What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the purest Indica strain that you have ever grown?

E_the_Green

I am just looking for some ideas for my next seed order, as I am an Indica/Afghani LOVER always looking for new ideas. In the past(ending in 2007), I always grew Nirvana's Northern Light and Hindu Kush. I see now they have removed Hindu Kush from the available strains unfortunately. It was my personal favorite. The Northern Light was nice as well, it finished fast and the nugs were always frosty.

I am currently growing out my first indoor grow in 6 years, I'm 2 weeks into flowering and Nirvana's Blue Mystic is ROCKIN'! The plants aren't as old as the rest, I ordered feminized beans of Blue Mystic and Northern Light about a week or 2 after I ordered regular Aurora Indica and Papaya beans in Feb.

Blue Mystic has all the classic Indica traits that I love to see before switching things from veg to flowering- Big fat round leaflets, short and tight space between nodes, much resin production. It is more Indica looking than any Kush or Northern Lights I've ever grown. At 2 weeks, my 2 Blue Mystic girls are already starting to bud and they look fantastic. Any similar strains that have came up in the past 5-6 years that I should know about? I am a bit outdated in my information and appreciate any suggestions. As far as sources I've only used Nirvana ever, I know they're legit and the plants are always nice. I like the variety in phenotypes personally, I like sifting through them to find keepers.

Here are a couple pics of my Blue Mystics today...exactly 2 weeks into flowering :tiphat:

Attachments

• BlueMyst1d.jpg
    BlueMyst1d.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 7
  • BlueMyst2d.jpg
    BlueMyst2d.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 10

E_the_Green

I tried Papaya and Aurora Indica this run as well (standard seeds), and all my nice Indica phenotypes were male mostly with both strains. I have one Indica dominant Papaya plant, but it isn't the healthiest in my garden at the moment it looks a bit yellow.

The lone Aurora Indica female plant I have out of 5 seedlings looks more sativa than anything, I can't understand why it looks like this- Here is a pic of the Sativa dom AI girl I have:

Attachments

• AI1b.jpg
    AI1b.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 11
  • AI1c.jpg
    AI1c.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 10

E_the_Green

The Northern Lights plant I have now looks pretty Indica dominant although I only sprouted one bean to make sure they were viable. I don't know if it has to do with being a feminized seed or not- this is my very first attempt to grow feminized seed and I went with Blue Mystic and Northern Lights. Wish I had bought feminized AI and Papaya!

The Northern Lights girl I have- she is a runt/mutant with no serration on the smaller leaflets they are just round. She grew very slowly and took 2 1/2 months to get a foot tall. I only sprouted one bean to test viability and I got her, so it looks like I won't have much NL to smoke this run. I do have 9 more feminized beans though for the future and 8 feminized Blue Mystics ready for next run though!

Here is the NL girl- she's budding along with the 2 Blue Mystics already at 2 weeks 12/12- she's just so small though

Attachments

• NorthernLight1a.jpg
    NorthernLight1a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9
  • NorthernLight1d.jpg
    NorthernLight1d.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 7

E_the_Green

Yeah I suppose that it could be the 10% or so Sativa coming out from the Northern Light lineage in the Aurora Indica. Most pics I've seen of this strain look totally different though. I've read nice things about the Papaya sativa phenotype, I have one of those going now along with a 50/50 mix hybrid and a more Indica plant that looks a bit sick atm

E_the_Green

Here is my whole grow, with the AI sativa pheno on the far left that towers over all else. She's stretching like mad now at 2 weeks into flowering- trying to grow into my light. I hope her top doesn't get burnt by the 600w HPS I am using!

Next run I'd like to do a few more of the Blue Mystic feminized beans I have, and possibly throw in some other suggested Indica plants if I come across any good ideas. I have time to get seed arranged while these finish up.

The plants are in 2 rows of four- top row from left to right is the AI sativa pheno, Northern Lights runt/mutant, Papaya 50/50 mix pheno and Blue Mystic.

Bottom row from left to right- Papaya sativa pheno (can't see her very well but she is similar to the AI sativa pheno just a bit shorter), Mystery local nugget bush, Papaya Indica dom pheno(she's yellowing very badly and the larger fan leaves have died..I FIM'd her at the 5th node because she was getting much too tall and I wanted an even canopy for the light), and Blue Mystic.

