What's new

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

I'll try to keep the blowhard, boomer bullshit to a minimum on this story, but there's a direct link to MC5. And HJ, I know the Detroit scene is very close to your heart and I mean no disrespect whatsoever with the story. :p

I'm working down in a section of Miami Beach called Sunny Isles, which was like a blue collar Las Vegas without the gambling back in the '50s - early '70s. In the late '60s there was a club called Thee Image, go ahead and Google it, just about every rock and roll band from back in the day played there at one time. The house band was Blues Image, of Ride Captain Ride fame.

I was working as a pool boy, and all the tourist chicks from the Northeast would come down to Miami during the summer, on vacation with their parents. One weekend, Cream was going to be at Thee Image. I have always absolutely loved Jack Bruce, had several Cream albums, and really wanted to go see them.

A girl from Detroit was staying at the hotel I worked at, and remember I'm only 13 or 14, so I can only dream of that sweet goodness that lies beneath that bathing suit bottom. I'm trying to impress her and talk her into going with me up to Thee Image to see Cream. This is the kind of music I wanted her to listen to, and that I wanted to hear:

Now she that she's never heard of a band called Cream but if I wanted to hear some real good music, I could come up to her motel room and listen to a band that she thinks is the best that she's ever heard. In anticipation of going up to her motel room and maybe getting a little stank finger, but no, that didn't work out that way, she was _really_ into this group. She played this song:

OMFG, that shit sounds like after like absolute noise compared to Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton. With lyrics like, I'm a human being lawn mower chop chop chop chop chop chop chop, it really didn't speak to me. :cool: I was profoundly disappointed! And there was no stank finger to be had from that tourist girl.

Sorry HJ, I haven't listened to an MC5 tune since then, until you just now posted it. It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting.o_O:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

imiubu

Quite often I ask myself... 'WTH was I viewing for YT to suggest so much irrelevant BS?'.

Occasionally however a gem comes across and I take a dive down ye olde rabbit hole.
Others may have also as, this one has 26M views in 1 yr.
I may be late yet, I did finally arrive.