What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your one weakness as a grower?

gtgio

Well my most glaring weakness right now is the fact that I can never seem to be in one place long enough to do a full flower run. I can't wait till I'm done school / moving around for internships and jobs so I can have a dedicated room.

Jamorg13

Absolutely hate trimming. I sometimes waste marketable buds because I dont want to trim them. Kind of off topic but i always loved liebig's law of the minimum

imgres

imgres

A

Alfred

Never vegging long enough is one issue. Another is harvesting a little early and not being patient. To sum it all up it's patience. It really is a virtue.

-Funk

Yes, Patience.

I always try to justify to myself why i should chop early. :)

smoooth

Neglecting vegging plants since I spend more time in the flower room.
And just procrastinating in general. Always seems there is something to improve. Currently it's switching my hoods to parabolics and adding another 1000w to the room but that requires doing some wiring.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another weakness I have is that Im not interested in any fast finishers. I wish I was, but it seems like everything I want to grow is 10-12 weeks!

Some fast finishers are worth keeping. I'm growing a room of C99 clones now that finish in 7 weeks. This bud is also the best I've ever had in terms of potency and the quality of the high.

My weakness in the past has been taking care of the mother plants. I built up a nice collection of mother plants in my first 7 years or so of growing. One little incident with a girlfriend at the time made me forget to water the plants for a week or so. Half the plants were dead by the time I got to them. Fuck.

I ended up ditching my old plants and starting over when I moved cross country, but I still feel bad about that mistake. I'll do my best to keep this C99 mother plant alive and healthy over the years. :)

IC BUDZ

I know that right whe the lights come on is the best time to feed but im always too tired to wake up and do it in the morning and end up doing it a couple hours after lights on. my worst attrubution is wastng money on stupid little things trying to improve the grow or make the job easier when i usally dont need these things but get them anyway

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keeping it simple. The harder I try to make it, the more I find easier yields better...

I'm a variety whore. All my ''problems'' stem from that. I run too many varieties at a time to get shit dialed. I'll probably never run a monocrop and therefore I'll never get max out of my set-up. But I'm a gardener,not a farmer. It's about the experience,quality and beauty.

Sir_Syzurp

I know that right whe the lights come on is the best time to feed but im always too tired to wake up and do it in the morning and end up doing it a couple hours after lights on

Ha almost sounds like me, I would say this is where I lack as well. I usually try to water 1 hour after lights come on every 3 days, but sometimes it turns in to 5 or 6 hours in to the lights being on, and occasionally it turns in to 4 or 5 days without water (I'm a firm believer in starving your roots so this doesn't bug me too much). Another aspect I think I lack in is ferting, I am always afraid of burning or locking up a nute in my plants so I keep the nute feeds once a month for normal soil and I RARELY feed anything to TLO soil except a pretty light mix of guano tea, ewc and molasses at week 2 and 6 and molasses every other water (pretty much once per week) in the last 4 weeks of flower.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Picking the strongest strain !!! I always think it's going to be great but it's pretty weak atleast for me headband 707

growhi

stuffing my grow room to the point were i cant even get in there without doing some pot arrangement ................................ and as other memebers have said poping wayyyy to many seeds than i should or even have room for ........... oops :)

Latest posts

Latest posts