What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Lamps for LED grow Man?

Dion

well don't i look a fool, for double the price and a third more watts its possible to grow weed.

whats your highest gram per watt on those ugly looking plants?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well don't i look a fool, for double the price and a third more watts its possible to grow weed.

whats your highest gram per watt on those ugly looking plants?

The SE 220 (replaced with SE 250 @ $745) was $695 for a properly designed panel with a 3 year warranty and excellent customer support. So for less than $3/w no tools, assembly required.

Not all of us wish to DIY, although I must say the kit that Growmau has developed is tempting (sold through Cutter) FYI a 4 CoB kit is $601.95, plus tax, shipping. You also need a frame (plus parts to build and assemble frame) wiring, power cord...

IMHO, GPW is a useless gauge, unless one is comparing identical plant/s grown in identical conditions (light system, room temp, RH, nutrients, air flow/exchange...) BUT where only ONE parameter changes to make GPW comparison

I do not recall what dry bud (or Larf) weight was. Pretty sure is was > 100gms of bud, at $10/gm the panel more than paid for itself (but this was easily a $15/g product), AND I was only growing ONE plant under it

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
I've always been pleased with Advanced LED's results. Their new modular XTE lights cover a lifetime warranty--I just talked to kyle and he said they will send you parts for as long as they are in business. That is a warranty that is tough to beat. I've used the DS lights for awhile with good results and will eventually buy some XTE400's when I get a chance.

That means you never have to put forward any cash toward lighting for quite awhile, if ever. I don't know of any other LED company offering that type of warranty.

picture.php

Another brand I've used and enjoy is Growblu (Apollo), but not fully satisfied because it has a lot more wattage for the same coverage area. Plus the 60 degree lens is a bit too focused.
Those are nice. Those are grown with advanced lights only?