What's new

What mycorrhizae is everyone using?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MicrobeMan, do you have any knowledge of or experience with http://ogbiowar.com/ They have a foliar,root, and nute pack of supposed beneficials.

The nute pack contains both [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]g intraradices and g mossae which you have said are the only strains that colonize cannabis roots. But what about the other packs? and the other contents in the nute pack?

What do you think of this product?
[/FONT]

I took a look at their website and what they offer as far as contents makes a little more sense than some others. Their nute pack has a good spore count compared to other products, if what they say is accurate as follows;

This product has 100 spore colonies per gram of each of the following endo mycorrhizae:

-Glomus intraradices
-Glomis mosseae
-Glomis aggregatum

-Glomis clarum

If true, this means 400 spores per gram, which blows away everything else on the 'cannabis' market. Commercial farming Premier Tech has 3200 spores per gram.

I do wonder if what they state is true or if they meant to say 100 spores per gram in total.

Their root pruduct contains only Trichoderma which also makes sense.

O

OrganicOzarks

I took a look at their website and what they offer as far as contents makes a little more sense than some others. Their nute pack has a good spore count compared to other products, if what they say is accurate as follows;

If true, this means 400 spores per gram, which blows away everything else on the 'cannabis' market. Commercial farming Premier Tech has 3200 spores per gram.

I do wonder if what they state is true or if they meant to say 100 spores per gram in total.

Their root pruduct contains only Trichoderma which also makes sense.

I spoke with a scientist from another Company (not premiere), and he said that they have to have such a high spore count(premiere) because most of the spores are not viable. This was based off of their research in their own lab with premieres prodcut. He also said that Premier uses a synthetic process to "grow" their spores when it is possible to "grow" the spores on an actual plant.

MM have you checked the viability of Premieres product? If so, are a the majority of the spores viable?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
so in theory this is a better product than the others available? like i said i am not in the market to be purchasing more mycos from any brand but thought maybe this could help someone.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spoke with a scientist from another Company (not premiere), and he said that they have to have such a high spore count(premiere) because most of the spores are not viable. This was based off of their research in their own lab with premieres prodcut. He also said that Premier uses a synthetic process to "grow" their spores when it is possible to "grow" the spores on an actual plant.

MM have you checked the viability of Premieres product? If so, are a the majority of the spores viable?

This smells like BS to me. Is it by chance the scientist who uses a dissecting microscope to confirm vesicles and arbuscles?

Using the 'actual plant' method is the homeboyonthefarm way of acquiring spores. This does not make them more viable. Using an airlift bioreactor in a laboratory (still involving roots) is a cleaner more isolating method for acheiving viable spores.

Would you rather get a product from a company/lab which supplies the world, both agriculturally/horticulturally and on a wholesale level or some dooda who promotes hobby cannabis and pumpkin growers.

I have consulted with 2000 acre farms on the prairies that use the Premier product year after year. Do you think they would keep using it if it did not work.

The reason why the spore count is so high is so farmers can dilute it for their seeding machines.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so in theory this is a better product than the others available? like i said i am not in the market to be purchasing more mycos from any brand but thought maybe this could help someone.

I received an email back from ogbiowar indicating that 400 spores per gram is the count. If this is the case then yes, better.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I get all my mycorrhizae from hydro shows for the most part. So it's all free. Any reason you couldn't put extra in the soil? Would this lower ph of the soil? As appose to trying to buy the brand with the most spores per gram?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I received an email back from ogbiowar indicating that 400 spores per gram is the count. If this is the case then yes, better.

please excuse me for my ignorance, but when you say better...

Are you saying it's better than the Premier product? Or just better than all the other available "Beneficial Myco's"??

Basically is this the new #1 product in relation to spore count? Or are there still better options?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
please excuse me for my ignorance, but when you say better...

Are you saying it's better than the Premier product? Or just better than all the other available "Beneficial Myco's"??

Basically is this the new #1 product in relation to spore count? Or are there still better options?

I answered this at greater length earlier but got hit with a power failure. 400 endomycorrhizal fungi spores per gram appears a better amount than found in most hobby grade product. The Premier product at 3200 spores per gram is more suited to commercial farmers at the cost factor involved.