What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What's the big deal with Kush?

Trillion

once again to get on your level (deep chunk) might be known as or you might define her as kushy ,but its not a kush IMO its an afghanica

Not to join either side of this arguement but if DC is from Afghanistan or Pakistan chances are it's a Kush, the majority of cannabis cultivars from this region originate somewhere in the tribal areas of the hindukush mountains where a great deal of genetic diversity is to be found. Wether something is kushy (whatever that means) or not is nothing to do with it, there is huge variation to be found in the tribal regions between afghanistan and pakistan from tall narrow leaf varieties to squat broad leaved plants.

To attribute certain characteristics to being a kush is plain ignorant as plants from the hindukush region don't necessarily have common characteristics.

Calling a plant afghan kush seems ridiculous to me, that is like calling a plant Mexican Oaxacan. The word kush is just used as a brandname now it seems.

take your panties out your azs-:nanana:: thr oliver-u way to serious-and no l.a does not have kush r chem genetics.didnt someone else correct u? i ve grown out la conf. several times and it does not resemble master or hindu kush in no way. rainman love the pix- nice sativas-how long did they take to flower??? i thought chem d was what everyone is callin kush??

bigherb

Veteran
Not to join either side of this arguement but if DC is from Afghanistan or Pakistan chances are it's a Kush, the majority of cannabis cultivars from this region originate somewhere in the tribal areas of the hindukush mountains where a great deal of genetic diversity is to be found. Wether something is kushy (whatever that means) or not is nothing to do with it, there is huge variation to be found in the tribal regions between afghanistan and pakistan from tall narrow leaf varieties to squat broad leaved plants.

To attribute certain characteristics to being a kush is plain ignorant as plants from the hindukush region don't necessarily have common characteristics.

Calling a plant afghan kush seems ridiculous to me, that is like calling a plant Mexican Oaxacan. The word kush is just used as a brandname now it seems.

hows it goin brother

no sides here ,were all suppose to be a family and here too share our knowledge and experiences ,im all ears

soo lets agree to disagree but much respect as always

id lov to kno more about the history of the heirloom afghani strains that are gone and still circulate today,while i admit im not very knowledgable of the history of cultivar's an thier regions

hindu kush is the northern most part of afghanistan i believe including /pakistan and india but many areas such as kabul /mazar-e -sharif/kandahar i thought to be known to produce cannabis for many generations which these areas i believe are not part of the hindu kush region ,soo to say the majority of cultivars come from the hindu kush region doesnt sound very precise to me

To attribute certain characteristics to being a kush is plain ignorant as plants from the hindukush region don't necessarily have common characteristics

although as ive said im not very educated/knowledgable i dont agree,becaz the kushes hav been around around for many years 70's or earlier and are thought to display both traits of the indicas and afghanicas wit a familar taste/aroma but hav thinner leaves and stems ,this can also be said for the afghanicas and their characteristics they are known to not be over 3 feet very small and hav very large fan leafs

the majority of modern kushes are not kush at all ,but again i disagree wit the last stament why not call a plant afghan kush if it comes from the afghan side of the kush region ,but i understand your point

1luvbigherb

Also not taking sides but this should be taking into consideration.
"An opinion without no actual experince is an assumption"
So if you haven't experienced The kush "strains" in cali don't knock it. Also Goes Vice versa for any other strain around the world. Lets all just stay cool and enjoy this wonderful herb cannabis shouldn't turn us against one another it should bring us together with positivity peace and blessings to all

smokefrogg

Veteran
puffing on some decent but cheap master kush, this is one of the kushes i love before bedtime, sometimes i have a hard time falling asleep but not after a bit of this =) ZZzz...

ForestBuds

True Kush

True Kush

To give my answer for "What's the big deal with Kush?"

IMO it is a big deal to me! I absolutely love those OG Kush varieties that Californians have been smoking for years. I moved to So Cal in 2006 not knowing anything about the OG Kush hype. Keep in mind... I've been to Amsterdam, Switzerland and Jamaica and Vancouver. I was excited about trying So Cal's finest due to my exceptional experience with Nor Cal buds back East.

I visited 3 or 4 dozens or more clubs around LA. The best specific OG Kush family bud I got was Jupiter Kush from Earth Collective in Hollywood. It made me feel like I was on Jupiter with my eyes totally bloodshot. I believe that there are lot more grade AAA buds in the Coast Mountain Region in Nor Cal than the whole So Cal region not even counting the Sierra Nevada region. This state has not even seen its full extreme potential at all! :tree:

To me the real OG Kush families usually have those unique fat crown like calyx on its buds with no trims on it. When you smoke it, it gives you an extremely satisfying smoking that just tingles your nose right when you exhale it out. I keep on hearing so many stories about the OG's and came to see and try it out myself. There are so many varieties around that its impossible to know exactly what is what etc... IMO the bottom line is that the legend of OG Kush is real in California as well globally for True Kush.

I respect the varieties that California pours out in both North and South region. Everything starts with the right seed and a competent grower. Even before I moved out here... I've had friends who were bringing over flowers from Santa Rosa to the East that were unreal with neon appearance to it circa 2000 to 2004. The West Coast is pretty much full of mind boggling varieties of hybrids.

