What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your one weakness as a grower?

T

thesloppy

My single biggest weakness is my many small weaknesses.

...but seriously, I suck at properly drying my weed.

WelderDan

Veteran
Lazy. As in too lazy to maintain a mother for any length of time. I'll clone it for a while, then get bored with it and let it go. I seem to be much happier finding nice plants, making crosses and then moving on to the next project.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only one??? I'd say neglecting the veg room. That and fixing shit that ain't broke.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Cloning. It's my own personal version of chinese water torture. I overveg some times because a copy hasn't rooted yet. Out of necessity I've become pretty good at revegging.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i would have to say lazy, i could do better with the care of my plants but as long as they are growing i don't bother with dialing in and making sure the leaves look perfect.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
over "fucking around"

this hobby is passive to an extent. i tend to hurt myself trying to find shit to do.

G

gloryoskie

At first, chopping too soon. Sigh.

Now, lazy record keeping. And snapping less pics.

fukndenny

i'd have to say paranoia.

shit sucks , and I can't seem to get over it until I have no plants growing then I feel completely free and at peace again.

stupid laws...

Man, so many good answers but overall procrastination seems so prevalent. Changing up what is tried and true for some new dumb-ass flavor of the week technique. Also buying into the latest genetic promise from some fly by night breeder.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cloning sucks balls, some times it works great one way then try it again the same way and it doesn't work. Frustrating to say the least.

Have you guys with cloning problems tried Rapid Rooters? For me, rooting gel + Rapid Rooters + humidity dome + heating pad underneath almost always leads to rooted clones within a week or two. I've only had one plant that was hard to clone this way, a particularly strong White Rhino I grew last year.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
not checking my pulse...

i mean not staying in the now. wandering ahead where i have no business going...

8-bit

probably inexperience, I've only been learning from my father for a few years, and even in those few years ive seen each harvest improve on every facet, year after year. I'm growing where he never had success before though, indoors. So I'm basically taking the outdoors and cramming it into a 3X2 space. I think small mishaps with light, or over, or underwatering, arent that big of a deal, because they all happen in nature right? (rains all day-no sun, over water/drought- no water, too much heat) but i think thats my downfall, in order to grow perfect buds, you need perfect conditions, and I'm finally starting to figure that out.

8-bit

and cloning^ just keep em watered, until they develop roots YOU are the only source of water, although i have found rooting in soil with heavy clay concentrations to be more forgiving- side by side I had two clones in clay (all 2" sq pots) and one in miracle grow (I like the moisture release nutes for the babies, no worries about burning) and a few days too long without looking at my veg room left me with one really wilted clone (managed to save it, but shes taking some time to recover) while only one in the clay mix was wilted, and to a much lesser extent, leaf drooping vs. main stalk drooping