What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

supersonic

Here at 46N it depends on weather and droughts etc. when corn will be cut. usually they begin in early october, most is cut from mid to end of oct and some let it til late nov. This year they begun very early, mid sep and most corn was cut til 20th oct.
If I would know which fields are going to be till november I could grow haze hybrids in cornfileds. But because this is guerilla I can never know what happens. So it's important to me that they finish before 10th of oct. That is relatively safe date.
Probably most of indoor strains would not finish on right time for me, and I don't like smoking immature buds. We lost a lot of plants in cornfields to combines and pesticides. For example: Medicine Man is not suitable for cornfield here at 46N, SE EU if ya want relatively safe harvest.

This year I'll do aurora indica and one of them (early skunk, early riser, early durban, or durban) in cornfield. they should be on time.

Sure bet is Maroc. but I can plant to the cornfield in mid june because they are spraying against weeds till mid june and if Maroc is planted at 20-30 cm that late it will not grow big and it will not yield ok.

all the best.

ss

N

New Grower

Nice plants TheBoar!

Which strains could you recommend to grow in a cornfield?

best of luck, NG

H

HighonthePrize

^^very nice!! when should I start seeds inside to put into the corn at 43n? should i top them before they go out?

anything will work.. bubba kush, strawberry d.. pretty much anything..

the idea though is to have something that will ideally finish before chop.. In some areas and years its left up for a long tiime.. but will "show".. so you need something that finishes sometime in sept. ... usually.

G

I liked my GG x DP too.Finished before the end of Sept at 41.5 lat.
*****One thing to remember for all you cornfield growers.You don't need to remove rows and rows of corn.Just a couple stalks where the plant goes.It will get its sun...and farmers won't be on the lookout for you cuz you ripped a bunch of corn up unnecessarily..Peace
P.S.Killer pics Farmz

Last edited:
G

Hey BL, Certainly had me in the foetal position hehe. Good point on not chopping out, we discovered different harvest dates left large holes in the corn, making other plants a lot more visible, with a good pointed stick you can make a deep hole when the ground is moist. With machete cut off corn at angle & push corn stalks into the holes. You can cover plants up like this, open them out, & even hide tracks. You could even plant MJ out in the open & make them disappear overnight in an instant corn patch.
Might make the farmer scratch his head if he sees his entire corn crop slowly creeping across the field. HHhmmm, Cornucopia!

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
seeing that a lot of help has been provided, has anyone else suggested to grow a strain that produces pop-corn buds? seems fit for a corn field. :lurk:
peace :D

Buddle

Veteran
Hey farmaz2....Bruce and I are still planning on visiting..I'll pm you when I count is up to 50.Everything is good here.We look forward to seeing you w/in the year..I hope :)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very valuable information Farmaz is in not to far away from you ( 56 N lattitude)
i have some ErocketxDP also and ill give them a try here when season starts among with some of the crosses im preparing in my grow room.

Ive even talked so some friends about talking to farmers and persude them to let a spot be free of pesticides for a small amount of the harvest.
some of the farmers up here also enjoy smoking from time to time, and if one agrees it will make it all easier as we would not have peoblems with pesticides and also if its not all ripe by harvest, im sure we would be able to convince them to let the corn around the plants ripen for a few more weeks

N

New Grower

The ultimate strain for a cornfield should be the LOWRYDER (and it's crosses), isn't it?

probable ready before the corn

peace, NG

zappa66

New Grower said:
The ultimate strain for a cornfield should be the LOWRYDER (and it's crosses), isn't it?

probable ready before the corn

peace, NG

Hmmm...Sounds like a good idea. I can se rows and rows of lowryder, its like the movie "A Scanner Darkly" at the end...erm, nevermind
:redface:

Anyway with some seed running I could see this as a safe option for those unsure when their local corn comes in.

Winston_Smith

Like in The Scanner Darkly or in the X-Files movie.... lolz
Anywhoo.. Any early strain should work. The lower the latitude the better for
finishing on time. Having grown up on a wheat farm.. I have seen many grows in corn, wheat, milo, and all sorts of crops.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
I would be more inclined to try LR in bean fields or potato fields etc......something that is short and allows alot of light to reach the plants, in corn for the most part the plants have to compete with the corn. Be interesting to see every ones results this next fall. Good luck to all.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some times the cornfields grows goes bad
Big cannabis grow in corn busted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7G-KqaUHYo

well, it had my notice that the bust didnt come from DEA finding it from the air or similar, but due to a tip from a local

Hindu Killer said:
Thats a goood idea G! If they can be trusted and with stand possible intterogation should work out nicely.
I have at least one local i know i can trust for that.
? is only if his in on it or not.

Last edited: