What's new

What's crackin in ellinhos attic?

ellinho

hey there icmagers,

the exams have been busting my ass and I couldnt find any spare time for the forums. so sry about that. nonetheless I still wanted to add a few final shots after 1 month of curing and some final thoughts bout the strains.
the grow turned out really nice and I found myself with about 300g of mostly very high quality flowers.

alegria - 1-2 keepers in 7 plants is a fair ratio imo ...

Breeder;
Kiwi Seeds

Apperance;
nice developed buds. good trichome formation. buds are dense and great to break up.

Smell;
its really nothing you would expect when you open the jars. sth i have never smelled in weed. it really is kinda ranky, very dark hashy notes but these come with an extra of intense smell of peaches. really great!!!!

Taste;
smokes how it smells. a good sweet taste on the inhale... hashy on the exhale. i like it!

High;
its def indica in there. relaxes very well in the evening. takes up the whole body as your body eases into the couch.

MedicinalProperties;
very mind and body relaxing. stimulates appetite very well!

Overall.
had a femed batch and they looked very homogenous in the beginning but the flowers varied a good bit. harvest windows from 60 - 80 days. but i would recommend a run with regular beans to anyone. :smoke:

picture.php

ellinho

Strain;
Blue Mistic

Breeder;
Royal Queen Seeds

Apperance;
buds really stacked up. good bud strucuture. really lime green look.

Smell;
citurs all the way. smells like lemons with woody tones.

Taste;
not that great of a taste. really smokey ... dont like it that much.

High;
the weakest of the bunch. smokes for a good day smoke, but for me its to weak ...

MedicinalProperties;
not beneficial.

Overall.
go with lemon skunk by gh if you look for a good lemony strain.
i wont grow this one again.

Strain;
Connie Chung (g13 x la confidential) - g13 haze leaning pheno

Breeder;
DNA genetics

Apperance;
awesome buds. a few calyxes purpled here and there. huge trichomes that form pools in some places of the buds.

Smell;
it smells like the good hazes out there. feels like the first joint in a good amsterdam coffee shop.

Taste;
and it also smokes like it. really hazey with some funny notes mixed in. i like it very much!!!

High;
the most up high of all the strains. really great for a trip to the lake and a nice swim. takes your mind a gear higher and if you got the chance you can let your body follow xD

MedicinalProperties;
very social communicative high. great with friends to enjoy. brings out good things in people :)

Overall.
i will grow another pack cc for sure. its just a great pheno hunt. both freebies are keepers. youll find finishing times from 8 weeks in the la con leaning pheno, the g13 pheno will take you 10-11 weeks but will pay back the time :)

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers,
ell

ellinho

New round for the upcoming winter stash :)

Strains:
Barneys Farm
- Sweet Tooth
- Critical Kush (Critical Mass x OG Kush)
- Laughing Buddha

DNA Genetics
- Kushberry (Blueberry x OG Kush)

Reserva Privada
- Purple Wreck (Purple Urkle x Trainwreck)
- OG Kush

Emerald Triangle
- Bubba 76 (pre98 Bubba Kush x Afghani76)

Samsara Seeds
- Holy Grail 69 (Matanuska Tundra x Chronic x Haze)

DinaFem Seeds
- Original Amnesia Auto (Amnesia x Critical+ Auto)

Peace,
ell

ellinho

lets restart that old lady ... and make it a proper one... hadnt had much time to take care of the thread last run ... this is what i start out with

acid
sage n sour
sweet deep grapefruit
power kush
pow 33
purple haze
blue rhino
ciritical 47

picture.php

few results from last run

Strain;
og kush

Breeder;
Reserva Privada

Growth;
tall and lanky growth, almost no sidebranches, big leafes and grows golfball like buds near to the stem.

Apperance;
chunky nugs. all i would expect from an og. rock hard, great to break up and super frosty.

Smell;
i have no reference but its earthy, and lemony and darkish, muddy all over ... not to pungent but very complex

Taste;
great taste. bette than the smell. almost sweet, kandly like ... still earthy and i guess what everybodys looking for in this strain. very very nice.

High;
strong and it sits behind the eyes. it puts me to great ease in the evening.

Overall;
good strain. definitey worth a try. also good medicinal values.

picture.php

picture.php

-----------------------------------------

Strain;
kushberry

Breeder;
DNA Genetics

Growth;
topped once and spaced out nicely. grew many budsites not to main cola leaning. would recommend topping.

Apperance;
buds grew a bit airy but are caked all over. not the structure i normally prefer but the trichs make it worth it.

Smell;
fruit bowl with a definite hint of berrys. really sweet and pungent and an instant smile giver when opening the jars.

Taste;
really liking the taste. sweet berrys and a good mix with earthy kush.

High;
great high that almost instantly hits you. its definitely more on the indica side of things. not recommend for activities, this is to shift your mind down.

