What's new

Whats your favorite strain?

C

Cracky

I have not had the exposure to any of the modern kinds. I loved all the exotics from the 70s and 80s but it is difficult to say which is best. Let's say Aculpulco Gold, though I also loved 'Elephant Weed' and 'Elvis' from the late 80s.

Of all the strains I've grown out in the last 10 years I'd say Bubblegum, a strain that had been around here for years and I have Bx beans to grow. The AK-47 that is just coming into it's own as it's been curing for about a month now has promise as a good evening smoke. Maybe I'll cross these two up.

budlovin22

Favorite strain....?(ak,sensi,ww,etc.) and why??

Favorite strain....?(ak,sensi,ww,etc.) and why??

looking for some input on ic mag members favorite strains. what is your favorite and why? the smoke,look, harvest time, anything... at the end please put your overall rating of the strain you have picked. probaly been done before a millie times but screw it. happy smoking everyone:joint:

NOKUY

Veteran
shit if i take time to post this thread is gonna get closed or moved anyway.

so quickly i'd say

-Tang (MTF)
-cherry chunk (fj's deep chunk x love potion cherry pheno cross)
-BLOCKHEAD (breeder steves SPG x africa sativa mystery)

top that shit.

F

FunkDoctor

Favorite/least favorite strains and why?

Favorite/least favorite strains and why?

what are your favorite strains ever, whether it to grow or that you have just smoked? why are they your favorite? here are mine out of about 200+ strains over past 15+ years

The Good:
Dj Short Blueberry and Flo- both have incredibly high quality highs with a high ceiling. both are very relaxing, euphoric highs

The Overated:
Sweet tooth #3- enjoyable high, similiar euphoric/relaxing properties of blueberry, but sw#3 just lacked a good potency or "stoneyness" to it. not the high quality high as with DJ short lines

The Good:
Super Silver Haze- very stony, very potent, super high crystal content, huge yields. VERY POTENT. very spicy and strong tasty, leaves a full spicy after taste in mouth. Silver Haze also one of my favorite ever, sampled her in amsterdam years back and she was hands down favorite of the trip

The Overated:
Jack Herer and C99. Comparing these in relation to Super Silver Haze. Jack not as tasty or heavy stone as SSH. C99 stone NO where near SSH. c99 has SSH beat in taste department but that's it IMO. Jack is similar to SSH but not has heavy on the body as SSH (that's right SSH definitely has indica properties in it's stone from the NL I am guess). Jack and C99 are still great but not quite best ever material. just my 2 cents

The Good:
Strawberry Fields- if you know what I am talking about, I probably want to hear from you. most likely an outdoor haze cross with full on strawberry flavor and very potent stone. grown exclusively in Vermont I believe, maybe upstate NY. Strawberry Cough I tried was no where near as good and was actually a huge let down in the potency department

The Overated:
Sour Diesel- can you say overated?! One of the most strongly tasting and stinky strains ever, but only a 20 minute high at best. a nice fun little ride for that 20 minutes, but left me always craving more. even worse, NYC diesel! sampled 3 different kinds of NYC and all of them blew, even when done by a good grower

The Good:
Herijuana- Simply put, one of the strongest Indicas I have ever had, if not ever (afghani I am guessing but don't remember??). Very unique look and hashy taste to it as well. came from the same guy who used to claim and sell Trainwreck as his and sold femmed seeds. The Herijuana is up there as my favorite indica, along with Sensi Star, Chemo, OG Kush and Blueberry

The Overated:
The Trainwreck that came from the seeds that the guy above sold!!!! ahaha!! horrible. they were "trainwrecky" as I have sampled trainwreck before, but didn't turn out great. needless to say, every trainwreck sample I have tried has been mediocre at best

The Good:
Og Kush and it's derivitaves! Bubba has similar relaxing properties as Blueberry/flo/blue heaven when grown out properly

The Overated:
Californias Orange- awesome taste, where did the high go?!?!

Other great Indica dom strains: Chemo, Sensi Star, AK47, Romulan, Bluemoonshine, Blue Heaven

Other great Sativa/Indica mixes: Island Sweet Skunk, Bogglegum (not crazy over plain Bubblegum from Serious). The Chocolate Thai that was the first weed I ever smoked!!!! first time, real deal chocolate thai. smoked off an 1/8th for a week and was hooked needless to say! incredible herb grown by a friend's dad around Humboldt. not the prettiest, but the best!!!! very distinct brown look to it

Let's hear your all time favorites!

G

Im a 40 year outdoor grower of indica's or indica dominants, so my comments are limited to that arena. Ive gone through around 80 of the store bought strains over the past 10 yrs.

Favorites

Sensi star. The slightly indica leaning pheno, the one that keeps winning awards is devestating. Dead blow hammer stone. Couchlock is an understatement. Not the biggest yielder and not much for taste but I cant find another strain with her knockdown factor.

Maple leaf Indica. I peeled that sack cloth wrapper off of many a cake of black afghani hash that came out of afghanistan in the mid 70's. Unquestionably, the parents of this variety were the originator of that hashish. Pure unaltered red eye afghanistan whoopass. The only one available on the market that i have been able to find that has been well bred and preserved and ive done some serious searching. Beautiful plants, fine, fine smoke that will allow the newcommers to the cannabis world to sample the wonderful treasures of the past.

