What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What The Thunk!!!!

how did it work out?, you left me hanging for over a month now
that vertical system looks great, if your still around id like to ask you some questions about it

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Shit, i wish i saw this earlier. I was going to comment that i have never seen anyone try to do a THUNK vert grow but then the landlord thing...

No way you should leave ANYTHING in the house, especially flowering plants.

When in doubt, close it up... FAST.

And now silence for over a month....

Shit Bro tell us where your at.

full time daddy
Veteran
so here's how it looked as the dude wondered the house.... he walked right by it and out that door... did not even take a 2nd look... hahaha...

and here we are day 91

Last edited:

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
OH You're back!!! you had me worried..

***long hug***

and on Day 91 with th Thunks. I never would have thought it possible in the coli. They seem to like it. I was afaird they would stretch into those lights i no time.

Great Work. Glad your back :joint:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuckin A my friend.

good work...

120 days should be a good time to chop those hoes down..

peace, LW

:jump:
now that your back, i would like to ask you some questions

1) i see you dont have the rez that they try to sell with it, did you try it and not like it, or just wanted to save money, and how do you have it set up now?

2) have you tried filling every space?

3) how much do you get off each plant?

any comments or recommendations?

full time daddy
Veteran
nag-champa said:
:jump:
now that your back, i would like to ask you some questions

1) i see you dont have the rez that they try to sell with it, did you try it and not like it, or just wanted to save money, and how do you have it set up now?

2) have you tried filling every space?

3) how much do you get off each plant?

1: it's to much $$$ and would be a pita to clean no i never tryed it.... i looked at it and seen 7 small ass opening's for a big ass enclosed rez n said fuck that.

at first i used a rubbermade tote and had the colis on cenderblocks but needed more rez space so i went to 5 gallon buckets....
i use 5 per side but only 3 and linked 3/4 hose for drain but going to 1" after this next round the center bucket is then ran to the tote (out of the room) and the pump is hooked to it.... im also going to change the coli drain pieces to 1"

2: YES........ with 2k on 3 60 site's {180} yeild is 3-6 pound's strain depinding

3: 7-28 gram's { the reason i went every other site this time is i was hoping the thunk would fill in the space { and it did} but it dont look like it's going to yeild {my guess is 14 grams a plant} witch will be the lowest i have ever pulled with this thing right around 1.3-1.4 pound's (remember this is one side)
the other side was really low yeilding as well but next few grow should be golden i have nice new clone's going in and from what i hear there a good yeild.... im gonna try everyother site again this round to see how it dose with somthing that dont take 100+ days :)

nag-champa said:
any comments or recommendations?

if you want high yeild low wattage coli's are the way to go....
if you do one dont tell anyone and keep it safe.... they hold a lot of plants
dont run one aero...... i have not yet pulled a crop this style every one has died do to rot..... light leaks into root area fill the thing up with what ever soil coco hydroton perlite mix you want and let them grow.... :)
dont use thick nute's sprayers dont like them buy the right pump not some cheap ass small one...... hahah i could go on bro..... peace

oh please do, i would like to hear what you have to say
and thanks for all the detail, thats exactly what i was looking for.

what medium mix do you use, sorry if you have already stated it, but its been a while.
and how do you manage filling it up every crop?, or do you just leave it as is and run some H2O2 and enzymes

Billygoat

Killer thread like always 00420. Nice to see they are doing well. Sorry, to hear about the land lord. Glad everything went well.
Take care,
BG

GrüneErd

damn i love how you just came back like "ok, here we are at day 91.." haha so awesome. great thread!
i can't wait to run my thunks, and your coli is so fresh, definitely a setup for me to daydream about!
peace Double-oh.

full time daddy
Veteran
oh please do, i would like to hear what you have to say
and thanks for all the detail, thats exactly what i was looking for.

what medium mix do you use, sorry if you have already stated it, but its been a while.
and how do you manage filling it up every crop?, or do you just leave it as is and run some H2O2 and enzymes

I use 100%perlite...... This time I did a 75% perlite 25% supersoil mix..... It was hot and I wanted something to hold a Lil extra h2o when I use every plant site I would just dump and add new this round I pulled the roots out and added to it..... No h202,enzies just replanted & added to it too fill in what was takenout ..... It takes one 4 cubic foot bag per Coli mod to fill I think I'm gonna start reusing the perlite ....

By the way I started seeing a few (2-3) nanners at day 98 and cut them on day 100.... All post pics tonight

Flowering was right from clone 4-6" thunk has no prob getting 2-6 feet tall from clone most others strains flowered at this size get 1-3 feet tall

Yeilds are from 7-28 grams
Smallest I have pulled was 4 grams & largest was 32 avg is 14

Last edited:
looks like fun, i want to play too
do you think the 1000's are too much?

and why do you only have three tiers, according to the manual you could have covered four with 2 1000 watters

jesus, 8 cubic feet of perlite
seriously man, get that setup running on aero properly. What a pain in the ass.
fit it with neoprene collars, that should get rid of the light leaks in the roots zone

full time daddy
Veteran
looks like fun, i want to play too
do you think the 1000's are too much?

and why do you only have three tiers, according to the manual you could have covered four with 2 1000 watters

jesus, 8 cubic feet of perlite
seriously man, get that setup running on aero properly. What a pain in the ass.
fit it with neoprene collars, that should get rid of the light leaks in the roots zone

i have ran 600's and was not happy..... 1k's are the way for me
i more then likely could run 4 but i dont need to with 3 tiers & 2 lights i grow what me and the wife use/need....

8 cuft per teir....... x 3 :)

the light is not from the plant site's.... it's from the abs they used when they made the unit's... when its up and running with no medium the thing glow's too me aero is a pita everything has to be right or you lose a crop...

its really not a pain the hardest part is lefting the teirs off each other when you turn it over it all just fall's out hit it with the hose and your good...

full time daddy
Veteran
2168cut_day_100_11-med.jpg

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so i take it you are on day 105 now....

should almost be time to cut those hoes down??...

p.s. that pic u have in that last post is not working right..