What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Awful about your son's dog. I haven't ever had my older dog operated on for that exact reason. I don't know how I'd handle it if something like that happened due to a careless vet. That's fuckin tough. I hope your son can get through it ok.

I hope your trip goes well. Wish your son would change his mind about going. You know what you're doing out there though. Hope you get some nice ones...and let's see some pictures when you get back.
Thanks.

The vet in reference has a limited amount of time to make my son's grief livable by refunding at least 60% of the money he took, or the next time I see the aloof SOB in the grocery store, every individual with decent hearing within 150 ft. will know what occurred. Humiliation and truth can be glorious instructors.

I'm finishing up making a huge batch of deluxe jambalaya with shrimp, chicken and andouille sausage, then on to sorting tackle boxes and changing out hooks where necessary; the bodies of water we fish in the Yukon Territory have different tackle restrictions than the remote waters we fish in Alaska, so every trip I get to go over each lure and make sure I'm not 'trolling for a citation.' Trying to limit my donations to the government.

Back to the jambalaya.

moose eater

@moose eater
its freezing cold outside but for some reason im sweating through my eyes
that could be f'd up about the dog and there is a reason why they keep people in the hospital a while after surgery like that
but if he is willing to let by gones be by gones...
i feel for you brother

My daughter is an RN charge nurse, and the thought of sending any species of 'patient' home before they are conscious and stabilized completely befuddled her.

The pup had been my oldest son's best buddy for a long time. When he first got him from the pound, my son was probably close to 19 y.o., and he pedaled his bicycle everywhere with his dog in a backpack.

He was a well-mannered, calm, mostly obedient pup, part Karelian Bear Dog, and a cuddler. almost never a problem.

My best guess as to why the vet sent him home while still unconscious is that he didn't want to board him through the weekend. Maybe had plans?

I don't think he killed him on purpose. I'd hope not, as I have plenty of road flares and diesel fuel. But he damned sure sacrificed quality of care for whatever his reasons were.

I value my dogs more than I value most people, and my guess is my oldest son does as well. Fewer head games, less dishonesty or manipulation in most cases (unless it involves good treats/food) and far greater loyalty.

Thanks for your sentiments, pop.

I'll get a container of the jambalaya to my son tomorrow. For now, I'm off to smoke a joint of Soul Mate and drink a hard lime seltzer.

CharlesU Farley

I value my dogs more than I value most people, and my guess is my oldest son does as well. Fewer head games, less dishonesty or manipulation in most cases (unless it involves good treats/food) and far greater loyalty.

I'm right there with ya. I cried more when our first "inside dog" had to be put down than when my parents died... and I even feel guilty about that. Here's what I always keep in mind:
1000008653.jpg

moose eater

Sorry for your loss. It hits hard,remember the good times.
Thanks.

He was my older son's pup but spent a bit of time here at our house and was a special dog.

Encouraging my son to look into getting a tox screen from the vet's office that has his body so he can speak factually re. what I believe caused his death. Waiting for a cost associated with that series of tests.