What's new

What npk to push in flower

Bio boy

There is so many bloody numbers all so different 3.1.1 or 1.3.1

and then see people say don’t push k in flower and then @slownickel said sonthing about pushing k at the end but not higher than p ?

coot added a 772 fert which is low k
but others add in bonemeal 3/15/0 Which is and sop 0.0.52 at what point are these numbers exceeding the other ? and soma y different combinations I’m writing down but numbers are all totally different

looking through the organic soil recipie collection it seems everyone has so many different numbers and reasons
what are the numbers I’m meant to aim for in my soil .. or what amendments do I make in flower to drive the yields ?

y’all must be working to some kind of target ?

I’ve my mix
organic sheep bracken with comfrey(leaf mould)
ewc
cowshit
peat

larva rock

kelp
neem

azomite
rockdust
gypsum
lime
mbp

spray with fish hydrolysate every 3weeks and stop at week 4 flower

I feel everyone adds meals and shit so surely I am missing valuable bits to addd my yields ?

Last edited:

Mattbho

2 -4-4 - 2-4-6 for flowering

6 2 4 I use 4-4-4 for veg .

Little tweaks will produce different results .

Myself I like to go into flower with a lighter green than most . Can always easily add nitrogen . And boosting k last few weeks helps with quality. Not alot but maybe 50ppm . Or a can of coconut water diluted between 2 plants

The awesome thing with organics is that your feeding the soil not the plant. So as long as its close the plant will dictate what it wants from the "microbes" and they do most of the lifting. Theres a few rules to follow so u don't throw the soil right outta wack . Cal - mag and nitrogen - potassium i believe are the main ones.

@Slownickle

Really likes to push calcium to the max outdoors i believe that's why he's adding extra k near the end .

That guy has forgotten more about soil science than most of us will ever know . Keep reading . When I was new it helped to keep a book and jot down key points so u can easily find them when u need them. Now if i could just find my book:)

Last edited:

Bio boy

2 -4-4 - 2-4-6 for flowering

6 2 4 I use 4-4-4 for veg .

Little tweaks will produce different results .

Myself I like to go into flower with a lighter green than most . Can always easily add nitrogen . And boosting k last few weeks helps with quality. Not alot but maybe 50ppm . Or a can of coconut water diluted between 2 plants

The awesome thing with organics is that your feeding the soil not the plant. So as long as its close the plant will dictate what it wants from the "microbes" and they do most of the lifting. Theres a few rules to follow so u don't throw the soil right outta wack . Cal - mag and nitrogen - potassium i believe are the main ones.

@Slownickle

Really likes to push calcium to the max outdoors i believe that's why he's adding extra k near the end .

That guy has forgotten more about soil science than most of us will ever know . Keep reading . When I was new it helped to keep a book and jot down key points so u can easily find them when u need them. Now if i could just find my book:)
Lovely reply dude thanks you. yeah I got 2 notebooks full that all contradict each other with different stuff lol it’s amazing everything from @dank.frank To coot and the world haha

ye seems everyone has such different views and approaches I’m lost to what’s best lol
Seems the 4-4-4 is a basic for all and chicken shit has 4-3.8-3.8 basically the same but different additions also pushes high ca at 9 slow would be proud lol question there is does one need to lime if chickenshit is so ca rich hmm?
but there is flower amendments 2-8-4 flower and then that 2-8-10
both push p and then other pushes k higher again slow wouldn’t like one of them lol confused to what to use there

mixing my own and adding npks feels madman’s game and matching everyone’s npk is impossible lol 9FB8BACF-3CE8-42D3-9895-B05F4C47CF00.png 2F10815F-53B4-4687-A84A-62DD39FBCE86.png 2DA80D05-3425-42B0-8D2A-4BAAB70AFA41.png 9B2C82B8-335E-4F0F-B67D-6A6C2CFB4D1E.png 034A39E4-3167-4B32-9C4F-D940098FFA0E.png 132507AE-42B1-4CDA-A424-D2F5B7FD09CF.png

Bio boy

Push... while I understand it's a common term, I would hope everyone understands there is no pushing with cannabis. The goal is the minimum necessary for optimal growth, with anything greater tending to 'push' quality down. ;)
Umm what now ? If the goal was the minimum people wouldn’t add bonemeals etc ? Or did I misunderstand that lol

