What's new

What npk to push in flower

St. Phatty

When I was growing in rockwool, I used to get aggressive.

e.g. General Hydroponics, PLUS McLellan's orchid food, which is about 0-25-something.

Sasult

N.P.K was 9-16-18 from bark and leaf divide smallest 1-1.7-2?
and
Nitrogen (N) 11422, Phosphorus (P) 8258, Potassium (K) 7173.

How ya work the difference in numbers I can’t figure haha divide. by smallest ?

that would then be 1.5-1.7-1

my cow shit I’ve been told is 7-1-6 but I don’t know how lol

If you combine 1 Kg of each (9/16/18 +1/2/2 +11/8/7 + 7/1/6) you get 4 Kg with a total of 28/27/33 so 7/6.7/8 NPK.
The NPK ratio is % of that element by weight not volume, so measuring in liters is extra math. You will need a scale if you want to dial it in like that.
my cow shit I’ve been told is 7-1-6 but I don’t know how lol
Nitrogen N688896.2
Phosphorous (P)92843.4
Potassium (K)5540
N 6888 round to 7000, P 928 round to 1000, K 5540 round to 6000, and you get a 7/1/6 NPK ratio.

It is a good guideline, but there is no one best NPK. My goal is to have a bit of everything so the microbes can respond to whatever exodates the plan gives them. Hope that helps.

KIS

It's not that simple of a question unfortunately. You need to know or figure out what your limiting factor of growth is. Without testing your soil and water you can't really know for sure. You can base it off of visual plant clues but at that point the plant is already stressed.

Genetics, VPD, light intensity (ppfd), CO2 levels, watering habits, etc....will all affect your plant's ability to uptake nutrients.

As a very general rule, cannabis will use K more than P in flower. I like to make sure I have sufficient K for the last half of flower to avoid getting larfy buds.

Sasult

Late game K is one thing I need to work on. I'm thinking cucumber peels for more P & K. I will have to see how long they take to breakdown so I know when to add them.

Sasult

That's good to know. Langbonite was one of my considerations but I kind of skipped past it since it was mined. I will have to reconsider it, if it can replace epsom salt. In the end I want to eliminate anything mined, but not i'm not going without while I work it out. I just like the idea of making everything I need in the yard, and want to see how close I can get. I have not bought fertilizers for my outside garden in decades, but this is proving to be a bit more tricky. The limited soil volume forces more precision.

Sasult

I learnt other day potato skins have a toxin to worms order bugs will take care of them but worms apparently don’t like them
Thanks for the heads up. I looked into it and it is cooked off if you fry them.

C. Crews, in Encyclopedia of Food Safety, 2014

Control​

Solanine is not removed by boiling, but it can be destroyed by frying. Solanine poisoning is uncommon as cooks and the public are aware of the problem and tend to avoid green potatoes.

Three Berries

That's good to know. Langbonite was one of my considerations but I kind of skipped past it since it was mined. I will have to reconsider it, if it can replace epsom salt. In the end I want to eliminate anything mined, but not i'm not going without while I work it out. I just like the idea of making everything I need in the yard, and want to see how close I can get. I have not bought fertilizers for my outside garden in decades, but this is proving to be a bit more tricky. The limited soil volume forces more precision.
Hardwood ash is a good source of Ca and K, Mg Basically any mineral the tree would pull from the soil. Quite basic though pH wise.

Bio boy

0-0-22 is the official nutrient ratio for the NPK but it is 2 KSO4 for 1 MgSO4.
i can get murate of potash but not with the magnesia big on the end its all MOP and MOPM we seem to think it rare here but basalt common
ive tryed different names too
the only way i can find it is if its alread in a mix or import it at price of gold haha

Three Berries

I get the langbeinite off Amazon in 10 lb bags.

I see it's only found outside Carlsbad New Mexico USA.

Edit: It originally found in Germany hence the German name.

It's 100% water soluble too, 240 grams to a liter,. I'm adding 50mL of a saturated solution per gal as a start. No other Mg. Get a little from the well water and I add limestone.

Last edited:

Rico Swazi

no pushing allowed
science starting to reinforce what we already knew
'less is more'

Increasing fertilizer rate was found to have a dilution effect on THC, THCA, and CBGA; therefore, excessive organic fertilizer application during the flowering stage should be avoided despite increased biomass yield.