What's new

What the fuck is going on in Ohio.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I just read this crap. Holy shit. The greed of humans never ceases to amaze me.

Sisu

Veteran
Talking about this maybe? Agreed, sounds fucked to me too.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/08/12/update-ohio-vote-pot-year/31469407/

Husted: Ohio to vote on pot this year

...The most controversial aspect of ResponsibleOhio's proposal is a limit on the cultivation of the commercial crop to 10 farms, which are named in the Marijuana Legalization Amendment. Opponents have called this structure a monopoly, meaning owned by one, although the correct economic term is oligopoly, meaning owned by a few.

The farms have been purchased or put under purchase option by at least 20 wealthy investors, including reality-TV star and Cincinnati restaurateur Nick Lachey, retired star athlete Oscar Robertson, NFL player Frostee Rucker, local philanthropist Barbara Gould, fashion designer and Youngstown native Nanette Lapore, Covington beer and wine distributor Jennifer Doering and two descendants of President William Howard Taft, Woody and Dudley Taft Jr.

the problem is you can grow up to four plants per adult too. So they give a little good while keeping the market on lock down

Easy7

Veteran
I suggest voting NO on Irresponsible Ohio in November. Voting yes on the issue that will block constutionalizing monopolies and yes in 2016 for Responsible Ohians.

People are so stupid they can't wait a year to grow 20 more plants, without the state requiring a stupid and dangerous permit.

MrAwder

Its tricky because there is also Issue 2 on the ballot:

The marijuana legalization amendment will appear on the ballot after a competing issue sponsored by state lawmakers. Issue 2 would prohibit language granting "a monopoly, oligopoly or cartel" in the Ohio Constitution. Husted and attorneys for state lawmakers have said Issue 2 would trump the marijuana amendment, even if both passed on Election Day.

However, if Issue 2 fails, but the amendment passes... then we end up in a rough place because the amendment is much harder to walk back.

So yes, I will vote YES on Issue 2 and NO on Responsible Ohio as I believe this is the safest course of action to prevent such monopolies. Change is coming regardless and I can wait a little bit longer.

dreaded

^^ didn't know about issue 2...
MrAwder...you have 666 post...suggest making another post..
Good Karma & Good Vibes...

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I have a theory that the powers that be want to appease the public by legalizing BUT maintain control. Ohio must vote no, in order to not give the idea of monopolized good ol' boy growing a foothold.

LifeLess

Veteran
Its gonna pass. What a crock of shit. People voting for something they dont understand. All they know is they can get a bag. Yes you can grow 4 plants but you have to register and if caught giving any way you go to jail. Not really sure how it works but they have been saying if Issue 2 and RO both pass. Issue 2 is set to start immediately and RO 30 days later. So issue 2 will block RO. Theres so much misleading info out there who knows whats what. All i know is NO RO. GL Ohio

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I do.

Something fucky this way comes.

It's bigger than Ohio.

But I'm glad a few people have started paying attention since Prop 19.

News flash:

They want money for nothing and our chicks for free.

Work too hard to think America!!

Eeeeexcelllent......

oneofus

I do.

Something fucky this way comes.

It's bigger than Ohio.

But I'm glad a few people have started paying attention since Prop 19.

News flash:

They want money for nothing and our chicks for free.

Work too hard to think America!!

Eeeeexcelllent......

^^quoted for truth

now what I want to know is this: who is behind all of this tripe in all the states putting forth these types of legislation/initiatives....WHO???

Latest posts

Latest posts