Overall;
a little low on the yield and not too great of a budstructure but absolutely covered in trichomes. if you dont care for the bag appeal to much this is more worth than a try.

picture.php

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

1x 400w mh running.
will be running 2 400w MH in veg. 1 HPS, 1 MH in flower ...
nutes lucas regime
soil plagron allmix.

vegetation day 2, in rows by 4 from right to left.

acid
sweet deep grapefruit
sage n sour
power kush
and few freebies

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

allright ... here are some strain reviews and pics from last run.

Strain;
Critical Kush (Critical Mass x OG Kush)

Breeder;
Barneys Farm

Ratio;
1,5 keeper out of 5

Growth;
would recommend topping as it grows main cola leaning and fills out nicely. chunky nugs ... but what would you expect from these parents. some phenos with awesome trichome formation some just good.

Apperance;
really good bag appeal. chunky golfball nugs with big, clearly visible trichomes. keeps and distinct greenish tone from the skunk genes. breaks up great.

Smell;
one pheno got nicknamed "multivitamin" because of its similarity to multivitamin juice... with all the fruits mixed up ... maybe you know what i mean. smells like alot of fruits with some earthy kush as backround.

Taste;
way more kushy than expected. its definitely earthy and brings in the sweet tones on the exhale. i like it but its not the best in my selection.

High;
2 phenos put on a punch. the other were fine. typical indica high with this one.

picture.php

picture.php

Strain;
Bubba 76 (pre98 bubba kush x afghan 76)

Breeder;
Emerald Triangle

Growth;
topping absolutely necessary with this strain. loves to grow a big main cola. lower buds are also chunky but not like a kush or skunk.

Apperance;
stacked calyxes with alot of resin. i like to look at it because of its brightness that is due to the insane trich formation. and they grow big on this strain and twist around each other to form pools...

Smell;
something i have never smelled before in cannabis. it smells like you just marinated a good steak. really funky but i like it.

Taste;
awesome dark tones with this one. with a hint of sweet. things like meat, coffee, bacon come to mind. i like it alot!!

High;
good indica leaning high. makes my eye lits glued together when i smoke to much ..

picture.php

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

everything veggin away nicely. day 16, few days away from topping.
sage n sour on the far right with impressive vigor.

picture.php

ellinho

vegetation day 25 ... all lush and green ... will have to work with some height differences but for that we have bondage :p gonna be a nice canopy in 1-2 weeks and i will flower them ...

before defoliation
picture.php

after
picture.php

nice view
picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

vegetation day 30. working on the canopy ... everythin topped, some cropped or lsted. grow shop had some delivery problems, i will introduce the 2nd 400w by tomorrow to blow things up a bit.

will add some detailed plant shots the coming days.

picture.php

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

hi peeps,
1st day of 12/12 and the ladies are chilling under 2x 400w mh now. one will be switched to hps in 2-3 weeks.

picture.php

on the left you can see enhanced red spectrum mh ...

picture.php

just to show my technique a bit. as have a limited height I go pretty heavy on defoliation just leaving a nice crown on the plants.

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

day 6 of 12/12, everything sailing away nicely. started to introduce nutrients in lucas regime since 1st day 12/12 ...

here are some detailed plant shots ... except for sweet deep grapefruit everythin pretty uniform ...

sweet deep grapefruit - both phenos

picture.php

power kush

picture.php

acid

picture.php

sage n sour

picture.php

critical 47

picture.php

ellinho

flowering day number 10 ... throwing nice preflowers ... many nice budsites developing ... left side MH with enhanced red. will switch to HPS/MH mix in about 1-2 weeks ...

expected flowering times:

power kush, 45-55 days

critical 47, 55 days

sweet deep grapefruit, 55-65 days

acid, 65 days

sage n sour, 70 days

picture.php

picture.php

peace,
ell

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Looking awesome! Congrats on the 2nd light - things are really gonna blow up for you now.

Loving your spotless setup.

ellinho

flowering day 16 ... kinda pissed with feminized seeds ... it happens all too often that I have to pick male preflowers ... mostly sage n sour show this problem ... but i have seen it before and often times they will flower just fine ... Ill keep them around and will watch closely ...

apart from that, all flowering away nicely and early trichomes are appearing...

picture.php

rocking nice MH/HPS mix now ... plants get switched around every 2-3 days while watering ...

picture.php

canopy - left side from left to right power kush, acid, sweet deep

picture.php

canopy - far right row sage n sour, freebies in the middle

picture.php

peace,
ell

ellinho

hey guys,
i am running 2x HPS 400w since day 20ish of 12/12 ... figured this would be the best combination yieldwise ... mixed spectrum (MH/HPS) is only worth it in larger setups ... where you can put in about 20% of MH lighting ... not good for me ... :)

we are at flowering day 29, week 4 finished ... everything is triching up nicely ... here are some pics ... some detailed strain shots in the coming days...
stay safe peace :ying:

power kush

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php