Bio boy

Doesn't seem correct. All kinds of numbers online (depends on what kind of bones I guess) but the theme seems to be some N, lots of P, and not much K at all.
My bad I missed sop there

its just some add nothing just soil
Some add coots mix which is basically neem kelp crab rock dust oyster

then joes mix with n thisnpic has all coots amendments
then had the npk amendments which seems a lot alone
then a general fert

then has what seems like even more he adds somuch mg langbeinite has enough he adds epsom too which is more plus already mg in soil cast and the npks I can’t keep up lol
so how does this not over fert ?
and how does more simple mixes not under fert

Attachments

• 0D85080E-1467-4C73-BF6D-02F1D8B19D7A.png
    0D85080E-1467-4C73-BF6D-02F1D8B19D7A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Bio boy

Doesn't seem correct. All kinds of numbers online (depends on what kind of bones I guess) but the theme seems to be some N, lots of P, and not much K at all.
Didn’t someone say don’t push k above p ? Think was slow nickel to be honest

goingrey

Didn’t someone say don’t push k above p ? Think was slow nickel to be honest
Bonemeal isn't a complete fertilizer I suppose. Need something with potassium along with it.

Some brands seem to have more K and some more P in their bloom fertilizers. All of them seem to work. Wonder how much of a difference it really makes.

Bio boy

Also there was that study where they tested with two varieties and found that hey, it depends on the strain.
I hear ya I’m just looking at npks of my composts and worm cast and wondering what target I need to aim for
1company the ewc is p dominant and another is k dominant

so guessing depending on which one I’d have to amend to fix npk levels ? I don’t wanna mess up like my current one has and everyone had a thousand theory’s from p to k lockouts to mg to ca so I feel lost now I’ve no idea which way to go what to add what not to add
I need my yield lol I don’t want a puddly yield we all want a dank fat harvest eh and my last round stung me hard with problems rebuilding it I don’t want to make the same mistakes but am unsure who to follow or how to create with soma y different options

I mean I want a water only mix I don’t have to amend anything to except maybe as I go into flower if needed to atall

I’ll run a soil test soon as I build it and at the end but problem is I need a plan hahaha I am £200 on tests and £100 in amendments now that’s I didn’t need lol
now throwing my £350 soil bed to spend another )350on it lol I just really wanna get it right and I’m freaking out without anyone to really turn to lol

goingrey

I hear ya I’m just looking at npks of my composts and worm cast and wondering what target I need to aim for
1company the ewc is p dominant and another is k dominant

so guessing depending on which one I’d have to amend to fix npk levels ? I don’t wanna mess up like my current one has and everyone had a thousand theory’s from p to k lockouts to mg to ca so I feel lost now I’ve no idea which way to go what to add what not to add
I need my yield lol I don’t want a puddly yield we all want a dank fat harvest eh and my last round stung me hard with problems rebuilding it I don’t want to make the same mistakes but am unsure who to follow or how to create with soma y different options

I mean I want a water only mix I don’t have to amend anything to except maybe as I go into flower if needed to atall

I’ll run a soil test soon as I build it and at the end but problem is I need a plan hahaha I am £200 on tests and £100 in amendments now that’s I didn’t need lol
now throwing my £350 soil bed to spend another )350on it lol I just really wanna get it right and I’m freaking out without anyone to really turn to lol
Yea I guess it depends on what the worms have eaten.

The kelp meal in Coot's mix is a potassium amendment.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you go with Biobizz it will have low values 1-2-2 for bloom and grow will be 3-0-8. I know people that use this and get awesome results.

Bio boy

If you go with Biobizz it will have low values 1-2-2 for bloom and grow will be 3-0-8. I know people that use this and get awesome results.
Trying to not use bottled nutes and let the soil live bro I’ve used biobizz all mix to rescue them atm though cause I got 30 bags of it in the yard haha

so basicly keep p equal to k never higher and boost k mid flower to end
end of flower stretch worm poo for light n and p sulphate of potash for k without sodium from kelp

got 2 worm cast i am using both omri

N.P.K was 9-16-18 from bark and leaf divide smallest 1-1.7-2?
and
Nitrogen (N) 11422, Phosphorus (P) 8258, Potassium (K) 7173.

