What's new

Which northern lights would you breed with?

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
There is the nl #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#100,#10 million and so on.

Which would you go with and why?

Trying to find a real good breeding male to dust my crosses and other strains with. I want to see how the northern lights will do BUT with the many variations and never growing northern lights besides a sensi star x northern lights I am clueless.

:1help:

Sister Sara

#5.

Read many good things about it. Haven't read as much good about the others. Of course, that may not mean much. In the end, it may be of more importance which brand you get (GHS, etc.). Seems like there is some confusion about the genetics from each breeder to the next.

you can't go wrong with Dr. Atomic Northern Lights

you can't go wrong with Dr. Atomic Northern Lights

have tried dozens of various strains over the last 9 years, overall, for me, this strain is #1. purchased 40 from Kind Seed, 10 at a time, in 2003 and 2004. 100% germination rate for me. seeded an F2 generation in 2006, gave away hundreds of seeds. germinated the last 6 seeds of F2 generation in June, 3 or 4 seem to be males, will clone each one, use the one I like best to pollinate more Dr. A's NL as well as all of my other females. for my methods, this strain clones easily. saw yesterday Kind Seed has a Dr. Atomic Northern Lights #5 also available, which grows to only 2 or 3 feet tall. will order a pack of the #5 very soon to seed an F2 #5 generation, as well as seed original Dr. A's NL and my other females. why don't you get a pack of each if you can afford to. best investment in cannabis genetics you can make, based on my experience. keep on rockin' in the free world.

D

danny karey

Northern Lights#5 from BCSC. There's is from old school lines, Don't have any pics but I did a grow off of Dr Atomics a nd BCSC and BCSC won hands down, alot more stable than Dr Atomics.

Seriously, go with BCSC Northern Lights #5 even Rez says it's the best NL strain available.

Danny

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've dabbled with Northern Light [High Quality Seeds] before,,, see Saxon Axe link below for some info. ... hope this helps... :canabis:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I had the saxon axe as well and dug it, lost my girl during a clone but loved her. Maybe I will pick up all the Norther Lights that I can and see what works best for me. An investment for sure and getting about a grand in seeds is a drop in the bucket when you think of the end results.

Just seeing if one will stand out over others, many talk up the #5 all over the place BUT will get a few versions and see what I like and go from there.

Any other thoughts, suggestions and ideas please post them up.

Saxon axe is some good stuff.

igrowone

Veteran
Coincidently, just harvested a nl#5 today. Seed was from highgrade-seeds, but the results I got sounded very similar to BCSC. If you want solid bud for a trait, this is the beast to choose. Really puts out for you. That, and very potent kick. I've only smoked the trim while waiting for the bud to cure. Tell you the truth, the trim isn't far from 1 hit weed.

ndnguy

Northern Lights#5 from BCSC. There's is from old school lines, Don't have any pics but I did a grow off of Dr Atomics a nd BCSC and BCSC won hands down, alot more stable than Dr Atomics.

Seriously, go with BCSC Northern Lights #5 even Rez says it's the best NL strain available.

Danny
BINGO!!

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
P-91 is the only NL cut I would use to breed with. Very stable and everything I look for in NL is there.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
#5 or any recognised crosses ....... I've grown NL for over 20 yrs and #5 is always the best

there is some variety in Dr. Atomic NL.....

there is some variety in Dr. Atomic NL.....

.....that is why I like it for seeding. my selected male will pollinate any Dr. A's NL females in the garden, as well as other females. if I get 3 Dr. A's NL females, I will continue seeding in subsequent generations. from female A's seeds I will select a male to pollinate females from plant A only. from female B i will select a male from her seeds to seed females from plant B's seeds, same for females C, D, etc. Dr. Atomic breeds from 2 parallel lines, using a male from one line to pollinate females from the other line, hence the variety of phenotypes in his Northern Lights. this works well for my seeding purposes. thanks to all of the other contributors of this thread, yesterday I just had to order a pack of Dr. Atomic Northern Lights #5. will use these to seed an F2 generation of #5, and will use the selected #5 male to seed cuttings of some HUGE specimens growing outdoors. should get some fine reults in the F1 generation here, since the parents are at opposite ends of the size and structure spectrum. you are wise to invest in many different lines. Luther Burbank would grow out 500,000 seeds to find 2 suitable parents for his F1 hybrid experiments. keep on rockin' in the free world.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Danny

:yeahthats What he said although i havent grown it but i remember asking REZ this exact question and he said BCSC NL#5...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sensi Seeds BV still manage some of the best NL lines available,, the corner stone of some of the worlds best dope ! :joint:

ace

Danny

A big +1 on BCSC NL genetics.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Greek myth,, the wren was king of birds. It won the race to fly the highest,, cause it hitched a lift on an eagle's wing :chin:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you people are obsessed with rez. fuck has he done aside from stand on the shoulder of giants
why ya gotta hate on rez? He is a good dude to spread good genetics around, in this hostile semi legal environment. He breeds those good genetics to be even more outstanding, and passes them along to the world.:2cents:

Oh ya, and I would go with NL #1. The old school one.:2cents:

bartmanuk

Danny

northern lights#5 is clone only, anyone claiming to be selling nl#5 seeds is an outright liar.

BM :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts