What's new

What's up with Herbies?

G

ganjygav

On their social media pages they just say unforseen circumstances. Rumour is its something to do with credit card companies stopping payment methods for anything cannabis related. It also happened to pick n mix and ch9 seeds this year. Sites closed down while they sorted payment methods.

St. Phatty

I asked one of the seed banks to accept Paypal.

Hope they can work that out without the banks having a conniption fit.

G

ganjygav

I asked one of the seed banks to accept Paypal.

Hope they can work that out without the banks having a conniption fit.

PayPal is quite strict also. Not sure what the rules would be about seeds. I know eBay isn't seed friendly and PayPal was originally owned by eBay.
They must work something out because the other seedbanks all manage to get up and running again.

seeded

It's starting to look like we might have to go back to the old days of getting our money exchanged and mailing it in instead of buying prepaid credit cards.

It's starting to look like we might have to go back to the old days of getting our money exchanged and mailing it in instead of buying prepaid credit cards.

Bitcoin is the way to go; takes a bit longer for the buyer as you have to buy the bitcoins, send them to a tumbler and wait for them to tumble, and then transfer them to the sites wallet.
And then order.
So you have to sit down at your computer a few times over an hour or two to complete it.

So not as convenient for the buyer as credit card, and the seedbanks would miss out on impulse purchases as buying by bitcoin takes too long for people to carry through on the impulse.

But better than sending cash through the mail; I wouldn't send cash any more.

Interesting that it took so long for the credit card providers to catch on that Herbies were selling seeds; I wonder if LE tips them off?
That's if that's the reason their site is down.
Maybe LE has been sniffing around and they decided to close down.

Probably find out eventually.

FireIn.TheSky

Midweeksong is another great seedbank that recently lost their ability to process credit cards. It kind of pisses me off those 2 were my favorite, I am running out of places to buy seeds, good thing I've been seed hording for years. I knew this day would come eventually. It's ironic as legalization sweeps the globe the seeds become harder to get, while it was illegal seeds were so easy to get. I think this is how the govt puts the damper down, they really don't want weed to be legal.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bitcoin's not all it's hyped up to be yet.
Give it a few more years & a lot more locations that you can anonymously convert $ to btc & it'll be much better as well as a lot more useful.

Cash will always be king... as far as I'm concerned.
I ain't skeerd of a postman...

Latest posts

Latest posts