Don't worry.. I still love HAZE with passion! To me it's almost the total opposite from the OG Kush family. I don't have much experience with haze at all. I just had a good luck of being able to try SSH and Orange Haze back in East and both of them totally kicked my ass. Better than OG Kush in general? ... I would say yep. Still love OG kush though, it just has that unique sedative feeling that the haze doesn't give me. I am sure that there are countless godlike OG Kush and Haze strains out there. Wish I could try them all! Both of them definitely heavyweights that are in their own league. I'm just looking hard to relieve my past experience and create countless new ones thanks to ICMAG! :thank you:

Those are the TRUE KUSH :dance013:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5d2_1209768660
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tEQI5n6mn8&feature=related
:groupwave:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're 'bout to twist up da scene again. (yo watch out)..
dope lines from DocLeaf free-lanced about.. (keep ya eyes on it)
soon to drop it out n link it round ! (blah, blah, ra, ra,, you know the score)
This is the dope deal , that cats been waitin' for ,, (yo let's keep things real)!
Green Knot Kush,, sure we own the label,, and the name is ours!
One love to the ganja-cats and I's ppl in jail (that only be hustling flowers!)

picture.php

what yo Kush-Cats blazing on??? Shout out to the stay strong,, ONE LOVE! :canabis:

ICMag still first-base! check the upload! Still how we do it!

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
there are a few things that i think make kush so appealing. the high feels pretty good, and is relaxing much of the time, and especially with the modern hybrids, is quite strong. also, the plants are smaller and take less time to finish (usually) than sativas, and the buds are usually fatter and denser, and look great in a plastic baggie. the smells and tastes are delicious (although to me are not all too complex) and usually very strong (mmmm skunk).

i am not a big fan of kush, mainly because it makes me so drowsy, and it is also everywhere. but it is nice to have every so often for a nice relaxing night (especially when mixed with a thick psychedelic high).

Trillion

hows it goin brother

no sides here ,were all suppose to be a family and here too share our knowledge and experiences ,im all ears

soo lets agree to disagree but much respect as always

hindu kush is the northern most part of afghanistan i believe including /pakistan and india but many areas such as kabul /mazar-e -sharif/kandahar i thought to be known to produce cannabis for many generations which these areas i believe are not part of the hindu kush region ,soo to say the majority of cultivars come from the hindu kush region doesnt sound very precise to me

although as ive said im not very educated/knowledgable i dont agree,becaz the kushes hav been around around for many years 70's or earlier and are thought to display both traits of the indicas and afghanicas wit a familar taste/aroma but hav thinner leaves and stems ,this can also be said for the afghanicas and their characteristics they are known to not be over 3 feet very small and hav very large fan leafs
1luvbigherb

Of course, love and respect as always.

The plants in the hindu kush can display great variation from valley to valley, this is a large area we are talking about with many micro climates. Of course I haven't been there so cant give photographic evidence etc but the genetic and phenotypical variation that exists in the HK has been well noted.

We are used to the short, squat stature and the physical stone as the standard indica/afghani, which is far from true. I'm sure if you talk to someone more experienced in the genetics of the region they will assure you there are plenty of varieties that reach far over 3ft.

While only a tiny % of cultivars from this region have been re-created for sale in the online seed market a good example is the chitrali offered by BCO and ACE. Not very dense buds, it can yield and get decent height without veg, narrower leaves and a more 'up' high. There is no particular trait that makes a plant a 'kush' or not due to the high degree of diversity in this region, it is the fact they originate in HK mountains that makes them a kush.

Another reason the HK region supports such diversity is because of the lack of government influence and the prevalance of tribal law, creating a perfect environment for genertions of cannabis farmers to ply their trade.

Mazari-Sharif is a city just beyond HK mountains, I would hazard a guess that most hashish sold there is grown in the valleys of the HK and I dont think much gets grown in Kabul! Yes there are exepctions such as the kandahar province and I'm sure others, and yes it is a guess on my part to say most afghan varieties are from HK, but the gentic diversity and cannabis culture there has been well documented and celebrated as a true genetic hotspot. The environment of the valleys of the HK creates what is one of those special 'hotspots' DJ Shorts wrote of.

tolker

kush has been around for a long time and long to come. lol here are sum pics of my og kush currently into 3 weeks flower enjoy

tolker

kush

Attachments

• 156_2626.jpg
    156_2626.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 156_2627.jpg
    156_2627.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 156_2634.jpg
    156_2634.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 156_2633.jpg
    156_2633.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9

jobo

i laugh everytime i hear someone say OG kush is there favorite kush.

It probably doesnt have any true kush genetics and its a sativa dominant hybrid.

My favorite kushes are x-18, and master kush. Love that kushy flavor on em.

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
sour bubble

picture.php

:tiphat:

I like kush crosses i like kush,, i like all dank bud satty or indy.
This aint Sour Bubble 100% bubba or something,, Pure KUSH BOG

This puppy is SOL OGK x BS

picture.php

ogk x bs (spice of life vs short)

I LOVE CROSSES like dis.... The KUSH lung expansion hit hard, but the satty blue coated my mouth in sugar blue boiled sweet taste,,,

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i laugh everytime i hear someone say OG kush is there favorite kush.

It probably doesnt have any true kush genetics and its a sativa dominant hybrid.

My favorite kushes are x-18, and master kush. Love that kushy flavor on em.
Word.:thank you: