What's new

Which cheese hybrid is better?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
it can only really be big buddah if you want as close to the original cheese clone, because their basically the cats that started it

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
really? surely its the nearest to the original? didnt he sort of start this, or is he struggaling to homogenise the line?

BB cheese is the best bud i have ever grown, though i never grew the UK version, i will continue to grow BB cheese from greenhouse

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd imagine trying to capture that Cheese Terpine, stabalised in a seedline would be like trying to do the rubix cube bliindfolded, need alot of luck,
Big Buddah would of tested each backcross intensely, and obviously by the time he got to the 5th he would of either got it as close as he thinks possible or got sick of trying and moved on :yes:,
Don't know why he decided to outcross to an Afghan tho?:chin:, if it was me i would of just crossed it to a common Skunk #1 cause even if it was crossed to a recent batch of Skunk #1 that terpine is still locked within there (even although it's rare it's still there),
i think crossing it to an afghan is a safe bet for 'guaranteed stinky offspring', but i still would kept it skunk through and through, looking for da funk? stick wiv the Skunk:canabis:

peace

:yeahthatsExactly i have always thought that and why hasnt anyone done this yet??

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BB cheese is Lovely Puff but is Not Very close to the cut...Buddah obviously thought the cheese terpenes came from the Afgan in Sk1 aka Cheese....I'm not so sure..
As far as BXing anything 5 times that is Not how you Stabilise such a trait at all...BB Cheese is pretty Vigorous Weed so I have Trouble believing this 5BX tale.....All multiple BXing does is bottleneck and confuse to the point of Vigourless Runts,Please try if U dont believe me...I have personally wasted a lot of Breeding time in my Less-experienced Past with all that BXing Rubbish and It never got me anywhere fast. I x BX Is enough to fix a trait if you can find it and anymore than 2 already starts making Weaklings IMHO.
The Way I would Play it Would have been to Outcross to a few Sensi or Sam Skunk1 Boys that reek...take Kids to f3 or 4 and then do 1 backcross to the original Mum with the best progeny tested(With crosses back to Mum for testing) Boy of that F3/4 bunch.If you dont get close by F4 then you ain't gonna find it in F99(Large plant numbers would be most Important for the project). I'm not saying It will deffo work as Cheese is a bit of a Sport mutant according to those who know best...Which means you are not only lookin for one trait(needle)amongst Many(Haystack) but for a flukey 1 in 1000 or more trait as well.
Probably more likely to find the same Terpenoids in a Plant that looks totally Different to the Beloved Fromage Cut...You just need to grow out a lot of Progeny to come close to it without masses of Luck Probably.
The great thing is it does make some Lovely crosses so its not the end of the world if its not stabilised as a seedline.
Apparently SensiSeeds have a Mum of the Real cut so maybe they will have some older Skunk1 stocks to look for the Ideal male Cheese.....It came from Sensi so maybe it Should've been theres to release as a line before anyone else Earn't a packet out of it....Thats If SamS wasn't Interested which I am sure he Isn't...
Keep your noses out fort those Cheesey males People...JBo:joint::nanana:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive been plannin this for ages

SK1 F1 was my one of my first idea`s....:)

i was plannin on using MrNice "Shit", but i decided the Afghan is too dominant in "shit",,so ive chosen another SK IBL line, more "LimeGreen" an fluffy buds, "Sativa" dom heavy Afghan smell.....Perfect or a Cheese/SK F1!!

no bb did not start cheeze of at all or blue cheeze its been around alot longer than poeple think and dont care you can not beat original uk strain but saying that it will need to be crossed proper in years to come with somethink just as nasty cus the strain will go weak i just think bbs atemt was crap not a nuff of the cheeze came out in it can get nice bud from it its just not cheeze calls hem self a top breeder best cross ive seen is hazeseekers looks bang on would love tast it see how bang on it is keep eyes open full uk cheeze post comeing soon

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
no bb did not start cheeze of at all or blue cheeze its been around alot longer than poeple think and dont care you can not beat original uk strain but saying that it will need to be crossed proper in years to come with somethink just as nasty cus the strain will go weak i just think bbs atemt was crap not a nuff of the cheeze came out in it can get nice bud from it its just not cheeze calls hem self a top breeder best cross ive seen is hazeseekers looks bang on would love tast it see how bang on it is keep eyes open full uk cheeze post comeing soon

he may call himself a top breeder but at least he doesn't call himself "the king of cannabis" like one of our seed painting friends.Oh yay theres a red one, a green one, a blue one and a yellow one! isnt cannabis fun :wallbash:

U

ureapwhatusow

the HGFS outta 3 i got a distinct cheese smelling pheno, one cheese with citrus and one must

gave it to someone who has had the uk cut, the comment i received was

"run it again, its fire"

all three plants were unique in many regards as a strain but almost identical in appearance

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I had a chat to one of the grower dudes in the Cannabis College when in 'dam last. Having grown out the cut, and the various hybrids, he was convinced the HGF Cheese had phenos closest to the real deal.

i would call myself king aswell if i won 32 cannabis cups mate i think u would as well and u dont have no probs with there seeds and price is pukka

G

guest3854

Krush, good lookin out.

Yeep, our Ultra Sonja, a UK Cheese hybrid has shown itself to be of top quality and retaining tha Cheese terps that have been eluding others. CornFlake, Rounders and acouple others have some first hand knowledge of how tha Cheese shines through within our work put in .

A pic of CornFlakes Ultra Sonja's (UK Cheese X Tang Tang) can't ya just smell tha terps, lol?

picture.php

And Rounders, gall damn they look stanky ....

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy,
Steele

C

cheesey

I had a chat to one of the grower dudes in the Cannabis College when in 'dam last. Having grown out the cut, and the various hybrids, he was convinced the HGF Cheese had phenos closest to the real deal.

when i was last in the dam last nov i got a exo cheese clone sent to the sensi college . i wonder what they have done with it ?

H

Hazeseeker

that's cool cheesey:yes:, i hope they don't cross it to NL#5xHaze tho:D,
would like to see them match it up to 1 of their Skunk #1 males, i bet they have a really old Skunk male in their library somewhere?:chin:

peace

C

cheesey

that's cool cheesey:yes:, i hope they don't cross it to NL#5xHaze tho:D,
would like to see them match it up to 1 of their Skunk #1 males, i bet they have a really old Skunk male in their library somewhere?:chin:

peace

they were ment too grow it in the college/museum.. no idea if they have or not . maybe i should give them a email too see . if i can find there addy lol

D

DonkDBZ

I am week 6 of BB Blue Cheese and it looks to be not too impressive yield wise compared to my other strains. I topped a couple and lolipoped the rest. Maybe bending will work. I will try that next run. Only 2 out of 10 have a lil skunky smell the rest smell of blueberrys

Why does SB not carry HGF Cheese? They got a lot of there stuff

stimuli

I made my own version of blue cheese(uk cheese x dj bb), 1 week into flower now, f*** paying big buddha £50 for 10.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
only tried one...said it before and say it again...toe jam! worth a try (chesse x flo) if cheese is smellyer than that then shiiiiit....stunk in veg...flower and while drying real real bad...great smoke too...i wana grow it again...all that from 1 seeds too :D....full on parmesan cheese smell...just made the smell come into my memory thinking about it...also nice too look at too with the fox tails..HH. =]-~

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts