What's new

What's your favorite band?

Martha your a motherfucker, i think i love you. I like them shortass people down by that river, roll on black water mississsippi moon beter keep on shining, sorry about that I like pink too.

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah dude, I wish I could return to the "good ol daze"! those are some fine strains btw! those that I am familiar with anyway, and prob those I'm not as well....

G

TOOL is my favorite band hands down, ive seen them 6 times, and cant wait for next time, very powerful live

im also into lots of diff. metal/Grind/Death etc..Acid Bath is a favorite..
also 80's hardcore like Agnostic Front/OLD punk like angry samoans/DK etc.. lots of stuff, also mellow rock stuff like blind melon/alice in chains, too many cd's to count

Last edited:
Space Toker said:
dude isn't that [oh black water] like credence clearwater revival or something?
No Hogleg hunter was refering to an album, called "Porgy", a tribute, and the Band's rendition of "Porgy and Bess".
A truly special, and Whacked album.
When People were shorter, and lived by the water, also did an entire album called "Bobby"
Yes, an entire album of Bobby Goldsboro tunes, done in their style.. Lovely!..( and warped..)

Martha S.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Medeski, Martin and Wood is a trio, i thought you may like it since you mentioned Phish. they are not alike at all, they´re just three dudes playing good tunes.
Peshay is drum and bass, since you asked about whatis happening with music today.
LTJ Bukem also drum and bass but more ambient.
NiyoRah is reggae, a new sound, real good. only one album out so far so good.
i use SoulSeek to download mp3s, works fine. although availability depends on how many people are connected at the time you do a search, so it is always a good idea to do several searches of the same thing until you find what you want.

what about Alice in Chains? their album Dirt and their Unplugged have to have some of the best american rock ever made.

peace.

I Used To Grow

I have a few favoirte bands...but my absolute favorite has gotta be a band that I've seen tear it up numerous times live..KoRn. They just rock hard live and put on great shows every time. I know KoRn isn't very popular with many stoners due to it's not so laid back vibes and content but I tend to like their aggressive vibe.

Recently though, after seeing Swollen Members I gotta say, they are an awesome rap group..not a band, but hey it's music. They just have a great stage presence and can really get the crowd into it.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
My all time favorite band is Slayer been listening to them since Reign In Blood came out great hardcore thrash metal I have been to 20+ concerts of them and have had the pleasure of meeting them a few times. While in Toledo in 2002 tour I was walking around the concert venue about 8 hours before the concert was to start and seen Tom Araya bass/vocals and we smoked a joint and had 2 shots of Rumplemints now that was great. Im also into a few jambands as well but Slayer is my favorite high energy band.

buckeye=leaf

minds_I

Veteran
ac/dc,aerosmith,alan parsons project,the allman brothers,bad company,billy joel,bob segar and the sbb,boston,bread,carlos santana,cher,chicago,creedence c.r.,csn&y,d. bowie,doobie brothers (gee imagine that????),electric light orchestra,elton john,fleetwood mac,george winston,gordon lightfoot,golden earring,grateful dead,hall & oates,harry chapin,heart,jackson browne,jefferson starship,jethro tull,jim croce,john cougar melloncamp,kansas,led zeppelin,lynard skynyrd,manfred mann,meatloaf,moody blues,paul mccartney,peter frampton,pink floyd,queen,rod stewart,rolling stones,rush,steve miller,styx,supertramp,the band,the beatles,the eagles,the outlaws,the who,three dog night,traffic,u2,van morrison,zz top

Just to name a few.

minds_I

I Used To Grow

I'm also a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers..been singing along with them since 8h grade. I passed a test with an A in 8th grade and I was walking home singing that one song that goes "What I got you gotta give it to your mamma..etc, etc."