What's new

White Rhino

Bafo

WR Bud
2ndbatch030rb2.jpg

droopy

I'm making an update after my post (WR Nirvana growed under 400W HPS, post 100, 2 posts above).

It turns out that among the 4 WR I had, only one turned out to be a female (the one bottom right in my post 100, with tiny shiny leaves/very dense).
I took some pollen from one of the male too.

Pictures in post 100 were taken on january 5, I switched the female to 12/12 on january 25, and here it is at 5 weeks and a half (38 days).
It keeps being quite dense with leaves that seem quite smaller compared to the other WR posted in this thread.
It's 24 inches tall (above the soil).

That might be odd, but I find that it has been quite slow to start growing, but has growed quite exponentially during flower (at day 38 now, it doesn't seem to stretch anymore).
The clones I made from it seem to be quite slow to grow for now (well, not a surprise anyway).
I don't see trichomes yet (so it seems to be quite slow forming flowers as well... I might have to cut it past week 9 or 10 maybe with an expected wet/fresh weight of 250 grams/half a pound ).

Your opinions and comments are welcome (What kind of pheno is that ? It looks different from the other WR I see in this thread -might be wrong- with leaves much thinner and quite more shiny)
:rasta:

I'll update the pics in 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:

droopy

Update : 1 more week since my previous post.

That's now 6 1/2 weeks/47 days under 12/12.
It stretched one more inch (now 25 above soil) and lateral branches keep stretching.
Buds keep forming veeerrryyy slowly but everything is very dense (nice counterpart to the slowness though).

Under the exact same conditions, I have too a nirvana papaya which is forming buds really quickly.

Damn, I got nothing to smoke and I won't chop before 4 or 5 more weeks, lol !

Last edited:

droopy

Update : 6 days after previous post (Nirvana white rhino, weird sativa pheno).

She's now 53 days since it went on 12/12.
It's keeping on stretching both in height & lateral branches (now 28 inches above soil : gained 3 inches in 6 days).
There still are no trichomes yet (note : I'm growing too a papaya in the same room, that I started long after the white rhino, and the papaya is covered with trichomes with just 2 or 3 weeks to go), but there are a few hairs that have already turned red/orange.

Internodal space is very short (like down to 2 or 3 millimeters), leaves keep being very sativa (thin, but tiny. That's weird to me).

I hope the branches will sustain the buds weight (when they'll finally appear !) but I have an oversized fan blowing constantly at it, so it should be ok.

Day 21 of flower, Nirvana White Rhino.

250 Watt soil grow, Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Grow and Bloom.

Mine is a more regular WR than yours Droopy - much less sativa looking.

droopy

(follow-up) Nirvana White Rhino from seed, -weird- sativa pheno, 10 weeks under 12/12.

Well, I'm giving an update about the plant I posted above.
That's now 10 weeks exactly since I switched to 12/12.
Hairs keep coming out more and more but there are no trichomes yet (I don't have light leaks since I already harvested a papaya I started after this one).

This sativa pheno is a bit like another sativa pheno posted on the danish forum (see last picture in the OP here : http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=83072&page=1 ) but the leaves of my plant are much smaller.

Some leaves are curly but that's not a temperature problem (having 60F/15C in the room and even some lower leaves are curly)... I might check the pH sometime.

Since last picture, I did again a LST, to open the plant in its center like a flower does (and yes, it's not very esthetic), that might have been a mistake since the edges get less light and that's where there is more density, but well, maybe will this allow lower buds to catch up with the heighest ones... (I'm a newbie by the way).

I've had too a bug infestation but it has been treated for good.

Internodal spaces keep being very short (like 1/10 of an inch).

Well, 10 weeks now under 12/12 and a few more weeks to go (4 or 6 more weeks ?) .... For what results ? For how many trichomes ? For which weight ? For which effects ?
I'll update this in about two weeks.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

ZoSo

Droopy, that plant is going to flower forever.

I'm guessing it's some rare pheno. Hopefully the smoke will be killer.

