What's new

What's so great about OG?

gingerale

Veteran
Just wondering if the more experienced smokers and growers could explain to me what it is about OG and its derivatives that makes these strains so desirable and popular? I haven't smoked or grown it so I'm just curious what people would consider to be the defining and best qualities of this kush.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Just wondering if the more experienced smokers and growers could explain to me what it is about OG and its derivatives that makes these strains so desirable and popular? I haven't smoked or grown it so I'm just curious what people would consider to be the defining and best qualities of this kush.

Og's just have a very unique smell and taste....

The high usually can cut through any other type of pot....

Just a real pleasure to smoke....

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the high still has sativa in it! great head buzz. great taste and aroma. frosty. yield decent. real good smoke across the board.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ yep OGs are good no doubt, but Nspectas Bubba from God, aka Bombthreat Bubba, aka Bubba #7 kills um all:D

CBF

siddhartha

Most the time it is just a catchy name. In colorado some dispensarys say it means "Ocean Grown" wtf is that
Sidd

big twinn

Veteran
I've got a lot of cuts that circulate as "elite"...all are very good, more then exceptional, but hands down the OGs have the BEST lip smacking, mouth coating taste I've ever experienced. The after taste is so pronounced that you will taste it for hours. It's really difficult to describe without experiencing it yourself. It has a long duration and a potent high and always seems to be the jar that empties first.

gingerale

Veteran
Interesting....seems most agree the flavor is a huge thing. From what I understand most OG cuts have a piney smell...does that carry through into the flavor or is there something else?

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Whoever tells you piney for any herb has no credible pallate to use to describe cannabis.

They learned how to describe herb from half baked.

OG Kush has a very complex nose and finish. Strong high.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Most the time it is just a catchy name. In colorado some dispensarys say it means "Ocean Grown" wtf is that
Sidd

That's actually the truth on where the OG came from in OG Kush. surprised a Colorado dispensary is spreading truth.