i love it.
Hehe, i'm only used to grow outdoors too. Directly into mother earth. Makes some monsters out there don't it?. But this is gonna be my new winter hobby - just great fun. Here are a coup of pics. The Ebb&Flow is just drying the connection till tomorrow, and the 1st tray will be ready to go.
The hozes are not gonna stay there. Getting downstairs when silicone is dry tomorrow:

Here's a regenerated flowered male Northern Lights #5 x Haze - I'm gonna use him for some seeds on the Jack Herers i think:
Before regenerating - pretty sad looking fella:

It's ALIIIIIIVE!

Hard to make the colors right. There's almost no blue light to work with.

stealthballer

Jack is already a 4x maybe 3x cross I believe you may want to use the male on the white widow if you can. Genetic variation is great when have the time and space to grow 20 plants out in a search for a mom. It can be a burden too for just the same reasons.

Mibri

Hmm you're probably right. The small guy is just the only i have left of an original pack of sensiseeds, so i have difficulty in throwing him away. He is representing the 135€ i spend on the seeds, hehe. The widows are feminized seed, so probably wont be any males in that pack - leaving me with this lonely guy. I i crossed him and grow maybe 20 seeds from this multi multi cros, shouldn't i be able to find something really nice in that. I could just keep growing the clones from widow and jack, just find breeding could be fun. There would be a huge variety of phenos from that cross, don't u think?

stealthballer

yes the variaton would be pretty overwhelming. I suspect with time you would find something special and end up with a clone mother you are in love with and is your's alone. Be cautious of willy nilly pollen dispersal as you may ruin a good crop but end up with thousands of seeds. Fans are not your friend when males are involved. It may in all honesty take more than 20 seeds to find something you really like. Breeders grow out hundred of plants to find the traits they desire so it is a rather large undertaking but rewarding in the end. And yes breeding to me is more fun than clones any day of the week, just most don't have the time or space to do it justice.

Mibri

Hehe, great. Sometime in the future i could grow 20 seed - find my favourite mum and save her. Then grow another 20 seeds the same way, and keep the bes, then compare them. Guess that would work.
Yes i'll be very carefull not to spread the pollen. Seen on many outdoors grows, how bad it can be.
But I have these two trays for flowering now, so ill grow my regular widows and jacks in one and do sog with phenos in the other when that time comes. First i need to find me some nice mums from the seedlings im working with here.

G

Great job man, I plan on growing some one day. I love 600 HPS, it is so bright huh? How long willyou veg?

Mibri

Hi Flamengo. I don't know why you aren't growing now, but i can say, that it's the greatest fun i've had for years. I've been growing outdoors, but this is just something else. Much more control. Sun's always shining in my room.
I tell you, when i turned on that light, man. Amazing. I though a working light was pretty sharp, but this one just blows it away, WHAAAM! Let there be light!
I'm actually just gonna veg till i can cut of two clones from each. Then i'll find the best keeper and clone here. They have vegged for 4 weeks yesterday, and my guess is one more week till i turn it 12/12 - maybe two weeks. Depends of what size they have in a week. I wanna fill the tray up with bud. I also have the first 3 Jack Herer pupping up. Last 13 also showed their growtips, so the seeds are definately good and not old ones. Guess i'll have most of them showing off tomorrow, and the rest in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Latest posts