How ya work the difference in numbers I can’t figure haha divide. by smallest ?

that would then be 1.5-1.7-1

my cow shit I’ve been told is 7-1-6 but I don’t know how lol
Nitrogen N688896.2
Phosphorous (P)92843.4
Potassium (K)55403022
Calcium (Ca)995074.0
Magnesium (Mg)117214.6
Sulphur (S)952130
Iron (Fe)265512.7

add them all and ya get
9.5-3.8-9

also the cow shit is only added at 15 litres compared to 100litr of worm shit so i not gota figure out how to work that out

seems low in p or high in others
but dosages be waaay off due to weights
kinda brainstorming here ignore me lol or help don’t mind but I re read this and it helps me get closer

is this where I would add a bone meal or rock phos eh ?
Still waiting soil result

Last edited:
Npk numbers don't correlate with the natural world. Not even as ratios. Kinda the whole point of organics, to make solubles on your microbes time, not to buy NPK numbers. The best organics are 0-0-0. No one will buy that though. Tons of organic products are spiked for NPK numbers on the jug, and those 3 day results. Wouldn't sell otherwise.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you using an organic water-only mix? Why are you even looking for NPK values?. Organics won't have high numbers and should be as close to 0.0.0 as possible. I use his Organic Nutrient pack(2.5-3.5-1) when amending soil for organic growing. It's essentially the nutrient portion of his Water Only and Biochar soil mixes. All you need to do is water. If thats your goal no need to get anything else just Apply 1 cup of nutrient pack per 10 gallons of soil. Link to mixing below

20$ free ship

Last edited:
Reactions: KIS

Dime

There is so many bloody numbers all so different 3.1.1 or 1.3.1

and then see people say don’t push k in flower and then @slownickel said sonthing about pushing k at the end but not higher than p ?

but others add in bonemeal 3/15/0 Which is and sop 0.0.52 at what point are these numbers exceeding the other ? and soma y different combinations I’m writing down but numbers are all totally different

looking through the organic soil recipie collection it seems everyone has so many different numbers and reasons
what are the numbers I’m meant to aim for in my soil .. or what amendments do I make in flower to drive the yields ?

y’all must be working to some kind of target ?

I’ve my mix
organic sheep bracken with comfrey(leaf mould)
ewc
cowshit
peat

larva rock

kelp
neem

azomite
rockdust
gypsum
lime
mbp

spray with fish hydrolysate every 3weeks and stop at week 4 flower

I feel everyone adds meals and shit so surely I am missing valuable bits to addd my yields ?
I think the diff fert ratios are because you don't want the plants to "deplete" what they need during stages and not to push but provide. They can only use so much and adding more than needed has no value and can be detrimental ex phosphorous can burn and indoor ferts have low numbers since there is less medium to buffer. Since they can't control what they get they will take it all in ,use what they need and store the uneeded ex;nitrogen in flowering,so flowering ferts ensure they have enough without extra they won't need.The higher numbers on the bottle are %'s so 20 20 20 has 4 times more in it than 5-5-5 so you use less of the former or if you have a plant or area that has huge needs 20-20-20 would be cheaper and they won't run out. I think outdoors they naturally deplete the nitrogen in their own aea and work with whats left.That's how I understand it but I could be wrong and if I am someone please correct me.

Sasult

From what I have seen he does most of it with castings. Feeding worms banana, cucumber, and potato skins gives plenty of K. That is where a good bit of mine comes from.

I try to view it as a range of acceptable choices. I don't worry about exact numbers, and try to provide a diverse diet. The plant will customise it's exudates to fill it's needs, since it is not being force fed salts.
Your list is about the same as mine, but I swapped out kelp for alfalfa, soybean hulls and hardwood sawdust (fungus food).

Bio boy

From what I have seen he does most of it with castings. Feeding worms banana, cucumber, and potato skins gives plenty of K. That is where a good bit of mine comes from.

I try to view it as a range of acceptable choices. I don't worry about exact numbers, and try to provide a diverse diet. The plant will customise it's exudates to fill it's needs, since it is not being force fed salts.
Your list is about the same as mine, but I swapped out kelp for alfalfa, soybean hulls and hardwood sawdust (fungus food).
I’ve done kelp to alfalfa swap too lol
though I learnt other day potato skins have a toxin to worms order bugs will take care of them but worms apparently don’t like them
but avocado cut in half on the surface makes a breeding ground for worms and the white mites amazing literally makes them curl in a ball and breed

also malt barley makes them aggressively mate and makes them push enzymes and eat like mofos this one I know coot swore by
saw a worm farm convert to grains after he tested it and got 500% increased worm mass in his bin lol

now he breeds in buckets with malt peat and food scraps n sells worms

Sasult

Malted seeds are great, I have multiple maple and catalpa trees in the yard so I get a couple buckets of them. I had covered the patch in leaves and the put the pods on as mulch. In the spring there where hundreds or sprouts I raked in. They made the rhubarb go nuts(4' leaves), after seeing that improvement I started to use them other places.