What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your 'Zombie Apocalypse' plan??

L

LolaGal

Cannons are a girl's best friend when confronted by zombies.

Incendiary rounds are often overlooked, but would be an excellent choice of bullet for zombie fighting.

;)

fvk so you can carry a couple thousand shotgun shells and still be mobile?unless you live in the boonies with low population shotguns are not a viable weapon. the sound would attract a swarm and carrying all that ammo would be impossible. remember in some areas the dead will be in the millions. even if there are 100,000 dead that would be too much. we gotta survive man as a species cant be making stupid mistakes lol.

Zebulon

Ohh..what a great thread...:D

I have a 'Zombie Apocalypse' plan too...get as much food, weed, beer and ammo as i can, and build a barricade somewhere....:headbange

I HIGHLY ADVISE, THAT EVERYONE SHOULD DOWNLOAD AND READ - "The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks" :D

HERE IS THE LINK....: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3974660/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide_by_Max_Brooks or http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5029218/The_zombie_survival_guide_-_Max_Brooks_(.pdf)

It is better to be prepared, when one day the dead will start to walk among us...:yoinks:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Just imagine what the nevada desert would spring up, mobsters from all over the world and the many people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time lol.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I would probably open up a church.

zombie%20jesus.jpg

ToughGirl

My plans involve two scenarios, because you never know, it's best to have a contingency plan just in case:)

1. - Slow moving zombies (classic zombies). Generally slow moving zombies don't pose much of a threat unless you are outnumbered and surrounded. For a slow zombie outbreak, I'd hole up here. We have solid 6' privacy fences, no lower windows (all glass block), 2' thick oak doors, and enough food to last several months. Water may pose a problem after a week or so, but hopefully it rains. I'm also armed to death, and have about four thousand .22 rifle rounds, I have at least 500 9mm semi jacketed hollow points, and around 200 .223 high power armor piercing rifle rounds, and a .12 gauge with maybe 20 shells. Considering there are only 1700 people in the town I live in, I could sit in an attic window (or on the roof) and snipe them all day with my .22 rifle. It's not a hard hitting round, but it's scoped and accurate and enough to kill slow moving zombies. I could probably wax the whole city and not use more than 2000-2500 rounds. Hopefully they don't last long and I could escape eventually.

2. - Fast moving zombies (modern 28 days later type). Well based on the movies, it's generally luck on who survives. Most of the survivors are worthless and are scared senseless. Hopefully the news picks up on it before it's too late giving us an hour or so to prepare. If phones work, I would call my old Commanding Officer, he's one of my best friends and high ranked in the military. Chances are he'd come to get us anyway. I'd spend my precious time packing food and weapons into our classic car in the garage. It's fast and very heavy, no airbags to get in my way. I'd drive and have him ride shotgun (hence the name), I'd have my gf ride in back and head up the rear. Hopefully the military hasn't fallen apart and we could head to a local base and catch a transport somewhere safe. If not, I have to go with a sailboat myself. No fuel required, and most have radios and fishing gear in them already. In the Great Lakes region, I could spend a few weeks on the water, no problem. I assume all the islands will be filled with people with the same idea, but maybe not. Maybe the world was overtaken too quickly and only a few of us made it. If that is the case, I'd find something that was smaller, but safe and spend most of my time either hunting/fishing to survive or sending radio calls out to find survivors. I'd then try to form a para-military organization, recruit as many viable people as I could find and try to sweep a larger area clean, maybe Nantucket. Then it's just a waiting game to see how long they 'live'.

I will say this, trouble makers, saboteurs, and anyone that goes against my command will be shot on sight. 90% of the time in the movies, the people end up killing each other or making a stupid move that gets everyone else killed.

As for family, my parents live in a huge apartment complex 300 miles away, so they are pretty much done. I love them, but I can't help them from here. My siblings also live too far away, which is unfortunate since my brother is an electrical engineer and a genius, not to mention a tough fucker, good to have on your side. But that's life after a zombie apocalypse!! ;)

M

movingtocally

I could come up with a pretty sexy scheme, but honestly I'd probably get high, put it off until it was too late, and just kill myself.

ddrew

Veteran
I'm also armed to death, and have about four thousand .22 rifle rounds, I have at least 500 9mm semi jacketed hollow points, and around 200 .223 high power armor piercing rifle rounds, and a .12 gauge with maybe 20 shells. ;)

Nice, they say we Americans are gun nuts and laugh at us, well we'll see who's laughing when the Zombie Apocalypse happens.

Bunch of unarmed frenchies running around screaming and getting their brains eaten.

K

KMK0420

It's not possible...but if it happened, id call Liam Neeson and say his daughter was kidnapped....solves the zombie problem in a day.

ToughGirl

Nice, they say we Americans are gun nuts and laugh at us, well we'll see who's laughing when the Zombie Apocalypse happens.

Bunch of unarmed frenchies running around screaming and getting their brains eaten.

Does that make me gun nuts? Hahahahahahaha:) Or just an avid sports-woman? Call me what you want, but when the zombies start coming for you, who's house are you going to run to? Mine probably.

Well actually I am a little nuts about the whole 'guns and ammo' thing, but I've never claimed to be normal, just tough:) I went through a phase when I was younger, and that's all I have to say about that:) Besides, I'd rather have 10 guns and 5000 rounds and never use them, than have no guns or ammo and really need it.