Attachments

• Group1.jpg
    Group1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 8

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Purest Indica I have touched was Deep Chunk.
Looked like nothing I had grown before.
Short plant, Huge leaves and insane resin.
Look it up 100% if pure indica is your goal :tiphat:

E_the_Green

narakush from seed sman !!

suppose to be 100 % pure

Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to check that out. I love me some Kush, that earthy flavor and smell is so unique. Plus the stuff I grew from Nirvana in '07 was true one-hit-and-quit uber potent stuff. I ran those strains about 5-6 times in my old grow cab but I had to quit because I moved to a new house and got enrolled in college.

I decided at that point in my life I needed to put the partying on the back burner but now I need medicine for severe pain and nothing comes close to MJ for me, I've tried everything this past year and nothing else works as well for so long. Tired of taking the pills the Dr throws at me.

E_the_Green

Awesome, yeah I've heard about that one before. I just looked at some pics of the buds off that strain and wow that is what I'm talking about! So frosty you could ski off it. Great suggestions, guys! Anyone else know of any heavy Indica/Afghani strains that are nice to grow indoors?

E_the_Green

Here are 3 Hindu Kush plants I grew in 2007, and the last pic is a Northern Lights plant I had growing with them. I can't locate my flowering/harvest pics these veg pics are all I can find so far.. and these were off my old cell phone camera not high quality sorry about that. Its all that survived, photo-wise.

Attachments

• HinduKush2007(3).jpg
    HinduKush2007(3).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10
  • HinduKush2007(2).jpg
    HinduKush2007(2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
  • HinduKush2007.jpg
    HinduKush2007.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
  • NorthernLights2007.jpg
    NorthernLights2007.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran

100% correct...that is a true pure indica..but due to its tendency to overtake crosses. It is not that popular...BTW any KUSH on the market today is not pure by any means...been crossed, bred, selfed, and STS'ed up the ass..LOL

I really do enjoy landrace/ heirloom genetics, like pure sativa's and indica's

BUT that being sad pure strains have there problems..there is a reason f1 crosses tend to be stronger, more potent and people want them more...Pure strains have not(by definition) been bred out, so ANY undesirable qualities..are still there..

Example....Deep Chunks..cabbage like veg...huge fan leaves and a very slow vegger....So its all relative...you think a pure strain would be better...that's NOT ALWAYS the case..

peace
Chefboy

jessethestoner

Thats what happens when you get inbred and lose vigor.

The most indica plants ive grown are bubba kush and northern lights x bubba kush. Just ridiculous squat plants with massive massive leaves, and just a hit of the nl x bk knocks out even the hardest smokers.
But like many others have said and will say, I was to stupid to keep mothers or re-veg

jessethestoner

Also ive grown out lots of Lebanese hash plants and ive gotten tons of great plants that are the definition of indica hashplant. I ended keeping a strain from northern Lebanon thats actually a very sativa leaning hybrid, it knocks the indica plants out of the water

Painfull

There is 10 different Northern Lights strain #1-#10. while #5 and #10 is said to be the best and is used in a lot of strains. Getting anything pure Indica or Sativa is rare due to the crossing of too many strains. Most at best you are getting a hybrid. A pure Afghani would be my choice. If you do your homework you still maybe able to find one. You can also make some awesome hash.

:tiphat:
Painfull

I

im me

afghani landrace wish i still had it, i still kick myself every time i think about it ^^ to make up for the troll

jessethestoner

Lets keep the thread on topic, some people viewed his post as unhelpful simple as that.
He didnt even contribute to the thread. So chefboy whats the most indica plants youve grown?

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Blockhead
Chemdog
Shiskaberry
Afghani #1

But have never grown out a pure indica..

What about you jessthestoner?

What strains have you grown out?

peace
Chefboy

fungzyme

Deep Chunk's already been mentioned (for good reason), but you might want to take a look at a few of Cannacopia's DC crosses,
particularly Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk and their Lapis Mountain Indica.
As much Indica in there as you'll probably ever need, and a real good price too (not much more $ than Nirvana seeds).

Latest posts

Latest posts