What's new

where did god come from?

gizmo666

firstly please treat anyones reply with respect on this thread please

hey folks this is something i have asked others before and tried to get into a conversation about
but always get shut off I've been closed down by ministers and priests when i ask
or get the answer"god works in mysterious ways" doesnt really answer anything
anyways

as the christian belief says God created the heavens and the earth..........
ok well i have always asked if this is the case then where did God come from
to me that states that before God there was nothing
then that implies there must be another universe or worlds somewhere else!
after all God had to come from somewhere to create what he have around us

that kinda figures for me as a pagan I
trust in other gods who in our beliefs did come from other worlds but didnt create ours just guided it
(i know they havent done a great job either lol)

i'm not disrespecting anyones religion or trying to disprove anything
I'm just curious as WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?

whats your thought folks

peace:dance:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
God was created by human thought, so before proto Christians he/she/it did not exist.

What I want to know is what was here before the big bang?

JKD

Veteran
You might be interested in the book: A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
By Karen Armstrong

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Have you ever been in a really really tight spot, and asked for a little help? Who did you ask?

The universe, the periodic table of the elements, laws of physics, chemistry, real science (not foochie's crap)... is gawd to me. It just works so damn well.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What I want to know is what was here before the big bang?

A singularity with all the mass, like a ginormous black-hole. How did it form and get so compressed? Is bang / expand / collapse / repeat, a never ending cycle? Elements like silver and gold formed in super nova explosions? Big physics is the stuff of a good acid trip.

Where they screwed up this conceptual pic is there would not be dots in the background already.

abstract-big-bang-conceptual-image-898633500-25c5d1c118e9490197418bfde4ecca7b.jpg

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you ever been in a really really tight spot, and asked for a little help? Who did you ask?

The universe, the periodic table of the elements, laws of physics, chemistry, real science (not foochie's crap)... is gawd to me. It just works so damn well.
oh my god,you discovered sarcasm!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
God is everywhere, at all times. The concept that time flows is just a construct of ours to make meaning of a course of events. This gives us the idea that god came before. However that says god has left. Only we come and go. God endures.

She lives at No42, and damn do I want to worship at her alter

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I often wonder who came up with the recipe for this entire existence and what was before and where did that come from. The whole kaboom and it just eventually got to where we are theory doesn't work for me. I was raised as a Christian so that is what has been imprinted on my brain. I have also wondered what would happen if I had a full blown spiritual experience without knowing what my parents and culture have told me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We've all been sucked in.

everything is recycled. black holes suck it in, reduce it to scrap, send it through wormholes to the nebulas where the raw material is ejected and formed into new stars. man conceived of God in order to answer questions that they had no other answer for. this doesn't mean that God does not exist...

gizmo666

i have been many many times
but
in my beliefs our gods do not interfere with the dealings of man
man creates their own destiny and asnswers to their own fate
our gods have gave us our lands what we do with them is up to us they will not intervene
they watch our honour and loyalty

just goes to show how different people react to others beliefs

but alas still no one has attempted to answer the question
where did he come from?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now theres a thought we're all living in a huge hoover just waiting on god emtying the bag.....................

or,more disturbing,a roomba with a cat riding on it heading to the auto empty charging dock...the universe will end as a twitter video

Latest posts

Latest posts