What's new

where did god come from?

Brother Nature

black-jesus-said-he-cant-take-the-wheel-cause-his-33168082.png

VenerableHippie

And then there's Krishnamurti.

The Truth is a Pathless Land

Man cannot come to it through any organization, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, not through any philosophical knowledge or psychological technique.

Freedom is not a reaction; freedom is not choice. It is man’s pretence that because he has choice he is free. Freedom is pure observation without direction, without fear of punishment and reward. Freedom is without motive; freedom is not at the end of the evolution of man but lies in the first step of his existence. In observation one begins to discover the lack of freedom. Freedom is found in the choiceless awareness of our daily existence and activity.

https://jkrishnamurti.org/about-core-teachings

Yes. And to Tao.

VenerableHippie

Well I would say that it's more correct to state that our understanding or our perception of time is human

Time however still exists outside of the human experience

Yes, no one can deny the transit of the Seasons, sun and moon etc. But back to the original question ...

Here’s a quote from Marcus Aurelius. He was a Roman Emperor when Christianity was just beginning. At that time only Jews believed in the idea of one god.

Marcus Aurelius speaks of Nature rather than gods and saw that Man is part of Nature. He said all we need to do to fulfil our life on earth is behave as nature has equipped us. Anxiety, he said, is man made.

Everything is but what your opinion makes it; and that opinion lies within yourself. Renounce it when you will, and at once you will have rounded the foreland and all is calm; a tranquil sea, a tideless haven.”

I find renouncing my opinion very hard to do. So do most people. So they take their fearful opinions and they put that fear outside themselves, out there in their imagination, and call it god, and believe ‘he’ will take care of things.

(I ‘m finished with this thread now. Hempkat, man, you can mail me if you want.)

Latest posts

Latest posts