KC33 - Its my view that this is the very best outdoor strain available on the market today, or at least among the 80 or so strains that Ive tried. Cup winning potency, sweet lemmony taste from a plant with vigor that should embarass most breeders. Wind, pest, drought and mould resistant plants that produce up to 2lbs of cup winning smoke. Stellar breeding. Just unbelieveable, unequalled quality and vigor relative to the other hybrids ive grown over the years.

Not impressed with this group at all.

Dutch Passions purples or Passion 1. Good plants but they don't posses a level of potency that is acceptable to me.

Petrola Headstash- it may have its uses and fans but for a straigt out seed grow wasnt worth the time.

Deep Chunk - again, the strain my have good qualities to some and it's breeder certainly has a lot of fans but it isnt an outdoor strain and didnt' meet a minimul level of performance or vigor that I require for my outdoor grows.

Anything w/a good up high transcending into relaxation later. Ive smoked opiated thai and hawaiian bud that made me feel like i was in a coma. I was lost, stupid didnt know my name. Ive had hombolt skunk that would make me cough up a lung and then pass out if i stood up. Dont like this smoke. I got some sticky green bud w/strong pine smell up in portland about 25 years ago. Good high, not too strong. No seeds or shake 100 an oz. Those were the days. That strain may not exist anymore the way they keep crossing.

THC123

Veteran
Favorites

White widow : yes the classic white widow always does the job

Nederzaad 2006 : nice sweet herb with eye burning stone

Nederzaad 2005: herby weed with a heavy stone

Nederzaad 2005Xn2006 : combines the best from the 2 above.

KC33-Khola : for outdoors , nice yieleder and strong plant

Frisian dew : for outdoors , also V nice yeielder good mold resistance and good effect , but the effect depends on the pheno not very stable.

Amnesia Haze : just love the smell , taste and effect

NLX : very sweet skunky plant , good yield and heavy effect , clone only

For the rest i really like white strains

Overrated??--W mazar from dutch passion , look smells and tastes incredible , but the stone/high is just too superficial and is nmissing something and blueberry , I really thought they would be very potent after hearing so much about it. But they kinda dissappointed me:(

I don't really like this group

So all the dutch passion early outdoor strains , except frisisan dew ,

Just as silverback says , theey are wonderful plants , habve good resistance and good havrest date and yield + smell and taste , but the effect just isn't there , too superficial effect.

Lot's of haze strains : cuz IMHO they taste and smell really special but jus't don't deliver the indca buzz i am looking for.(but this is cuz i luv indicas')

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
The good:

Romulan, White Rhino, White Widow, SS x NL, MP5K, Ducksfoot.

The over rated:
Anything costing MORE per zip just because it has a name to it.

oregon_guy

I find it interesting that while some ppl name the strain as thier favorite, others say that same strain is bad.

Funk, you have the Sour Diesel as over rated. I just finished a Wonder Diesel (rez) that is really knocking my socks off. The high last for several hours as well. Who know's though, it might just be the pheno or maybe the Williams Wonder thrown in. Very sour/lemony smell and taste. It is clearly my favorite right now.

Ok ok so back to the thread. Here is my somewhat limited experience (with commerical seeds anyway):

Favorite: Wonder Diesel, Ak-48

Good: White Rhino, Afghani

Least Favorite:
Chimera's Blueberry X Grapefruit: Don't get me wrong this is a quality strain, my pheno was more grapefruit leaning and I found it to be a little too racy of a high for me.

White Widow: After all the praise Ive read about this strain, I was a little disapointed. Loved the aroma and taste though.

This are just my opinion's and I reserve the right to change my mind at any given point lol.

Megas

Blueberry was fantastic felt like a bus full of playboy bunnys stopped short and threw like 10 on me.

I have no interest in AK47, I just dont care for the taste.

onioncreek

Favorite- sourbubble bx3-Strong indica kick to the body with a strong jab to the head.

Unliked- Barneys -Violator kush-taste was very nice, but it did not have any body and did nothing for me other than race my heart for an hour.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
dPurple Shaman

I picked up a clone of this strain at one of the Oregon MMJ clinics and grew it out. What I was struck with at the end of the grow and the harvest is "Why would anyone clone this plant?"

I can understand why someone would buy this strain, i.e. it's 'purple' and such but then after growing it out the question becomes why anyone would pass this strain to other growers - especially MMJ patients.

I love growing sativas and I love the variety in that genetic group - but this specific strain, or at least the clone I grew, is beyond worthless.

A better name than 'Purple Shaman' would be 'Who Cares?'

YMMV

Favorites? Local strains like 'Dog Sh*t' or 'Sellwood Slammer' and 'Star Treck' - I've found that locally sourced 'bagweed strains' do better than high-dollar elite strains.

CC

CC

blueberry and ak have come up alot ....depends what you want out of the high ... do you wana be so fucked you cant talk without dribling, or do you wanna have a smoke with your mates and have a in depth conversation about the meaning of life? (naturally 42) .

my faves ak47, SSH , Northern lights and great white shark... : P

S

spackle

PI
Sensi Star x Neville's Haze
Sensi Star
Blueberry
AK47
GN 03' C99
In that order

Latest posts

Latest posts