MadCow

Kill that thing!! I've had some phenos of SSH look like that and I called them the moss pheno but when i go from seed now if I see see those tall long internodes and the plant tripling its size in 3 days I just kill the damn thing!! It will never develop correctly. I hope it is rare beacuz it sucks to have 15 foot tall, 16 week flowering, half ounce yielding crap phenos!! Im not trying to bag on your plant just that specific pheno type, I really do dislike them. For the record Ive grown out Nirvanas WR, and GreenHouse WR (1999-2000), and the 3 times ive done the NWR everytime they were crap. I know people claim to have gotten real nice stuff off them but 3 packs all crap for me. GreenHouse WR was the real deal it was top 10 ive ever had the pleasure to grow. Cant speak for them today though, id go with Shanti for any of the old Greenhouse offerings!! Good luck on your next grow man.

deimos_

Wow that is weird looking, at first I was thinking that is that even a cannabis ?

Good luck droopy, I hope it dont fight back if you try to kill it

droopy

:muahaha:

Lol, at least this plant is making me laugh before I chop it (already a good point !).
Of course, I won't kill it (I'm revegging a papaya, and the only other clones I have come from this "Moss" White Rhino, lol).
At least, I won't be deceived whatever happens and my only possible contribution to this forum -considering my close to 0 experience- is to grow it 'til the end.

I promess to post again when the first trichome appears (if I'm still alive by then : right now I'm in my early 40s, there's hope !).

It's just too bad I have nothing to smoke right now and I'm waiting... waiting... waiting (can't even pre-taste it now since I'm growing chemical style).

I'll keep posting about it (it will contribute to the subject "weird nirvana phenos").

Last : Since my username is Droopy : "You know what ? I'm happy !"

:jump:

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHITE RHINO (GREEN HOUSE SEED CO.)

WHITE RHINO (GREEN HOUSE SEED CO.)

here are the main development stages of the WR indoors

container: 65 litres
medium: rockwool flakes (medium size)
system: open hydro
watering: manual
flowering: 8 weeks
pH grow: 5.5
pH flower: 5.8-6.2
EC grow: 1.0-1.5
EC flower: 1.5-2.3
flush: every 14 days, final week 3 times

WR01.jpg

WR02.jpg

WR03.jpg

WR04.jpg

WR05.jpg

WR06.jpg

:joint:

K

Kameleon

franko your plant is wonderfull. It looks very healthy.
Which nutrients do you use?

MadCow

That rhino looks identical to mine from around 2000 Franco!! I do miss it so!! It truly is a killer plant no doubt about it so so killer!! So was the GWS from around then, even better actually.

Droopy sorry bro but it will never finish!! I feel bad for ya but i hope you know its not your fault its 100% that plants genetics!! I had 3 of their bubblegums do that same thing!! 7 foot tall crazy never flowering crap monsters!! To be fair to Nirvana though Ive also had some good Blue Mystics, couple nice Afghanis, One nice AK-48 and some killer Aurora Indica!! Ive had nothing but horrible W. Rhino from them!! :confused: Its all good though keep at it my friend but if i were you i would buy some new seed stock and kill all plants and clones that look like that cuz you will be wasting your very valuable time my freind, good luck on all things. MadCow

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kameleon said:
franko your plant is wonderfull. It looks very healthy.
Which nutrients do you use?

thanx Kameleon!

I keep testing nutes, gotta keep updated with all the new stuff.....

but this one was done with old school General Hydroponics of Holland 3 components hydro.

:joint:

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if White Rhino is a knock off of White Russian?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays !!

Pirate

doktoren

Pirate: I dont think it is.. White Russian is a cross with AK47 x WW(Or the other way around :D) i'm not sure what White Rhino is WW x North american indica off some kind. But dont hold me up on that.... :d

Here's my WR, its from a little danish seedbank.

Two different phenoes

Dok

Last edited:

Minion

Pirate said:
I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if White Rhino is a knock off of White Russian?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays !!

Pirate

Doesn't matter, a great thread needs bumped every once in a while. This is pretty much THE White Rhino thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts