What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the worst strain you have had the misfortune to grow out

With the skwalker the overall plant quality was ok-midrange but the thing that got me was so so much variation no 2 seeds were close to same, thats all

the orange one tasted good enough but not what i was going for, i have a dank tangie already

theJointedOne

Veteran
Gg4 outside this year. Someone told me it must have gotten root bound, but everything else i have is huge, all 10ft tall and wide, except the gg4, sitting there at 3-4 ft with the most brittle branches I've ever seen...maybe duds I dunno, but I lost lots of lbs bc of these.

Tynehead Tom

mighty mite white lightning..... was 25 years ago and I still remember that shit.
come to think about it, every variety we bought from vanouver area seedbank back in the day, sucked balls except for the breeder steve and Dj short drops.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Gg4 outside this year. Someone told me it must have gotten root bound, but everything else i have is huge, all 10ft tall and wide, except the gg4, sitting there at 3-4 ft with the most brittle branches I've ever seen...maybe duds I dunno, but I lost lots of lbs bc of these.

Sounds like it dudded with the brittle branches. GG4 for me did great outdoors last year and she is pacing it on right now in my baby greenhouse. She grows as wide as she does tall for me and packs the weight on. She's not finicky and is pretty hardy. The only drawback is the weak as shit floppy stems. She stinks loud as hell towards the end though if that's an issue.

Sorry to hear about the dudding issue.

Siever

Veteran
Just did a run with some THseeds MKultra.... Was some lanky poo garbage that smelt shit and had little frost except one plant, I tried a few... Not total hay, but considering my bud paid big $ they where a pretty big let down...

I've grown MK Ultra several times and I always had very good results

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Kodiak Gold-Reeferman Would not get me high. Grown twice same effect.

Lifestar Bx1-BOG Would not get me high. Frosty as hell. One plant = one joint.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Papaya and blue mystic from nirvana seeds. Only popped a single seed of each and they were both big bags of ass. Straight poop. If 1 out of 10 is even that bad I can't believe they call that a seed line. Garbage indoor and out.

7thson

TGA; Querkle. I couldn't get high no matter how hard I tried,it was only a couple of plants though.

There's been others too but I'll just mention that one for now.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yummybud2_zps6hfmshjj.jpg

one of the ingenious members here made this up.......

Stardog

We just ran a pack of a high CBD strain from Centennial seeds. Now they're at close to 75 days of 12/12 and I might as well have driven to western Iowa in September and grabbed a hemp plant full of seeds right off highway 80. $100 a pack with 10 seeds, worst breeding work ever, except of course "Yummybud's" line...:tiphat:

Mohadib

Veteran
Nirvana's New York Power Diesel has let me down big time! From a pack of 10 regs only 3 seeds popped - two males and one female. Both males were shit. The girl started out OK, but eventually stopped doing anything from week 5 onwards.
Although she had a pretty unique sour-pickle smell to her, she just didn't develop ANY trichomes and so the result was completely useless (as well as tasteless).

This is especially disappointing because I've heard and seen so many great things about this strain.
Well, I've used the trash I got to make some seeds. Let's see if the 'God of recessiveness' is a benevolent one^^

j_hold420

For me it was c99Xerdpert by hybrids from hell. It grew great - great yield, vigorous, fast finisher, great bag appeal but just wouldn't get me or anyone else high. Mossy's gem was a huge letdown too - beautiful purple nugs that tasted like burnt plastic with no buzz whatsoever.

Got 2 freebies of "dream machine" by heavyweight seeds.....only grew one out but that was enough for me. All leaf. Bad aroma. Virtually no buzz whatsoever.

...other seed got pitched into a ditch where it belongs. No room for sub-par in my seed vault. (Ok ok...its a refrigerator)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Tga qrazy train got me sooooo bad. I can't believe tga discontinued mickey kush but kept qrazy train. They are trippin....