In France, zombies consider brains a delicacy:) hahahahaha:):) Well it's true;)

H

h^2 O

all movies aside, it really happened like this - back in 1969 at the VA hospital in Pittsburgh there was a chemical spill of some type, the Army had been trying it out as a defoliant or something. Anyway, this crap got everywhere and somehow when the fumes got into the morgue it made the bodies kind of jump around or wiggle as if they were alive. So there was a big cleaning thing and all the bodies and contaminated stuff were packed into barrels. Well the Army found out about Romero's then new movie, Night of the Living Dead, and they said if he didn't change the story they'd sue his ass off.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Yeah dude, I think I read about that, or saw Return of the Living Dead. Maybe it was both.

Dude06version. I get where you're coming from, but with that hoard of zombies just wanting to eat you dude, I'd rather take my chances going out with a bang rather than trying to take them all out with a bat or a sword. In most zombie movies, they always seem to be able to hone in on where living persons are located anyways. On top of that, in my perfect world, the undead are Romero zombies. So it'd be awhile before a bunch of them show up, if they're actually able detect any noise as the noise of the living. But yeah, a couple of zombies? I'm gonna go Shaun of the Dead on their asses. I'd rather use assault rifles myself, but I wont knock a fully automatic shotgun's place in the zombie apocalypse.

I don't even want to think about a 28 scenario. All I know is it'd be really hard to survive the initial outbreak. I don't own any firearms, but I know where to get them if I need to. So yeah, I might just have to plow some undead fools down with my car on the way there.

ToughGirl

all movies aside, it really happened like this - back in 1969 at the VA hospital in Pittsburgh there was a chemical spill of some type, the Army had been trying it out as a defoliant or something. Anyway, this crap got everywhere and somehow when the fumes got into the morgue it made the bodies kind of jump around or wiggle as if they were alive. So there was a big cleaning thing and all the bodies and contaminated stuff were packed into barrels. Well the Army found out about Romero's then new movie, Night of the Living Dead, and they said if he didn't change the story they'd sue his ass off.

That's not true! Hahahaha! I'm friends with Jack Russo, the guy that wrote the screenplay. They had a company called Image Ten, they were doing local commercials in Pittsburgh, mostly for Iron City beer. They decided to do a full movie on a very limited budget, and the only thing they could think of was a horror movie. And even that was shot in B&W for cost reasons in 1968, meanwhile films were shot in colour since the 40's and 50's. The original title was 'Night of the Flesh Eaters', but that was the name of another movie (can you believe that?) anyway at the last minute they changed the name to Night of the Living Dead. The bad part was when the titling company changed the titles, they forgot to put a copyright on it, which made all of those copies public domain, it was copied and recopied and sold and played royalty free, and the original people that filmed it got totally burned. That's why it was played globally, because you could play it on anything from a drive-in to TV and not pay for it. Most of the people from Image Ten are very nice people, and I've met most of them a few times.

lordbudly

Veteran
me and a few other close friends have already been talking about this and already are planning it out, but not just a zombie apocalypse plan, more of a militia type plan for anything, say, end of the world war outbreak, civil militias, gang war, invading army trying to take over an area, we believe a war is going to start soon and such, like the increase of ammunition prices also started a whole new wave of make your own bullets, stock up on as many as you can, tons of extra powder and actual lead, not cases, and im planning on saving up to make my own militia bunker, 2 stories with a stockpile basement, concrete, built to survive ballistics, air missile strikes, rocket launchers, grenades, gun fire, and invasions, along with generators food and water, with of course pound upon pound of gunpowder, with quite a few crates, entirely filled with bullets and shells, my arsenal?

men on the first floor would sit at the windows and defend the surrounding area, mind you there would only be one wall with windows, the other impenetrable with anything,perhaps even built into a hill kind of bunker, to conserve ammo i would use a powerful semi automatic gun that would easily penetrate the heads of zombies/invading force and probably go to hurt/kill another zombie/invading force in the process, even slightly longer range, my choice gun would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G3 the g3, able to shoot and discharge quickly, accurately, with a 20 shot magazine a couple guys could hold off a couple 100 zombies at any time

on the second floor one or two guys would sit with a sniper rifle, since they are backup at most they arent ment to use larger shells with higher recoils or anything, especially since they couldnt hit more then 2 zombies/invading personnel with a shot at that angle with a powerful gun, so i chose http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/BoltAction22/981T.asp this model of the .22, i just had to penetrate the head to kill the zombie/ invading force,17-25 shots depending on type of ammo, short , long ,or longrange, equipped with a scope powerful of shorter and long range (500 feet) shots with nightscope abilities

now, when the metropolitan areas are overcome, there will be a LARGE wave of zombies coming at different times, instead of wasting time sniping them all out and perhaps even risk the livelihood of the defending force, i would employ a powerful machinegun at ground level, able to belt feed from preloaded 100 shot ammoboxes, able to pierce and knock over many zombies surrounding the hit zombie, being hit by a zombie falling back hard and such, i would put out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M2_on_a_RHIB.jpg an m2 browning, tripoded, this also could be represented by perhaps, waves of troops

if i ever had to go on foot id be screwed with heavy arsenal, or a weak weapon! so i chose a weapon thats light, good for close quarters combat, pretty strong, accurate, unwasteful, and could pack many clips, the mp5navy! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5 great for this job

but i couldnt waste ammo on one or two zombies, no no no no! so i grab a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana or two for each person, in sheath alongside me for the occasional zombie

maybe i would make a sheath for a baseball bat too, for breaking windows

Last edited:

ddrew

Veteran
Nice plan LordB and a fine selection Of HK weapons, I like the HK416 myself, just watched a special where they buried one in the sand, dug it out and started firing no problem, they then did the same test with mud, and being completely underwater, fired everytime, I want one.

Attachments

• hk-416.jpg
    hk-416.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6